Cars at FLL

Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I just completed a rental at FLL. On Thursday around noontime, the EA and ES were both picked over. The mediocre selection of 10 vehicles included Malibus, Fusions a Jetta and a Santa Fe. The Jetta didn't have Satellite so I opted for the Santa Fe.

An interesting side note: Once I got settled into the Santa Fe, a new Grand Cherokee arrived and was parked on the ES. I thought about walking over to check it out. Within a couple of minutes though, the National Garage Agent hopped in the Grand Cherokee and backed it out of the ES and hid it on the back side of the Alamo SUV line.

At check-in, I mentioned this to the return agent just as an observation (not a complaint) to better understand my selection options as an Executive member. He and his colleague said that I can select any car from the National or Alamo areas as long as I am an Executive member. That would seem to hold true with my observations since the check-out agents have no means of knowing which aisle these cars are originally parked on. Good information to know for future rentals.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Friday 8/5 around10 pm ES was pretty well stocked with sedans no SUV or minivan. Several 2011 Chargers, Buick Lucernes, Mercury Grand Marquis, 1 Saab 9-3, 1 Buick Regal, 2 Volvo S40 (I took one), also a few Maximas

Last edited by peteropny; Aug 6, 2011 at 3:20 pm
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:47 pm

Executive Selection at FLL last week I noticed:

- Dodge Charger
- Chevy Impala
- Chevy Malibu
- Ford Mustang
- Chrysler 300
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:37 pm

ES at FLL 9/19

Lots of minivans, a nice Ford Flex, Lincoln Towncar or two, Camrys, a few other suvs, and a couple of Chrysler 200 convertibles.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
ES on October 3, 2011

2 Infiniti G37s (I took the AWD one)
2 Lincoln Towncars
1 Ford Explorer
1 Sebring Convertable
1 Dodge Durango
1 Ford Flex
1 Dodge Journey
Many Impalas
2 Camrys
A bunch of others I can't remember, but nothing special.

The only thing I noticed on the Emerald Aisle as I was pulling out was a 4 door Jeep Wrangler. I contemplated returning the Infiniti for it, but there is no where to store that hard top

Regarding the Infiniti, is Enterprise having more say in the vehicles lifespan as a rental? The G37 has 19500 miles, which is the most I have ever had on a rental with National, I rarely see 10000 and most of the cars I get usually have less than 3000 miles. I want to say they retire them at 20000. Either way, the G37 is a 2011, so it has had a rough year with almost 20000 miles on it...even if it was purchased in July '10.

Last edited by 91StealthES; Oct 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Just picked up about 2 hours ago. ES had 1 Malibu LTZ V6 that another cutomer grabbed as i was walking up and about 7 2011 Malibu LT's and 1 Altima. EA had 1 2012 altima with just over 700 miles that i took, having never driven one before. I had a fullsize reserved and the lady at the EA/ES area told me i could take anything, i asked if she could get me something else and she said no, but you are welcome to wait. The specialty area had 2 G37's and a Yukon.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: na
Originally Posted by SkiBum1229
Just picked up about 2 hours ago. ES had 1 Malibu LTZ V6 that another cutomer grabbed as i was walking up and about 7 2011 Malibu LT's and 1 Altima. EA had 1 2012 altima with just over 700 miles that i took, having never driven one before. I had a fullsize reserved and the lady at the EA/ES area told me i could take anything, i asked if she could get me something else and she said no, but you are welcome to wait. The specialty area had 2 G37's and a Yukon.
that location is very mean workers seriously they are pitbulls up there they dont even treat executive members fairly they put the most cheapest cars on the ES.like the g37 they have it in ES in miami and orlando and if is on specialty they would give it to you if you are a member.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:52 pm

I agree, the lady working the aisle seemed rude and didn't care that i wasn't thrilled with the selection. I did look online the day before my rental (as i always do for a possible better rate, but FLL was sold out when i entered the information)

