Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Executive Status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Thumbs down Free Executive Status

After my wife and I each worked hard last year to get to Executive, the following came with my renewed Continental Platinum card:

Enjoy Instant Executive Status with National
Receive a fee waved Emerald Club Executive membership (a $50 value). Then, as a member, receive 100 bonus points per rental day. Offer expires February 28, 2009.

To enroll go to nationalcar.com/offer/COELITE08

So it looks like all our efforts were worth $50 each.

Last edited by Vulcan; Feb 16, 2008 at 3:51 pm
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Enjoy Instant Executive Status with National Receive a fee waved Emerald Club Executive membership (a $50 value)
I suspect at least that $50 valuation is a typo; $50 is the value that National quotes for complimentary Emerald Club membership offers. If it's *not* a typo, then I guess National values Executive status at $0

Do any other airline elites get Executive status for free?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 8:26 am
Suspended

Thats a great deal.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
The link cited is all about free Emerald Club membership, it doesn't say anything about EC Executive Aisle service. In fact, it does point out on one of the pages that it takes "12 to 24 rentals to move up to Executive".
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
The link cited is all about free Emerald Club membership, it doesn't say anything about EC Executive Aisle service. In fact, it does point out on one of the pages that it takes "12 to 24 rentals to move up to Executive".
Once you go to sign up, you need to input a special contract ID, then your OnePass number. I suspect that only OnePass numbers that are Platinum will receive Executive status. Plus the info supplied states " Executive members always pay for one car class less than reserved when you book a full size through Luxury car".
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:39 am

I just got my Continental Gold Elite renewal and received the same offer. When typing the URL in, make sure ".../COELITE08" is in caps. The remailing details you may need to get the offer are: CONTRACT#: 5002975. Source Code: 1902
Note, that although the benefit comes from Continental, you may earn miles on any airlines (not restricted to CO).

The term of Executive status ends 02/28/2010.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:35 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Same offer for silver.

Any way to use this for an existing emerald club membership?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:34 pm

I checked with Emerald Club and it seems you can use this for an existing membership. You have to follow the instructions from Continental, go the web site and re-enroll. It will detect that you are already a member and keep your same number. When you get to the end of the enrollment process it will show you as Executive with your original number.

While the promotion was meant for new members, the Emerald Club people say it should work for existing members as well. But they are not completely sure this "merge" will work. So you may have to keep an eye on your account to make sure it shows Executive.

My account is still at Executive until the end of this month so I couldn't tell whether the merge worked.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:04 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tomfromdc
I checked with Emerald Club and it seems you can use this for an existing membership. You have to follow the instructions from Continental, go the web site and re-enroll. It will detect that you are already a member and keep your same number. When you get to the end of the enrollment process it will show you as Executive with your original number.

While the promotion was meant for new members, the Emerald Club people say it should work for existing members as well. But they are not completely sure this "merge" will work. So you may have to keep an eye on your account to make sure it shows Executive.

My account is still at Executive until the end of this month so I couldn't tell whether the merge worked.
The merge worked fine for me. I followed the instructions from CO to enroll and the enrollment process found my existing details. It then took me to a page that said:

Emerald Club Enrollment
Job Change

Have you changed employers since you last rented with National Car Rental?

The employer on record with us: AMENITI OFFER

Yes, I have changed employers. Please update my enrolllment [sic] with the new employer.
No, I have not changed employers.

I checked Yes and it applied the upgraded status to my existing account which now shows:

Tier: EXECUTIVE
Expiration Date: 31-DEC-2037

A couple of things to note:
1. Existing FF numbers in your profile need to be added again. I used to credit to BA/NW earlier and these numbers disappeared from my profile.
2. The re-enrollment process asks you to create a new login and password. Just cancel at this step and use your existing login and password.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:21 am

I checked "no" in response to the change in employer question and it worked for me as well.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by zachary
I checked "no" in response to the change in employer question and it worked for me as well.
I checked "yes" - worked also.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Is there a "maybe" choice?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:32 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i'm gonna muddy the water and say that it also worked for me tho i did get a new number and had to create a new user name. exp is 2/28/2010
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
i'm gonna muddy the water and say that it also worked for me tho i did get a new number and had to create a new user name. exp is 2/28/2010
I got the same # answering, "yes."
Old Feb 22, 2008, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mbreuer
I got the same # answering, "yes."
i never got any of what the others are talking about-it just went thru (n.b. see who i fly in my profile )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.