Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
According to Motortrend the Q50 does 0-60 in 5.2 and the 328i does 0-60 in 5.6. So the bimmer is a little slower but it's not in the "no power" category. The bimmer also pulls .9G on the skidpad vs .87 in the Q50. The bimmer stops shorter as well.

MPG? Q50 20/29 MPG vs. 328i 24/36 MPG. Not sure what the BMW hate is all about.

BTW, the ATS 2.0T is just a hair SLOWER in all tests (acceleration, handling, braking) than the 328i and still gets worse mileage.

EDIT: was googling dyno test on the 328i, and it made 240HP and 257lb-ft of torque at the wheels, so it's definitely underrated! While another google found the ATS made 239HP at the wheels and 252lb-ft of torque. I know not all Dyno's are created equal so don't consider those numbers as anything close to gospel.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Jul 23, 2015 at 12:08 am
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Picked up in LAS on Monday night and thought I was renting from Hertz again....

They only had crap cars in the EA/EE. No active xm. Nothing special. At least Hertz's Malibu/Impala have xm.....

I have been happy at many other National locations..

Not my best National experience. ...

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Jul 25, 2015 at 1:48 pm
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
According to Motortrend the Q50 does 0-60 in 5.2 and the 328i does 0-60 in 5.6. So the bimmer is a little slower but it's not in the "no power" category. The bimmer also pulls .9G on the skidpad vs .87 in the Q50. The bimmer stops shorter as well.

MPG? Q50 20/29 MPG vs. 328i 24/36 MPG. Not sure what the BMW hate is all about.

BTW, the ATS 2.0T is just a hair SLOWER in all tests (acceleration, handling, braking) than the 328i and still gets worse mileage.

EDIT: was googling dyno test on the 328i, and it made 240HP and 257lb-ft of torque at the wheels, so it's definitely underrated! While another google found the ATS made 239HP at the wheels and 252lb-ft of torque. I know not all Dyno's are created equal so don't consider those numbers as anything close to gospel.
I'll just give a little anecdotal on the ATS. I've found myself going 90 mph on a busy highway in Indianapolis without even knowing I was speeding. It's got plenty of get up and go.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:07 pm

ES Friday night at about 8:30 PM: Malibu, Camry, Camry, Malibu, Sonata, Camry and so on. Two Camaros. Took the Camaro. It was a bit beat up for a National car (didn't notice substantial scratches until the next morning) but it was a good car.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:53 am

Has anyone been to LAS recently? First time using Executive Status and not sure what to expect. I live locally but am renting a car for a leisure trip.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by fumbalah
Has anyone been to LAS recently? First time using Executive Status and not sure what to expect. I live locally but am renting a car for a leisure trip.
6 weeks ago recent enough? Lots of Camrys, Sonatas and Malibus. A few Camaros. A Challenger. The usual.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
ES had a Grand Cherokee, a couple of Impalas and the usual suspects when I dropped off at 6AM this morning.

Last Wednesday morning, ES had a couple of Impalas, an Explorer Limited, and a GMC Terrain in addition to the usual sedans

For some reason the T1 shuttle bus to the airport had like 200 people waiting in line. Fortunately, I was going to T3 and had no line for the shuttle. What's going on with the T1 shuttle?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:41 am

Picked up 10/1 at 10AM.

Usual vehicles. Really boring selection. Mostly Camry's, Altima's, Sonata's with a couple of Ford Fusion's and a Chrysler 300 thrown in the mix. Not one SUV/Van/etc. Not even a couple so-called 'Premium' vehicles thrown in. They were over on the Alamo/National Premium section. FWIW, I would never rent a premium car at this location, you're just going to get the cars that don't fit on any of the aisles. And in my opinion, there isn't enough of a difference between a Buick Lacrosse and a Chrysler 300 to justify extra cost.

Luxury had a reasonable selection, a couple Infiniti SUV's, an Audi A4, BMW 328i and a loaded Chrysler 300. At least it wasn't what some of these companies are trying to pass off as luxury. Sorry, but while a Buick Lacrosse may be a nice car, it's definitely NOT luxury.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:47 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Um, Buick Lacrosses and Chrysler 300's are the quintessential PCAR. I think most of us would take either of those over many of the other choices in that class.

Walk over to Hertz and those are the "luxury" choices!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:45 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Arrived LAS yesterday, late evening...Exec Selection was lame, lame, lame. One mini van, a few Dodge Challengers and a host of Malibus and their Toyota/Kia equivalent...

I light-heartedly (jokingly, but hoping to elicit a response) said to the guy in a suit walking by, "Is this the best you've got for the Exec selection?!?!?" He said, "No! What are you looking for?" "An SUV or crossover or something bigger--but I don't want that mini van!"

"Well, follow me!" He took me to the midsize SUV aisle and said, take anything you want from here, or even grab one of those larger SUV if you want".

I'm in a new Ford Explorer with 4000 miles. Fully loaded--Nav and touch screen (just like my Lincoln at home), heated/cooled seats, leather, remote start, Sirius, front and rear camera, even the side view mirrors fold in).

I'm a National-er for life now.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:26 am

Picked up 10/2 FRI Evening.

EA: Three Fusions

Premium: Impala, 2016 Maxima, LaCrosse, Camaro, Challenger

I wanted to try the Maxima, but someone was in it, so we went with the LaCrosse. Actually a pretty nice car. Leather, huge sunroof, backup camera, sonar, smooth V6. They've come a long way from the Buick Century's of 10 years ago!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Arrived LAS yesterday, late evening...Exec Selection was lame, lame, lame. One mini van, a few Dodge Challengers and a host of Malibus and their Toyota/Kia equivalent...

I light-heartedly (jokingly, but hoping to elicit a response) said to the guy in a suit walking by, "Is this the best you've got for the Exec selection?!?!?" He said, "No! What are you looking for?" "An SUV or crossover or something bigger--but I don't want that mini van!"

"Well, follow me!" He took me to the midsize SUV aisle and said, take anything you want from here, or even grab one of those larger SUV if you want".

I'm in a new Ford Explorer with 4000 miles. Fully loaded--Nav and touch screen (just like my Lincoln at home), heated/cooled seats, leather, remote start, Sirius, front and rear camera, even the side view mirrors fold in).

I'm a National-er for life now.
Lucky you-
I went there 2 weeks ago (9/30) I went back in to the desk and asked the guy what the deal was with executive aisle, I told him at other airports, they allowed me to take a premium if I wanted since I was ES... this guy wouldn't budge, he said what we have is what we have... I ended up with an Altima...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:22 pm

Rented again 10/16 (FRI) PM: EA had 10-12 cars. Mostly Altimas, Camrys, Malibus, Chrysler 200 and the one Fusion Titanium that we went with. The "hood ajar" light was on, we opened and closed the hood several times to no avail. Luckily with so much traffic in LAS, even if the hood pops open, you are just sitting in traffic, so it really isn't a safety hazard. It quite explains how I put almost 6 gallons of gas in the car to drive 87 miles.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by ExManager
Picked up 10/2 FRI Evening.

EA: Three Fusions

Premium: Impala, 2016 Maxima, LaCrosse, Camaro, Challenger

I wanted to try the Maxima, but someone was in it, so we went with the LaCrosse. Actually a pretty nice car. Leather, huge sunroof, backup camera, sonar, smooth V6. They've come a long way from the Buick Century's of 10 years ago!
My personal opinion- Lacrosse is better than Maxima. No good luck at LAS but my previous rental at this location was about 8months ago.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Rented here twice this month. Both times I asked for something better and they drove down a fully loaded Explorer and Grand Cherokee no questions asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.