Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DEN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
Flew into DEN yesterday, Saturday 9/20. Got to National around 3pm. Slim pickings in the EA/ES area. Probably only about 5 vehicles total in ES area. We grabbed an Infiniti M35 sitting by itself on the 1st row. Other vehicles I noticed were a Buick Enclave (my 2nd choice) and a couple of large SUV's (perhaps 4-runners, I didn't look closely).

We were just happy to get the Infiniti, although it has a noticeable odor of smoke combined with that wonderful spray they then use to try to mask the scent of smoke. The scent has dissipated a bit, so overall it's a great ride.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:44 am

Programs: National Elite. that is all...
Originally Posted by sequin
Flew into DEN yesterday, Saturday 9/20. Got to National around 3pm. Slim pickings in the EA/ES area. Probably only about 5 vehicles total in ES area. We grabbed an Infiniti M35 sitting by itself on the 1st row. Other vehicles I noticed were a Buick Enclave (my 2nd choice) and a couple of large SUV's (perhaps 4-runners, I didn't look closely).
http://flyertalk.com/confused.gif
We were just happy to get the Infiniti, although it has a noticeable odor of smoke combined with that wonderful spray they then use to try to mask the scent of smoke. The scent has dissipated a bit, so overall it's a great ride.
lolll
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by sequin

Holy cow, DEN has an Infiniti and an Enclave in the ES aisle?!!!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
Any more news on executive? I'm going to be there in February.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL PLT, WN A-List Preferred, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite
I was just in Denver last week. My last couple of trips there the Exec. Selection was mostly Suburbans. Last week however, it seemed like they switched to Expeditions. The ES was full of brand new Expedition ELs (extended length). There were also a couple of Chrysler minivans spread through out too.

The Expedition I picked up had 2 miles on it. IMO, it wasn't as nice as the Suburbans. With the Suburban i always had XM, leather, and rear backup sensors. The Expedition had cloth, no sat radio, and no backup sensors (a challenge trying to manuever in the city parking garages).
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Picked up a car from Denver this week. The Executive Aisle was full ... no Infinitis, a few mid-size SUVs, Nissan coupes, Toyota Avalons, Volvo station wagons and one Volvo S60. I took the latter, even though it had over 17k miles on it.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 11:47 am

Flying into Denver 1/31 around 11:00 AM and am hoping there is a Suburban or Expedition in the Executive Selection Aisle, after reading all the recent posts I'm feeling more confident!!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:03 am

Anybody reports on Denver the last couple of weeks?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:59 am

Still no recent Denver reports??
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
I also anxiously await a report (not bad aliteration there :P). I'll be in DEN on 2/24. Help!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 3:49 pm

Let me know what you see daru1!!!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: Choice Privileges Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, National EA, Avis First, HHonors Silver, Delta Skymiles
I'll be in DEN on 2/10, but am just an EA. Will report on what I see in the ES aisle if it will help. Am I correct in that if I don't see anything I like in EA, I can walk over to the regular midsize aisle?

Last edited by VolFanDave; Jan 26, 2009 at 8:03 am Reason: Clarified a sentence.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by VolFanDave
I'll be in DEN on 2/10, but am just an EA. Will report on what I see in the ES aisle if it will help. Am I correct in that if I don't see anything I like in EA, I can walk over to the regular midsize aisle?
That shouldn't be a problem since its a Midsize reservation - some overzealous attendants may stop you though.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PLT, WN A-List Preferred, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite
I was back in Denver the week of 12/15 (a little late I know), and the ES had a bunch of Chargers and Mazda 6s.

My experience with Denver this time of year is that they take all (most) of the 4WD SUVs off the aisles since they can rent them to vacationing skiers headed to the mountain. They usually put in front wheel drive cars.

I'm heading back next week, and will report back.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, National EA, Avis First, HHonors Silver, Delta Skymiles
Arrived in DEN-seemed to me there was no rhyme nor reason as to which vehicles were where. In the ES were several Expeditions, at least one Suburban, a couple of Chargers, a Malibu, and more than a few Toyota Tundra pickups. Among my EA choices were a couple of Impalas, a G6(with XM), a Trailblazer, a Galant, a Fusion, a Saturn Vue, a Kia Sportage and a GMC Envoy, which I chose over the Trailblazer due to the Envoy having leather seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.