Cars at LAX

Old May 30, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I picked up an Infiniti FX347/QX70 about an hour ago or so.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Field report:

8am arrival on Thursday (5/18). I was cautioned that exciting cars may be limited due to high volume traffic into SoCal for this time of year due to graduation and whatnot and the cautionary tales were proved to be correct.

Headed upstairs. Both the EA and the EC were quite full and the attendants were pulling in cars but both areas were full of non-exciting, standard rental fleet cars:

Emerald Aisle (didn't check here much as I had a EC membership) consisted of your standard variety of Nissan Altimas, Ford Fusions, small to mid size SUVs of Hyundai/Kia caliber and the mix match of Chevys. Nothing exciting at all.

Executive Area were full of standard fare of Impalas and V6/base model Mustang and Challenger coupes. Lot attendants were pulling up more boring cars as it got closer to 9am.

The only interesting thing that could've caught some eyes in the Executive area were:
3-4 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited
3-4 Dodge Durango R/T
1 black Ford Expedition (would be a great choice for someone who needs the room)
2-3 Ford Explorers
4-5 Dodge Charger R/T
1 Chrysler 300C (I took this one as it was the best for my needs out of all the choices offered)

No real luxury offerings on that morning it seemed. Lucky to the people who got Q70 and some German cars.
Were the Ford explorers at least Platinum trim?
Old May 31, 2017, 6:05 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Mark Francis
Were the Ford explorers at least Platinum trim?
No, they will be Limited, Sport and XLT.
Old May 31, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Putnik
I picked up an Infiniti FX347/QX70 about an hour ago or so.
Nice! A random tuesday at 2pm would probably a great time to score a nice ride.
Old May 31, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
It does seem like a nice ride, really good handling for an SUV. It just doesn't have the awesome exhaust sound that older VQ35 engined cars had.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: avis, national, jetblue, delta, marriot
Had my Enterprise rental from 6/1- 6/5. Reserved a luxury caddy XTS or similar and they had nothing available so upgraded me to an Audi Q5. I was very happy with the upgrade. Couldn't really see what else was available because the audi was right outside the building.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:08 pm

Huge crowd at National today around 11 am. The rental car bus filled up completely (some people standing) at T1 and it didn't stop anywhere else.
I picked an Audi A4, but then I saw a Camaro SS at the edge of the lot and picked that. The line to get out of the parking lot started where the luxury cars are parked. It probably took 25 minutes to get to the booth.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Putnik
Huge crowd at National today around 11 am. The rental car bus filled up completely (some people standing) at T1 and it didn't stop anywhere else.
I picked an Audi A4, but then I saw a Camaro SS at the edge of the lot and picked that. The line to get out of the parking lot started where the luxury cars are parked. It probably took 25 minutes to get to the booth.
Any idea what SUVs were available? The crowd is probably due to the UCLA graduation
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
No, they will be Limited, Sport and XLT.
is that always or are there exceptions sometimes?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:21 am

Any idea what SUVs were available? The crowd is probably due to the UCLA graduation
Emerald Executive is mostly SUV's anyways. There were Nissan Armadas, Explorers, Expeditions, Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia, Dodge Durango...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:36 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
is that always or are there exceptions sometimes?
If you're looking to drive a Ford Explorer Platinum, I'd suggest trying a Ford dealer. You won't find one on the National lot.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:34 pm

anyone know what configuration is the Premium SUV? is it 2 seats in front, 3 in the middle and 3 in the back or 2-2-3?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by iridium
anyone know what configuration is the Premium SUV? is it 2 seats in front, 3 in the middle and 3 in the back or 2-2-3?

With the Durango and enclave it's 2-3-2. Haven't seen those 2 with captain chairs
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:42 am

ALAMO LCAR BMW 5 series

HI There!

I have a Luxury car reservation for August 14 Monday 3 p.m. (3 weeks). I booked with Alamo since I'm from Germany, it's much cheaper than National.

So i'ts my first rental car and i really want to drive a BMW 5 series... preferred German cars... a cadillac CT6 would be also nice...

Could someone elaborate on my chances of finding this cars in the lot on a Monday afternoon?

What else is there in the alamo luxury fleet @ LAX?

Thanks & Cheers!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iridium
According to the National site, the Premium SUV is the Suburban or similar, and it lists 8. Those would be configured as 2-3-3. Many might only seat seven, and would have captain chairs in the 2nd row. Here is a ride report from 2 years ago for the Suburban showing the 2-2-3 configuration.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...de-report.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.