The same day i picked up the altima, i returned an enclave. During the rental of the enclave the oilchange reminder came on and i told the girl when she asked about the rental and the service i had. She said is there anything i can do about the problem with the car. To me this isn't a problem, sometimes they may not even reset the computer. I told her no, but i wanted them to make note of it, maybe i should have asked for an upgrade or something. In any case, she was very friendly and efficient. When i returned the altima, the person was also very friendly.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:59 pm

I agree, the lady working the aisle seemed rude and didn't care that i wasn't thrilled with the selection. I did look online the day before my rental (as i always do for a possible better rate, but FLL was sold out when i entered the information)

The same day i picked up the altima, i returned an enclave. During the rental of the enclave the oilchange reminder came on and i told the girl when she asked about the rental and the service i had. She said is there anything i can do about the problem with the car. To me this isn't a problem, sometimes they may not even reset the computer. I told her no, but i wanted them to make note of it, maybe i should have asked for an upgrade or something. In any case, she was very friendly and efficient. When i returned the altima, the person was also very friendly.
next time you go to fll if you dont like anything that they have in the national aisle take anything that you like from alamo.ive done it before in the es aisle they only had gas eating trucks and i went to alamo premium aisle and took a brand new volvo xc 70 and went to the booth.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Last night was a disaster - nothing but a few giant SUVs in the aisle, no cars and just excuses: "everything is downstairs and needs to be washed and serviced". Hello! You know that dozens of people are arriving late evening with reservations, why aren't the cars cleaned and serviced and ready?

Waited 15 minutes for them to bring up a piece of crap Impala with 35k miles on it, which I refused in disgust. The supervisor made some snarky remark over the radio when the outside greeter told him an Executive Elite was requesting a car, which I did not appreciate.

After almost 40 minutes, they brought up a brand new Kia Optima which I took. Geez, it shouldn't be this difficult.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I just deleted a bunch of posts since they were escalating in terms of commentary on other members and their posts. Knock it off!!!

peteropny - mod - National
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Another epic fail at FLL. Monday 9pm arrival - a few SUVs and minivans, but no cars save for one very old beat up Impala that look mysteriously like the crapper they tried to pawn off on me the last time.

Same surely attitude when I asked about more cars - "Sir, we brought up LOTS of cars - look over there" - while pointing to an almost empty EA and ES with a few minivans and SUVS

I took a GMC Terrain - seems to ride OK with decent gas mileage, but the Sirius is already off with only 8k miles on the odometer.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:03 pm

In the investment world, we say 'the trend is your friend' - in the travel world, not so much, especially when the trend is a bad one.

Another epic - make that major-epic fail at FLL last night. No - and I mean no cars on either aisle or the entire National floor - nothing, nada, zip.

They brought up minivans and SUVs, one per waiting customer, and drove them to the Alamo side. They tried to get me to take a SUV or minivan, but I refused and held firm for what I reserved....30 minutes later, they brought me an almost new Dodge Charger (barf) after trying to pawn a Mazda CR7 on me that was dirtier inside than a restroom at Dennys.

The somewhat sympathetic attendent suggested I call the PBI location over the weekend or after Jan 2 to see if there was something else I could swap for.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 4:04 pm

Just picked up two hours ago. Everything was pretty empty including Alamo. I had an intermediate SUV reserved. Nothing in the suv area. EA had 1 2012 impala lt and 1 base rav4 that i refused. The agent said i could take the 2012 edge limited. I just missed a Mazda CX-7 turbo. Tons of cars in the return area, but disappointed once again. I highly recommend the PBI location over FLL any day.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:40 pm

hi

Just picked up two hours ago. Everything was pretty empty including Alamo. I had an intermediate SUV reserved. Nothing in the suv area. EA had 1 2012 impala lt and 1 base rav4 that i refused. The agent said i could take the 2012 edge limited. I just missed a Mazda CX-7 turbo. Tons of cars in the return area, but disappointed once again. I highly recommend the PBI location over FLL any day.
i will also reccomend MIA too.they been having really good selections lately and also they very friendly staff.if u see something that you like they will give it to you as an executive member...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.