Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by justheretogettips
A few months ago I rented a 2016 Dodge Durango with rear seat entertainment. It was at fll but I have seen them without rear seat entertainment before so it may have been an exception.
Originally Posted by SixAlpha
My company rents vans and SUV's by the truckload, and I've never seen one with a DVD player. That being said, at one point they kept a few in Los Angeles and Miami with DVD that were available by request, but there was a significant upcharge.
Thanks for the replys. I rented a few a months ago from IAH and the Executive Aisle had Town & Country's with the overhead DVD player. Was hoping for the same at LAX.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by SixAlpha
My company rents vans and SUV's by the truckload, and I've never seen one with a DVD player. That being said, at one point they kept a few in Los Angeles and Miami with DVD that were available by request, but there was a significant upcharge.
I've seen quite a number of Town & Country with them in the fleet, with the headphones in a box in the left hand side of the trunk. Not sure what vans your company rents.

Thanks for the replys. I rented a few a months ago from IAH and the Executive Aisle had Town & Country's with the overhead DVD player. Was hoping for the same at LAX.
I'd say your chances are fairly decent of getting one at LAX.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I've seen quite a number of Town & Country with them in the fleet, with the headphones in a box in the left hand side of the trunk. Not sure what vans your company rents .
I stand corrected. We're in a smaller market so maybe that's why I've never seen them.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I'd say your chances are fairly decent of getting one at LAX.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
This Sunday evening EA and ES were both full of usual-suspects, mostly ICAR/SCAR on EA and FCAR/IFAR on ES with nothing interesting of note other than one Tahoe LT on ES. I was on a PCAR res and, for the first time in the 3-years I've been at LAX at least quarterly, the Emerald Reserve sections were being used as bulk storage. I'm really surprised to see this given the amount of lower-level storage LAX has available here, but it was 9pm on a Sunday evening. My results below may be a big reason I'm so quick to let non-functioning ER slide (normally my biggest harping point about National stations).

I mostly-jokingly asked if I could just take the Ghibli in PS but was told it required an up-charge, as expected. There were plenty of LCAR and PFAR against the wall so I was given my choice of Mercedes CLA (blah), Audi A3 (double-blah), Cadillac SRX (meh), pick-your-color BMW 328s (would have taken most other days), a handful of Cadillac XTSs (would have taken second to the 328s), or an Infinity Q70 (yes, please!). The Q70 has been one of the absolute best rentals I've ever had, including vehicles with sticker prices $20-30k higher.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by mjly2008
Do any of the Minivans/SUVs in the Executive area have a built in DVD player. Last time we didn't see that any of the Sienna's or Caravans/Town & Countrys had any.

Thanks in advance.
The Town and Country does have a DVD player, the slot you put the disc in is behind the screen; if you press the Load button on the radio face, the screen will open so you can insert it.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
This Sunday evening EA and ES were both full of usual-suspects, mostly ICAR/SCAR on EA and FCAR/IFAR on ES with nothing interesting of note other than one Tahoe LT on ES. I was on a PCAR res and, for the first time in the 3-years I've been at LAX at least quarterly, the Emerald Reserve sections were being used as bulk storage. I'm really surprised to see this given the amount of lower-level storage LAX has available here, but it was 9pm on a Sunday evening. My results below may be a big reason I'm so quick to let non-functioning ER slide (normally my biggest harping point about National stations).

I mostly-jokingly asked if I could just take the Ghibli in PS but was told it required an up-charge, as expected. There were plenty of LCAR and PFAR against the wall so I was given my choice of Mercedes CLA (blah), Audi A3 (double-blah), Cadillac SRX (meh), pick-your-color BMW 328s (would have taken most other days), a handful of Cadillac XTSs (would have taken second to the 328s), or an Infinity Q70 (yes, please!). The Q70 has been one of the absolute best rentals I've ever had, including vehicles with sticker prices $20-30k higher.
Isn't Q70 just the new name for the M? Other than the big trucks where the high sticker comes from sheer size, what sedan in the 80K range would you actually put this car above? I've never really seen Infiniti's as really providing that much value.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Triggerhappy
Isn't Q70 just the new name for the M? Other than the big trucks where the high sticker comes from sheer size, what sedan in the 80K range would you actually put this car above? I've never really seen Infiniti's as really providing that much value.
The Q70 is the new name for the M37. I was referencing RENTALS I've had that I'd put the Q70 above and, indeed, was including the high-dollar SUVs I've had (Tahoe/Suburban LTZs, Escalade, Navigator, QX80). I'd say it offers a very solid value on a $31.50/day PCAR rate, and even on an LCAR res I'd take it over most anything else offered in the LCAR and GXAR category.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:13 am

Is there two much difference between a compact and an intermediate car at Alamo LAX?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: Executive Elite
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I'd say it offers a very solid value on a $31.50/day PCAR rate, and even on an LCAR res I'd take it over most anything else offered in the LCAR and GXAR category.
$31.50/day for PCAR? Your company deal is fantastic! It's $46.50/day for me.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:02 pm

The rate is $45.50/day for PCAR (without status), but the FCAR rate is $31.50/day which is what I pay on a PCAR res as Exec Elite. It's also the same price regardless of station, how far out you book, etc (other than once I've seen a higher rate in Manhattan). It's a "friends and family" rate for a Fortune 100 company I have a close friend working at... their "company business" rate is the same but with LDW. I'm sure the "friends and family" rate helps them drive up their rental numbers and keep both rates low.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:52 am

Hi folks, I am a new executive (thanks to Amex Plat), I am going to be coming in on a Friday night in June, does it make sense to pay extra for a convertible or do you think there is a chance to take aisle choice and get a convertible ?
Old May 13, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: Executive Elite
Originally Posted by seahawksunite
Hi folks, I am a new executive (thanks to Amex Plat), I am going to be coming in on a Friday night in June, does it make sense to pay extra for a convertible or do you think there is a chance to take aisle choice and get a convertible ?
Although I have found convertibles in ES, it is rare. I would book two reservations, 1 for ES and 1 for convertible. If you see a convertible in ES, then cancel the convertible reservation, else cancel the ES. No penalty for having two reservations and cancelling at site.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:06 am

hey,
someone can tell me what is the options for SFAR at LAX ? (and what is the best car in this category?)

we are 2 adults with 4 bags, 21 days , 2500 miles

thanks
Old May 18, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blabla2a
hey,
someone can tell me what is the options for SFAR at LAX ? (and what is the best car in this category?)

we are 2 adults with 4 bags, 21 days , 2500 miles

thanks
Grand Cherokee Limited is what you want to aim for. Most features and comfortable ride. This is different from the Jeep Cherokee FYI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.