Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAH (houston)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: AA
Dropped off a Journey at IAH on a rainy Friday afternoon after a week, selection seemed very limited with the normal Impalas, Sonatas, a pair of Camaros and a few minivans. I wanted something with lots of luggage space and the Journey was the best they had then and when returning it a week later.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Completely barren garage Monday night, 2/23. No cars in ES nor EA. Line of people waiting for next available car. Quite a difference from the nice selection on Monday mornings.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by flightrisk
Completely barren garage Monday night, 2/23. No cars in ES nor EA. Line of people waiting for next available car. Quite a difference from the nice selection on Monday mornings.
Please send in your complaint to customer service. I have been complaining for years now about this problem on Monday nights and have had regular dialog with the revolving GMs at this location where they apologize, promise improvements, and throw compensation at me but the problem remains.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
2PM on a drizzly Sunday afternoon, dropping off a Focus and had a quick perusal of the aisles... At least one of all off the following, probably mostly Altimas.

EA

Nissan Rogue
Chevy Trax
VW Beetle
Jeep Compass
Hyundai Elantra
Chevy Captiva

ES

Nissan Altima
Chevy Malibu
Nissan Titan
Chrysler 200
Nissan Rogue
The little GMC SUV whose name I always forget
Toyota RAV4
Ford Fusion
Dodge Journey
Dodge Charger
Mini Clubman
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Picked up from here on this Wednesday morning around 7.

EA:
Empty, nothing at all.

ES:
- 3 x Dodge Ram 1500 truck
- 1 x Chevy 2500 truck
- Pick your own minivan, around 6 pcs

Upsell:
- Golf GTI
- Camaro conv.

Full size suv row
1 surburban

Return lines were full of cars and suv's

Lot attendant apologized the selection upon my arrival, and offered to get me a 2015 Charger. I opted to hang out for a few minutes to see what would be showing up.

While I waited (around 15 min.) I saw the following being brought in.

Jeep Compass
Maxima
Camry
2x 2015 charger
Hyundai sedan(sonata?)
A midsize chevy SUV
2014 Camaro convertible with Virginia plates and 18000 miles, which i took.
Had hoped for a 2015 Mustang, maybe next time.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I am seeing a lot fewer new Chevys and more Hyundais. Still a smattering of Fords, Toyotas, 200s, and Nissans.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:48 am

We arrived Saturday afternoon looking for something big for a family of 5 with luggage. ES was very well stocked, with a variety of SUVs in different sizes (Rav4, CX-7, Journey, Explorer, 4Runner, even an Expedition) and they said I could take a minivan from the minivan section even though it wasn't in the ES. We opted for the Explorer as it was fully loaded vs. the base model Expedition.

There was also a wide variety of full size cars and a handful of Dodge Challengers in the ES. I didn't really explore the EA much.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:41 pm

Picked up this Thursday evening around 8:30.

Isles were full of cars, smaller SUV's and large pickup trucks.
At least 5 cameros (all fast back) some with a sun roof
Challenger
Charger
Malibu
Camry
Altima
Sonata
Jeep Compass
Quite a few Dodge ram 1500 some Hemi/ big horn
Silverado
Ford F150

No large sedans or large SUV's in ES/EA

The minivan and full size SUV emerald reserve isles, were full of SUVs and minivans.

The up sell area was full of cars too:
Jeep wrangler
2015 mustang fast back
Other cars which I dont remember

After checking out a few trucks in ES that all had a bad smell of smoke inside, I selected an almost new Ford F150 ecoboost. It's surprisingly fast and fuel efficient, being a v6.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
IAH was sold out on 6/2/15 at 5:00pm. They had signs everywhere stating no cars were available for walk-ups.

I had made my reservation a week ago and walked out to find the EA was barren except for a couple of Altimas. The ES had a few F150s and a 300.

Being in Texas, we took an F150.

The booth agent said fuel was free all week, and they were sold out, because of the floods.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:22 pm

Monday night around 8pm

EA:
Empty

ES:
6 sedans: Camry, Sonata and Altima
1 minivan

We were 5 people on the bus headed for the lot, so not much to pick from.
Decided to wait and see what would be pulling up.
After a minute a lot attendant approached me and asked me which type of car I would prefer, as she would then personally find a car at the return line for me.

I opted for a pickup truck, she went off and after a minute drove by in a black Silverado 2500 4x4. She brought it for cleaning and was back within ten minutes.

Very happy with the level of service, despite the poor selection at first.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by cha211
Monday night around 8pm

Very happy with the level of service, despite the poor selection at first.
I had sent in numerous complaints about the lack of cars on Monday nights and eventually got a lot of attention by the location manager and his staff on the issue. They are trying much harder now on that even though the selection is still slim, understandably. It's good there were even sedans available.

I now get personal emails from a manager on every rental after pick up asking if everything is OK.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd

I now get personal emails from a manager on every rental after pick up asking if everything is OK.
I got those emails when I rented from IAH a few times from March to May this year. But I didn't get one this time.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Picked up on Sunday, every spot in ES was full

2 Camaros, almost a dozen Journeys, a few Escapes, Cherokees, Patriots, and Fusion Titaniums. And the usual FCARs filling up the rest of the spots.

Saw Nissan 370Z in the PS area, was told upgrade charge was $30.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
Picked up on Sunday, every spot in ES was full
Saturday and Sunday are the sweet spot days. BTW, there are another row or two of cars behind the ES that are ready to go as well (when they have big supply) if you want more choices!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: UA MP
Need to pick up a car today...anyone know what EA looks like recently...
TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.