Cars at LAS

Old May 3, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Got to LAS at ~noon on Thurs but the lot was totally barren as far as sedans, both in EA and regular lot (I'm not Exec so didn't look on that side). Basically no premium and no fullsize - a couple Spectras, Sonatas, and something like one Impala, Charger, PT Cruiser, and Buick. No Japanese cars. There were a bunch of minivans in the next row, though.

I went to the booth and was redirected three times to various people in the lot, which was very inconvenient, but asked for a Maxima and eventually got one about 20 minutes later, so no complaints.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
At noon today I perceived the inventory to be pretty weak for a high volume location:
I wonder if noon is a bad time at LAS. There were fewer cars available than I've ever seen at any National location... fewer even than my tiny regional airport.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:44 pm

Flew in Tuesday (May 4th) around 9:00pm. Executive Selection included 6 Altimas, 1 Kia something-or-other, and 1 Malibu. Not the best selection, but I have been meaning to try out the Malibu anyway, so took that one. Nice ride in all honesty.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:58 am

Any updates?

Any updates on premium cars? Any G8 GT? or nissan maxima at the alamo lot? Do alamo and national share their cars and does an alamo customer get to pick up from a national car line up as well? I will be going midweek next week. I have heard that you have a better chance of scoring a good car midweek like a thursday or a friday evening rather than on a saturday or a sunday. Is that true?

Last edited by gabrielsreign; May 11, 2009 at 10:00 am Reason: spellchecks
Old May 11, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gabrielsreign
Any updates on premium cars? Any G8 GT? or nissan maxima at the alamo lot? Do alamo and national share their cars and does an alamo customer get to pick up from a national car line up as well?
You have free range to pick from the Alamo or National rows - they share the same checkout. The attendant (if there is one free enough to care what you are doing) may try to direct you to either Alamo or National... I simply ignore him/her and just pick whatever class is "reasonable" to your booked class. I've also picked a car from Alamo, driven it towards the check-out booth, then saw a better car at the National aisle, and switched it before the booth.

Last time I was there, Premium was boring - full of Ford 500s (on both Alamo and National aisles). Be sure to check the ES line as well to see if there are any "similar" cars...
Old May 11, 2009, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Originally Posted by a330marcus
Last time I was there, Premium was boring - full of Ford 500s (on both Alamo and National aisles). Be sure to check the ES line as well to see if there are any "similar" cars...
You should only be checking the ES line if you are entitled to it..
Old May 18, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
I just finished a 3 day rental at LAS. I originally booked a midsize National EA car, but then cancelled and rebooked to a premium at alamo as it was cheaper. I got to the lot and didn't see an EA or ES area so I don't know what was there. The national and alamo cars are all together. In the premium area there were 2 chrysler 300 tourings, 3 base chargers, 3 avalon tourings, a taurus limited and 3 maximas, one of which I took.

This was at 10am on friday. I dropped off at 8pm sunday and there was nothing in premium that I could see. I only saw midsized and vans in their desinated rows.

I picked a great car. The maxima was ther perfect rental for the 3 adults in my party and on a small road trip to the hoover dam we got 28.2 mpg. But driving around the strip we got around 12, but thats alot of STOP and go with the air at full blast in 100 degree heat.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
As a note, complete cross fleeting is supposed to arrive at LAS in June. This means an increased mix of cars as the Enterprise fleet will be fully integrated.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:23 am

Any updates on the ES and EA selection at LAS? I pickup on Saturday, June 27 at 6:00pm. I am not excited about that time, but hope to get at least something of a choice.

Duds
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:10 am

Any Updates For LAS???

We will picking up in July.

doubled07
Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:28 am

Looks like cross-fleeting has arrived at LAS^. Picked up on 6/19 Friday night 11pm. ES was the usual mix of HHR's, Impalas, Malibus, and Chargers. There were also one or two Sebring convertibles. Told the guy in the lot I was looking for a minivan (on fullsize res). After I told him I was only renting for a couple of days, he directed me to the Alamo minivan area to pick one out.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
They've been cross-fleeting with Alamo at LAS for a while. Went in Feb 09 and the National ES area was virtually empty. All they had were compacts. The guy sent me to the Alamo area and told me to pick whatever I wanted. No issues at checkout or return.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Nothing but standard Full Sized on the ES last week. Drove an Impala again...
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Alamo and National have cross-fleeted since the old facility. I was referring to mixing National/Alamo with the Enterprise fleet which was supposed to start this summer. I will check on it next time I talk to my ERAC contact.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:37 pm

Oct 1 - 4

Don't want to clutter the tread so I'll try to make this short and to the point.

Never rented for National before but just found out I get Emerald Club free from work. So I signed-up for Emerald Club but I don't know how it really works.

Going to LAS Oct 1-4 for a hockey tournament. When I have done rentals in the pass from Hertz/Budget- I have gotten an SUV even though the rate was for Full size. Does that happen with Emerald Club? How does the picking your our car work?

Basically, if my rate is a midsize, what am I likely to be able to get? Could I get a full/SUV for the same rate?
If my rate is Full, could a really get an SUV for the same price?

It's a $20 difference between Mid to Full and $45 from Full to SUV if that helps.

Thanks.

-Aaron
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:45 pm

Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Empty lot today. I was directed to the full sized section where I grabbed a NEW '10 Impala.

Aaron - if there is a suv on emerald aisle, you can have it free. You should be ok as there is usually several small suvs on the aisle.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Aug 18, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.