Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:24 am

Thanks for the info. I have an executive card, so I'll be heading to that area to take my pick

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be a barren wasteland on a friday night, but sounds like that's not the case.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: hyatt, hilton, aa,
was here last week sat 1/18 @ 1pm. fully stocked mostly sedans altimas, camrys, challengers, and a few priuses as well as several chevy SUVs. ended up with the prius as i had a lot of driving during the week
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:45 pm

1/31/14 = Friday @ 10:00 p.m.

EA: Nissan Altimas, VW Jettas, Dodge Chargers, Toyota Corollas
EE: Well-stocked: SUV's; Ford Flex, Chevy Traverse, Jeep Compass
Sedans: Chrylser 300; Ford Fusion, Ford Taurus, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro...some of these premium/limited (leather, siriusXM, back-up cams, etc.)
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
I'm not headed out here until April, but being that I'm primarily an East Coast renter, anyone care to give their best guess whether a convertible is hanging out on the EA/ES in mid-April? Ordinarily I'd just chance it, but I've got someone to impress for once so I'll just pony up for the convertible if necessary.

Last edited by roymustang; Mar 3, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by roymustang
I'm not headed out here until April, but being that I'm primarily an East Coast renter, anyone care to give their best guess whether a convertible is hanging out on the EA/ES in mid-April? Ordinarily I'd just chance it, but I've got someone to impress for once so I'll just pony up for the convertible if necessary.
Highly Doubt it, Mid- April in So-Cal is great top down weather... That is UNLESS they have an over abundance of Chrysler 200 convertibles they want to move. Even if they did, who would want one.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
If you have to rent at LAX, just go with Silvercar. You won't go back to National afterwards. I recently had my first experience with Silvercar, and everything about it was amazing. Awesome customer service and the car was unbeatable. I'll be renting with them the next time I have to rent at LAX.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Highly Doubt it, Mid- April in So-Cal is great top down weather... That is UNLESS they have an over abundance of Chrysler 200 convertibles they want to move. Even if they did, who would want one.
That's what I was afraid I'd hear. Emerald Reserve it is this time, then!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Cars at LAX

I just dropped a q50 at lax that I rented one way from PSP at $66 per day with all taxes/fees included and full ldw/3rd party liability. At silvercar it would have been $140 for the same thing? but no one ways.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Last night (3/16), ES and EA were both full of the usual suspects. The only PCARs on ES was Maxima and Impala, along with quite a few Passat and a surprising number of big GM SUVs (didn't check trim). I had a PCAR res, and ER-PREM was empty, so the roaming lot manager gave my choice from ER-LUX... choices were a Q50, MXZ, and ATS 2.0, so I took the ATS.

I had both an ICAR and PCAR res (hoping to get a Lacross, Genesis, Azera, or Cadenza on ES), so after claiming my ATS (before heading to the booth) I canceled the ICAR res. At the booth, they handed me a rental agreement showing Class Reserved as PCAR, Class Rented as LCAR, and Class Paid as ICAR... no idea why they dropped my rate down to the ICAR rate. Did the booth agent just do me a favor, or is there some other explanation?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:36 pm

Is there possibly any minivan available in EA?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:16 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
At the booth, they handed me a rental agreement showing Class Reserved as PCAR, Class Rented as LCAR, and Class Paid as ICAR... no idea why they dropped my rate down to the ICAR rate. Did the booth agent just do me a favor, or is there some other explanation?
I believe that one of the resident National employees stated once that if an Elite receives a high mileage car (more than 10k maybe?) that the rate is to be automatically dropped to ICAR...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
I believe that one of the resident National employees stated once that if an Elite receives a high mileage car (more than 10k maybe?) that the rate is to be automatically dropped to ICAR...
If this is true, then national owes me some $$. My last rental had 14K on it and it was a 2014...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:06 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
20K, actually.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:27 pm

Will be in LAX mid-next week. What are chances of finding mini van or SUV that can accommodate 5 plus luggage at the EA around midnight? Tnx
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by havetimewilltravel
Will be in LAX mid-next week. What are chances of finding mini van or SUV that can accommodate 5 plus luggage at the EA around midnight? Tnx
I would judge that a risky plan, even at an airport location so large and busy as LAX. The promise of EA is a midsize car: Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla and such are so classified. At midnight one can't be sure they will be repopulating the Emerald Aisle and Executive Selection stocks in hopes of waiting a few minutes for the size vehicle you need.

Other than a minivan or full sized SUV (or even larger SUV), suitable 5 adults + luggage vehicles are, IMHO, a Chevy Impala or Ford Taurus (wide back seats and very capacious trucks). Those are classed as Premium vehicles, moving up Midsize, Standard, Full Size, Premium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.