Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Originally Posted by Stanley Topp
So got to Alamo this morning and was given the option of upgrading to Camaro SS for $700 more over 3 weeks which I thought was pretty good but based on the fact that we are doing 7,000km we picked one of the 4 eco boost mustangs. They all had high miles but are nice to drive and being the 'premium' version had a lot of creature comforts. There were also 3 v6 Camaro's.
Thanks for updating. We're the V6 Camaros the new generation 2016 models?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:53 pm

Hey mate, I believe they were the early 2016 not the newer face lift version. Nowhere near as nice inside as the Mustang
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Originally Posted by Stanley Topp
Hey mate, I believe they were the early 2016 not the newer face lift version. Nowhere near as nice inside as the Mustang
Thanks. Disappointing they were weren't the newest version - hoping to drive that in 3 weeks.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by AdMEL
Thanks for updating. We're the V6 Camaros the new generation 2016 models?
National and Alamo at LAX have a mix of both 2015 and 2016 V6 Camaros. As the mileage increases on the 2015s they are eventually replaced with new ones.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
National and Alamo at LAX have a mix of both 2015 and 2016 V6 Camaros. As the mileage increases on the 2015s they are eventually replaced with new ones.
Thanks. Does this include convertibles?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by wooward
Although I have found convertibles in ES, it is rare. I would book two reservations, 1 for ES and 1 for convertible. If you see a convertible in ES, then cancel the convertible reservation, else cancel the ES. No penalty for having two reservations and cancelling at site.
This seems like a good strategy to reserve two categories of a car - then see if your category is available in the aisle after which you cancel the (likely, higher priced) second reservation.

Has anyone run into trouble with this double booking plan?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
What are Friday evenings like at LAX for availability at either the Emerald Aisle or Emerald Executive selections? Is this when the cars are mostly gone? Or is this the time when they are mostly here - thanks to it being a business rental location?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:31 pm

We just finished our 4,995 Mile road trip across the US and after a few reservations I had about the comfort of the Mustang I cannot recommend it enough. the high mileage first vehicle we had developed a brake issue so we phoned ahead to Las Vegas from LA and they swapped the car no problems. Super comfortable and great on gas.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
What are Friday evenings like at LAX for availability at either the Emerald Aisle or Emerald Executive selections? Is this when the cars are mostly gone? Or is this the time when they are mostly here - thanks to it being a business rental location?
I arrived at 1-2am on a Saturday morning in July. LAX was out of cars. Luckily, I had an LCAR reservation, so they had put aside a Cadillac ATS for me.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:40 pm

Renting from LAX in November, What "Convertibles" are their in LAX currently? Are Alamo better than Avis for Convertible Hire?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:05 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
LAX has been great to me for the last month.

5/5 weeks = 5 Cadillac on mid-size / arriving Sunday Nights/Monday mornings.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Picked up a BMW 328i from ES Friday afternoon. Attendant said it being there was a "mistake" but we could take it anyway. Also had a Volvo V60. Not much else interesting; Chrysler 300, Kia Optima, Fusion ES, Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala, etc. I was tempted by the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab in the EA.

Originally Posted by LHRRB
Renting from LAX in November, What "Convertibles" are their in LAX currently?
Mustang convertible returned in front of us on Sunday.

Last edited by megalab; Oct 10, 2016 at 6:27 pm Reason: Add convertible answer
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by megalab
Picked up a BMW 328i from ES Friday afternoon. Attendant said it being there was a "mistake" but we could take it anyway. Also had a Volvo V60. Not much else interesting; Chrysler 300, Kia Optima, Fusion ES, Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala, etc. I was tempted by the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab in the EA.

Many Thanks holding for anything other than the Chrysler haha
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by megalab

Silvery Volvo? I rented it.

Funny. The BMW would have been nice. I didn't like anything on the Exec Aisle. Tons of Maximas. I don't like any of the Dodge products and I'm not in love with the new Fusion. Rented dozens of the older styles.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
EA today at about 11:30am:

Several Patriots, Cherokee, Trax, Juke and Rogue, and others in that category of SUVs. Also several miscellaneous minivans, old Impala, 2 new Impalas. I took the Altima with 14k on it, IIRC it was the only sedan that wasn't an Impala. When I was driving away someone was backing a Challenger into the EA.

Not an ES member but got a glimpse of it and it was a lot more appetizing. Camaro, 300, Tahoe/Suburban is what I remember seeing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.