Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SNA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I'm picking up from here on Xmas Eve
You, too? Race you for the last Grand Marquis!

(But for me, the SNA folks are starting to recognize me, esp. as an EE; I've got an FS in, but hopefully will be able to get an L or P)
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:48 pm

Actually 12/24 might not be too bad since business travellers wont be there to take the Exec cars (in theory...)

I've actually had pretty good luck at SNA over the years. Last March, I rented a loaded (and I mean loaded - Nav and all) Ford Flex from them. But recent reports on this forum dont get my hopes up.

I've never had to do this, so I need to clarify something - if I dont like whats on EA or ES (I'm Exec), what cars can I take from the "regular" spaces? Midsize and below?

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 8:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Johnnyman7
I've never had to do this, so I need to clarify something - if I dont like whats on EA or ES (I'm Exec), what cars can I take from the "regular" spaces? Midsize and below?
As Exec, I'm assuming that your reservation is for FullSize to take from ES - as such, you should be able to take from FullSize down - I've done this occasionally taken from "regular" Full or Mid size.

For EA, it would be Mid-size down.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
As Exec, I'm assuming that your reservation is for FullSize to take from ES - as such, you should be able to take from FullSize down - I've done this occasionally taken from "regular" Full or Mid size.

For EA, it would be Mid-size down.
The problem with this location is the entire lot can be filled with garbage, or as Carol found, nothing at all.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:17 pm

I've never rented Full Size when doing Executive Aisle reservations. Always Mid-Size. I've never ever had a problem picking a car from Executive Selection when doing this. National's policy on this whole full-size/mid-size for Execs has always been nebulous at best and I've found that their employees dont care (or dont know).

I'm picking up my car at 1030PM tonight. Will post what I find on EA and ES.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnyman7
I've never rented Full Size when doing Executive Aisle reservations. Always Mid-Size. I've never ever had a problem picking a car from Executive Selection when doing this. National's policy on this whole full-size/mid-size for Execs has always been nebulous at best and I've found that their employees dont care (or dont know).
+1.

In fact it's our company policy to only rent mid - sized, and I always pick from the executive aisle.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any reports from SNA today? (12/24 eve)
Old Dec 24, 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Any reports from SNA [12/24 eve]
FWIW, last night at 1830 I go to pick up my car; had a three-day 1-2-F coupon pickup. Saw a nice Navigator on the VIP side. Told 'em I'd like that. Lady behind the counter says "You booked a FS, you can select from the Aisle" (which was full, even if they were all GMarcs and Chargers) I retorted that as an EE, I can pick any car that's not already booked, ask for her Sup. He tells me all the Lux/Prem are all booked up already. "Well, get me a Sonata or Sorento or Jeep" (preferring the latter, as I gotta drive the presents out to the in-laws).

Begrudgingly- you could tell they were expecting someone to be upsold to anything decent and saving them- they get me a Sonata (which is still Intermediate, IIRC) which I prefer more than the other cars on the lot, all the while claiming it's Xmas Week and everything's all booked up. (Which might be true- but if an EE wants something, esp. in the size that's reserved, FFS at least try to be accommodating ...!)
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:37 pm

Even though I'm an Emerald Club member, I decided to rent a compact for a short trip on Dec 3. The girl at the kiosk in the garage tried to upsell me but I said I wanted to save some money on this trip. Ended up with a VW Beetle, which according to the slip was a standard, which I can't figure out. The trunk barely fit my 25" suitcase. I'm not complaining because I rented a compact but I wouldn't have been happy if I would have paid for standard.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:13 pm

I can file my own report. EE had a plethora of 300s and Chargers. Aisle had one Camry and one Chevrolet-something. I found a Sonata tucked in between two 300s and took that (doing lots of driving, need something with good mileage).

Two Altima Hybrids were on the lot, but they were spoken for - I couldn't even book a hybrid car if I wanted to as they were sold out (as is LAX) for some time.

A MKZ was parked on the other side of the Aisle. I asked one of the clerks about it, but she said I couldn't take it - I don't think she was an agent or had anything authority (maybe a car jockey supervisor or something). Also somewhat ditzy as I asked her where the missing key for the Sonata was and she said she would go look for it, then got into a car and drove away I found the key myself in the booth and confirmed with another agent that both Hybrids were reserved.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I retorted that as an EE, I can pick any car that's not already booked, ask for her Sup. He tells me all the Lux/Prem are all booked up already. "Well, get me a Sonata or Sorento or Jeep" (preferring the latter, as I gotta drive the presents out to the in-laws).

Begrudgingly- you could tell they were expecting someone to be upsold to anything decent and saving them- they get me a Sonata (which is still Intermediate, IIRC) which I prefer more than the other cars on the lot, all the while claiming it's Xmas Week and everything's all booked up. (Which might be true- but if an EE wants something, esp. in the size that's reserved, FFS at least try to be accommodating ...!)
Umm.. I am sitting here reading my documents. WHERE do you see tihs "I am EE and can any car that's not already booked" entitlement?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
WHERE do you see tihs "I am EE and can any car that's not already booked" entitlement?
EEs can use their free days for any car class on the lot not already reserved for someone else. (On 3/1 however, that changes to "Up to Luxury".)
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
EEs can use their free days for any car class on the lot not already reserved for someone else. (On 3/1 however, that changes to "Up to Luxury".)
You said you were using 1-2-F days. There can only be used for up to Full Size, for ANYONE. The banked free days can be used for any class, but you HAVE to select that in your reservation booking.

Ron.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:21 pm

Ah, thanks. I guess they've been indulging me there; I'd never had a problem with that before.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
What's the current fleet status at SNA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.