Cars at SNA

Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: SPG HH AA PLT AS MVPG
I rented this past weekend and found several crossovers to choose from, mostly Dodge Journeys.

The Emerald Aisle and Executive Selection are on a single lane in the parking garage, facing one another. They all had the same tags on them, so I grabbed a car from the Exec side and they checked me out without any issue/difficulty.

On my return on Sunday, I also noticed a few Minivans parked in the aisle.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:45 pm

Rented from SNA from 10/2 to 10/4.
Upon pick up, the aisle had the usual selection but also had a Mitsubisi Eclipse, which I took. Was not new, had about 24,000 miles. Upon return I saw a VW beetle.

Steve

Last edited by Windjammer; Oct 5, 2009 at 12:47 pm Reason: Misspelled my own name
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone noticed any hybrids in the EA/ES or other category lanes?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Picked up 11/10 around 1 PM. Executive had one Hybrid (Nissan) that I took. Also one Jeep, a couple of mini vans and one giant thing... Looked like a big ford, but honestly I didn't pay much attention.

The Aisle was not much better. Lots of mini vans... YUCK!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Forgot to update my experience...

Oct 17 - Exec had a variety of cars, including a Camry, Avalon and some generic US brands. EA was mostly US brands. A little annoying that the service desk was giving out some of these cars to regular folks.

I spotted a Prius, but it wasn't on the aisle - I understood that I could take any car from my reserved category or below, but at SNA it's hard to tell which row is what category outside the aisle.

I went to the booth and asked for the Prius - first agent went to get keys, but second agent stopped them and asked if I reserved it. When I said no, they said I couldn't have it - and we argued for awhile about an Exec's privilege to take any car off the lot in their reserved cat or below. During the argument it was unclear if the car was reserved to a customer who wanted a hybrid or not (if it was reserved, obviously I'm not taking it), but it wasn't.

Finally agent 3 (appeared to be manager) said I could take it (begrudgingly, like a favor ). Unfortunately, it was missing the tourneau cover over the luggage space, so I decided not to take it after all and swapped it for an Altima hybrid I found nearby.

Unless I couldn't see the signs, it was hard to tell what category cars are parked in at their facility - either that or they don't know how the EA/Exec programs work, since we know that we can take a Prius (or other car) from the FS (Exec) or MS (EA) aisles if we don't like the selection in the Emerald aisles. I know we can't just walk up and take a premium car from the premium aisle if we only reserved a FS or MS.

To make sure this doesn't happen again, I paid the extra $30 or so and reserved a Prius at LAX for 10 days over Xmas/NY...hopefully they'll hold one of the 2010s for me because the 2nd gen models are really starting to look like crap.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:30 pm

Sunday 1/17 at around 10:15 PM

ES Minivan, minivan etc. (Don't know or care what brand LOL!) Also had a Towncar looking thing and a few other sedans. Took the Kia Altima with a sunroof and leather. High mileage (33k) but runs fine and is VERY clean. Would never know it was that 'high'

Regular aisle also has some mini vans and some basic cars. There was a Red VW Bug and another Blue VW (type unknown.. if I had seen it before I got in my car I might have taken it)

Also report from 1/11 at 11 PM. HORRID SELECTION on both. More minivans then you can count. From the ES I took a Hyundai Sonata, car seats were horribly stained and car was not in good shape! If it hadn't been so late I might have complained.

I am NOT driving a minivan! I have no idea why they think business travelers want the things!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
I am NOT driving a minivan! I have no idea why they think business travelers want the things!
I would go over to the EA and get a corolla or HHR first!

Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Took the Kia Altima with a sunroof and leather.
That wasn't a Nissan Altima you drove? Or maybe the Kia Optima?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I would go over to the EA and get a corolla or HHR first!

That wasn't a Nissan Altima you drove? Or maybe the Kia Optima?
Optima. Sorry.

(Still not taking the minivans!)
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Was at the Exec Aisle this morning. Not very exciting. There were a couple of Lucernes and a couple of Impalas. Also a few minivans. Regular EA seemed to have a lot of HHRs.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:54 pm

Report from Tuesday 2/9 at 2 PM

Executive. A couple of TownCars, one Altima, 2 minivans, 2 Malibus. (Took the Altima)
Aisle. Some generic looking midsizes and a HHR.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
3/20 (Saturday night)

Exec Aisle: a bunch of Crown Vics. Or Grand Marquis...whatever. One Jeep SUV. Nothing else at all - I was disappointed. I had just finished driving a new Altima hybrid all week and enjoyed it - I was crossing my fingers that I'd get another Altima.

The regular EA was actually a bit better than Exec: several new Priuses, a new VW Beetle, and a couple of the small Toyota SUVs. (One or two GM's in there too but I didn't look closely at them.) I briefly considered taking the Beetle since I've never driven one but decided on a Prius instead. Had less than 1000 miles on it...
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
I just returned a smelly, tired and dirty Saturn Aura (hey, it beat the Kias that were the only other option at SAN) to SNA, maybe the next person will luck out.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:55 pm

April 5, 1:10 PM or so...

Executive 1 Camry (Brand new, but pretty basic) 1 Malibu, 2 Grand Marquis, a few SUVs and minivans (took the Camry) Regular had a Prius (if I had seen that I might have taken it) Corrolla, 2 HHRs and more mini vans.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Member, Hertz #1 Club Gold, National Emerald Club
Renting from SNA from 01 OCT 2010 till 10 OCT 2010

Greetings All,

I apologize if this posting is in the wrong place, however, the "Cars at SNA" posting are rather aged.

A few questions for those who travel much more than I.

(1) I am an Emerald Club member. I plan on arriving at the SNA garage around 2230-2300hrs on FRI, 01 OCT 2010. Any idea what types of vehicles I should expect to see in the Aisle? About 2 years ago I got a Ford Mustang (arriving on the same day of the week and time, though am not holding my breathe this time around.

(2) Emerald Club and the Executive Section are on top of each other at SNA. Do they really check to see that you are the correct membership level? The hang tags I've seen in the cars don't have anything checked typically!

(3) Any suggestions for the best coupons/deals currently out there!

Thanks again and I appreciate all the information on this site!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:32 pm

I rent from SNA an aveage of two times a month.

1. Expect very little selection. My last late arrival they about two cars I have not seen a Mustang there in well over a year. Malibus, Hyundia's etc.

2. If you don't qualify, STAY in your own Aisle LOL! However, as a Elite... the cars there are pretty bad. My last two rentals... I went back to the Aisle. Unless you want the Grand Marquis, it's not worth the hassle!

3. Check the specials to go....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.