Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, UA, AA, DL, Continental, Southwest RR, TripRewards, Marriott, HHonors
Cars at LAS

I am renting tomorrow from LAS and wanted to know wheat can I expect from there selection from anyone's experience? Also, Is it just like Denver where you just go pick your car and then drive out to the booth and checkout? Also, does anyone know how much do they hold on your credit card when charging it? Deposit? Any help is greatfully appreciated as I leave tomorrow to Vegas.

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
My last 2 cars from the Executive Selection at LAS were a Honda Accord and a Volvo S60. Also have had a Camry and a Malibu from the Emerald Aisle.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, UA, AA, DL, Continental, Southwest RR, TripRewards, Marriott, HHonors
Originally Posted by opus17
My last 2 cars from the Executive Selection at LAS were a Honda Accord and a Volvo S60. Also have had a Camry and a Malibu from the Emerald Aisle.
Have you seen any SUV's or minivans there? Such as Tahoe or suburban or ????
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Originally Posted by TRSTACIE
Have you seen any SUV's or minivans there? Such as Tahoe or suburban or ????
I'm sure they are there, but I ignore them.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:53 am

Location: A place where I have just enough status to want more, but can't afford it!
Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I just went to Las Vegas on Monday at around 5pm. The EA had virtually nothing except a colbalt and the Exec isle had a malibu, a cheap looking Hyundai and a Nissan Rouge. I didn't like any of the options so I upgraded to a Yukon with Leather, XM, 4WD etc. for $22 more. However, when I returned the car at 4am Tuesday, there were some nice looking Volvos, Cadillac SRXs, Highlanders and some other great choices in the Exec isle.

I found with Vegas it is hit-and-miss, with usually more hits. I've driven away in SRX's, CTS's, S80's and even a Tundra.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 11:40 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Hi.. so what type of cars can I expect to get at Vegas (non EA) - full size? Are you referring to National at the airport or at the hotels?
Old May 4, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platnum, Hilton Diamond, WN A-List + and CP
Was in LV in November and got a Magnum in Exec (at the airport). The rest of the lot was pretty bland...Impalas, Malibus, etc.
Old May 4, 2008, 8:07 pm

Too late to help out the OP, but I was there last week, Tues. - Fri., and took an SRX from the Executive section. That is the only section I scouted and noticed mostly mini-vans, SUVs, and 1 lone Dodge Magnum in the bunch.

For kaysquare, National car rental is only at the Las Vegas consolidated car rental facility, not at any of the hotels.
Old May 4, 2008, 8:09 pm

duplicate post
Old May 5, 2008, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Couple of weeks back they only had pick up trucks at the Executive Isle. I couldn't believe it and spoke with a manager that gave me a Volvo instead.
Old May 8, 2008, 3:32 pm

I just picked up a Chevy Equinox Sport with XM, leather... I had that same vehicle in Denver and really enjoyed it so I grabbed it again. My first choice at LAS was a loaded Volvo S40, but it smelled so bad of cigarette smoke that I left it. The rest of cars on EA were - Sebring, G6, minivans of various makes, a few new Highlanders, a Kia SUV and I think I spotted a Dodge Nitro/Jeep Liberty.

ES had about 8 Cadillac SRX, some new Malibus, Impalas, and one Nissan Maxima or Altima.

In all, not a bad selection, but I was the only one picking a car up at 6 a.m. I suspect it would clear out after more flights start coming in.
Old May 10, 2008, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

So I just returned from my trip. I arrived Apr 30 returned May 9. I arrived about 2pm on that Wed and there was NOTHING in the EA or ES except for minivans, just about anytype you could think of. There were 10-12 SRX Caddies in ES but I was looking for a premium in ES. After walking around for 15 min and spotting only a Infinti SUV and a Nissan Murano I took the Murano. Nice vehicle not to bad on gas and nice drive to Cali in it. But I have to say I was not the least impress with there ES and EA vehicles. I had seen WAY better vehicles to choose from in Denver. So theres my report. Anyone else in LAS recently......
Old May 11, 2008, 9:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Picked up last night (Sat around 9PM), ES was loaded with the usual Chev Impalas with a couple of Dodge Magnums some Nissan Altimas a few temporary plated Nissan Maximas as well as one Pontiac G8 and one Cadillac STS (which I took). We'll see what's around on Mon early afternoon when I exchange cars for rate reasons.
Old May 12, 2008, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
We'll see what's around on Mon early afternoon when I exchange cars for rate reasons.
Quite a difference - when I went to switch cars around 10:30 AM today - people just claimed the two most desirable on the ES (Pontiac G8 & Volvo S60). There were a few SUVs, Dodge Magnums, Chevrolet Impala and the 149 mile Toyota Camry that I took (which is fine but a bit of a come down from the Cadillac STS that I switched from).
Old May 13, 2008, 8:50 pm

Quick update I glanced at the ES & EA when I returned my car today (which wasn't billed correctly - so I'll have to call to get it corrected) Tues at 10 AM - ES had one Chev Impala & a few minivans - EA had "smallish" cars including a couple of PT Cruisers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.