Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:49 pm

Hey i will be arriving at fll late on a thursday night. I was wondering if maybe there would be an edge, cherokee, or grand cherokee in the executive section? This is my first time using national is there anything I should know after a very bad experience with hertz (a severe downgrade and the car had 40k miles)?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Aeroplan Victim, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, HHonors Diamond NEXUS/GE/TSAPre
Lots of "muscle cars", an Avalon, many Camrys, several Santa Fes, etc

Horrible experience at National FLL yesterday as an Executive Elite member. Arrived mid-day and denied several cars in spaces marked "Exective" due to "my class of reservation" (booked standard, aisle eligible) and "exceptional circumstance due to an excess of cars".

According to the branch manager, due to having too many cars both emerald and executive members were picking from the same "Executive" aisle. I chose a 2016 Explorer at the end of the aisle, told I could not take it. Went for the 328i that was parked in an executive stall, told I could not take it. Was given a litany of excuses including "you won't be covered in a collision on those cars" I have driven a 2016 Explorer on the same reservation class in the last 2 weeks, from the Executive Aisle. Our company is self insured.

Took a Fusion only to discover once parked out in the sun that the car had been smoked in. Disgusting.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:23 am

Worthy of a complaint to National if I ever saw one. Who exactly was telling you what you couldn't take; the greeter or the manager himself?

"Your not covered in a collision"...What a load of bs. Unless you personally laid out your insurance policy at the counter, how would they know. Sounds like they had too many cars and just were parking them where-ever they found space; granted that's not the customer problem. Did you push back at all? I would have sat in the car and called national wanting to know if they had made changes to the aisle program and why I as a EE, was being denied a car parked in a aisle spot with no upgrade/vip sign on it.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by w0rldtravlr

Horrible experience at National FLL yesterday as an Executive Elite member. Arrived mid-day and denied several cars in spaces marked "Exective" due to "my class of reservation" (booked standard, aisle eligible) and "exceptional circumstance due to an excess of cars".

According to the branch manager, due to having too many cars both emerald and executive members were picking from the same "Executive" aisle. I chose a 2016 Explorer at the end of the aisle, told I could not take it. Went for the 328i that was parked in an executive stall, told I could not take it. Was given a litany of excuses including "you won't be covered in a collision on those cars" I have driven a 2016 Explorer on the same reservation class in the last 2 weeks, from the Executive Aisle. Our company is self insured.

Took a Fusion only to discover once parked out in the sun that the car had been smoked in. Disgusting.
Were the doors of the cars locked and the keys held at the booth? Or the doors left open with visible keys - and if so, why didn't you just drive away. Either way it's still bad form - the cars should have been stored elsewhere and the Exec slots was the worse place to put them given the confusion and anger this obviously caused you and I'm sure countless other customers.

Keep in mind this station ALWAYS keeps real premium cars off the National side and leaves them at Alamo for tourist upsells - the chance of actually driving away in a BWM or Mercedes at FLL is about the same as winning the Powerball. Even true luxury cars are often kept away and you need to negotiate with the manager before hand to make sure something you want is kept aside for you.

Please file a customer complaint with the manager - their email address is on the business card stapled to your contract cover.

When at the station, did you deal with the actual manager or just the lane attendant? If the latter, can you describe them?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Aeroplan Victim, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, HHonors Diamond NEXUS/GE/TSAPre
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Were the doors of the cars locked and the keys held at the booth? Or the doors left open with visible keys - and if so, why didn't you just drive away. Either way it's still bad form - the cars should have been stored elsewhere and the Exec slots was the worse place to put them given the confusion and anger this obviously caused you and I'm sure countless other customers.

Keep in mind this station ALWAYS keeps real premium cars off the National side and leaves them at Alamo for tourist upsells - the chance of actually driving away in a BWM or Mercedes at FLL is about the same as winning the Powerball. Even true luxury cars are often kept away and you need to negotiate with the manager before hand to make sure something you want is kept aside for you.

Please file a customer complaint with the manager - their email address is on the business card stapled to your contract cover.

When at the station, did you deal with the actual manager or just the lane attendant? If the latter, can you describe them?
The SUV was unlocked, front windows down, no keys found (but keys in a tinted explorer are often tricky to find). The BMW was parked with windows down, keys on console however I had already been directed only to take specific cars when I was told about the BMW not being available. I spoke with the "Branch Manager" who provided further wrong info.

I had a followup with the Area Manager today who addressed many of the issues. I'll be back in FLL repeatedly over the next few months and hope to see some improvement. Having the Area Manager's contact now, I'll provide future feedback directly to her.

I swapped out my ashtray of a Fusion today and noticed the Aisle and Executive areas were much better delineated in terms of both selection and visibility.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:13 pm

Picked up early Monday Aug 24, grabbed a nice Volvo V60 wagon fairly loaded from ES. Was tucked into the corner as I walked out the doors....also nice selection of other cars including a camaro and mustang.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:04 pm

Picked up at FLL 9/14 around 11am, ES had plenty of decent cars to choose from, SUV's ect... Took a Jetta SE with the TSI engine.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:23 pm

Hey i will be arriving at fll late on a thursday night. I was wondering if maybe there would be an edge, cherokee, or grand cherokee in the executive section? This is my first time using national is there anything I should know after a very bad experience with hertz (a severe downgrade and the car had 40k miles)?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by w0rldtravlr

Interesting, I have taken the 328 the two times I saw it in the Executive aisle this summer parked next to the booth and never had any issues.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:29 pm

Picked up early Monday Aug 24, grabbed a nice Volvo V60 wagon fairly loaded from ES. Was tucked into the corner as I walked out the doors....also nice selection of other cars including a camaro and mustang.
Yes, youre welcome. I dropped it off on Monday @ 1am on a short one-way from PBI where I found it tucked away in the back of the Exec Aisle ^
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:38 pm

Im arriving here next thursday night (11pm). What can I expect from executive? My first time using National any tips would be kindly appreciated.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:19 pm

Anyone?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
I rarely see the three cars you are seeking at this time of year but I pick up usually late mornings on Mondays and drop off Thursday afternoons. SUV-type vehicles seem to be mostly Dodge Durango or Hyundai Santa Fe, if they have them. Suburbans and 4Runners occasionally. Should be plenty of minivans.

Since you are picking up after many people like me have left for the week, there may be more variety as returns and processing cycle through.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:00 pm

I didn't get a chance to see everything but here are the cars I saw at 10pm on 10/22.

Executive
1x Jeep Cherokee Latitude (With V6)
1x Dodge Journey
1x 2016 Hyundai Tucson with 1k miles and Sirius-- took
1x Fiat 500X
1x Chevrolet Camaro
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:11 pm

10/26 ~13:45

I do not even think they try to divert people to Emerald or Executive anymore. Terrible selection in Exec.

2 x Chevy Traverse
2 x Dodge Journey
1 x Chevy Camaro
2 x Ford F-150
several minivans

I ended up with a Jetta parked in the Exec row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.