Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SNA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
If you're talking about rates as far the reservation, I've never been charged differently than what I pay for my corporate rate. Are some rates variable?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by jlin011
If you're talking about rates as far the reservation, I've never been charged differently than what I pay for my corporate rate. Are some rates variable?
I was surprised, my quote was 152 and i looked at my cc today and it was 184. I need to ask some questions i think.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: National EE, Avis CC
How's the car selection @ this location lately?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Rented from this facility this past monday and it was a bit of a scrum. They have redesigned the National lot with Exec on one side and Emerald on the other.
They were bringing up cars and the Execs were grabbing them as soon as they brought them up. My BossLady insist on a Chrysler 300 so we had to wait a bit. A nice new one fully loaded (c class) did very nicely for the five days. The price was actually a bit lower than the original quote

The staff here is really wonderful and does a great job ^
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:57 pm

Any reports on the EA selection at SNA lately?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:42 am

Executive Aisle around 7am~ish:
2x challengers
2x chargers
1x 370z
1x Explorer
1x Highlander
1x Camry
1x 300C
Few other random smaller SUV's

PS - Maserati ($100/day)
They wouldn't budge on the price of the Maserati.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:46 am

Thursday night 10PM

ES:
Nissan Murano
Suburban
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Renegade (Trail Rated)
Couple small Dodge suv's
Usual Sedans
300C

Picked up the Renegade with 300 miles on the ODO for my trip this weekend to Big Bear. Was tempted to pick up the Suburban, but that thing is wayy too big for me this weekend.

PS:
Red Maserati ($100/day)
Convertible Camaro parked next to Maserati, assumed PS and not ES.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:56 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Friday Morning at 830am, the line was bare! A couple of challengers, imapalas and a Santa Fe or two.

I was heading for one of the Challengers when i saw a Maxima sitting right next to the exit. Snagged it and the 600 miles it had on the clock were not going to stay that way!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:58 pm

I'm an Executive member with a company contract code and have a question about an upcoming trip. My girlfriend and I are picking up a car from SNA on 3/13 and doing the PCH drive up to SF, dropping the car off at either SFO or OAK on 3/20. I've always just booked an Emerald Aisle car and taken one off of the Emerald or Executive Aisles. I put the dates and locations in and found that selecting Emerald Aisle costs $402 while reserving a car from the luxury class will cost $297 (It said $425 but then when I selected luxury, the price ultimately says $297 instead EDIT: I figured out that's because my Executive status drops the price down to premium). I have a few questions. 1) Is it normal for luxury to be less than EA? 2) I've never had a reservation where I didn't choose the car. What should I expect with a luxury reservation? We'd be picking up the car on Sunday afternoon. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by 914Commodore; Feb 18, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by 914Commodore
I'm an Executive member with a company contract code and have a question about an upcoming trip. My girlfriend and I are picking up a car from SNA on 3/13 and doing the PCH drive up to SF, dropping the car off at either SFO or OAK on 3/20. I've always just booked an Emerald Aisle car and taken one off of the Emerald or Executive Aisles. I put the dates and locations in and found that selecting Emerald Aisle costs $402 while reserving a car from the luxury class will cost $297 (It said $425 but then when I selected luxury, the price ultimately says $297 instead EDIT: I figured out that's because my Executive status drops the price down to premium). I have a few questions. 1) Is it normal for luxury to be less than EA? 2) I've never had a reservation where I didn't choose the car. What should I expect with a luxury reservation? We'd be picking up the car on Sunday afternoon. Thanks a lot!
Can I ask what you ended up getting with a luxury reservation at SNA?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I rented a couple weeks ago and the Executive Selection got a nice Mustang convertible. Much better than the governed to 80 mustang I got from Hz last year.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:35 pm

In mid-July, were were looking for a three row vehicle. They had a few, but they all had third rows that were tiny and that took up any room you'd want for luggage. Just as we were about to give up, an employee drove in with a Ford minivan, so we took that.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: United 1MM, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I'm a new EC Executive Elite (company status program) and doing my first National rental with this status at SNA next week. We need a full-size car due to amount of people/luggage. I looked at the reservation and both "mid-size" and "full-size" options say you can select from the aisle. Based on my understanding from this forum, I reserved a full-size since I think ordering a mid-size does not allow me to select a full-size from the Executive aisle. Is that in fact correct? If they have both mid and full-size cars in the aisle, how do I know which models fall into which category?

Lastly, the emailed confirmation says "go to counter". I do have the app on my phone. Am I correct in assuming I just bypass the counter and go right to the aisle and pick a car? My profile on the website does have all info populated (address, DL, credit card, etc.).

Lastly, what full-size cars can I expect to get at SNA in the Exec aisle?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
@drklain, you're required to go to the counter because this is your first National rental.. They need to verify all your information. I believe you can just go to the garage and verify it there (opposite terminal b, bottom floor).

In regards to car selection with midsize reserve, you can pick anything on the executive aisle. SNA has a very quick turn on vehicles (especially when multiple flights come in). I have sat in one vehicle only to abandon it once a nicer one has come out. I picked up a Nissan Pathfinder in the aisle last week. You can usually find the typical assortment of vehicles, but then sometimes you see the higher end ones there too (300c, 300s, enclave, even convertibles). Depending on time, I have even seen Chevy 2500s pickups if thats your thing.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: United 1MM, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Thanks for the info. National does have my info (I rented from them a month ago) but at a place with no Emerald Aisle/Exec Aisle, so I had to go to the counter.

am I correct in understanding I can take anything from the Exec Aisle and pay the mid-size price (I reserved a full size and guess I pay one level lower)? Or are the cars marked with what level they are on tags?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.