Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAH (houston)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Normally there is.

Another reference for ES: Was there last Monday. ES had about 15 minivans, 5 Impalas, and a Ford Escape SEL
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
About half the time I come in on a monday night, I have to get in line to wait for anything other than a minivan. I am getting pretty tired, especially as an EE, to have to wait in line for 10 minutes for whatever rolls up next.

Makes me wonder if I should go back to Hertz or Avis where I know a car will be sitting in a designated spot for me. Its not much advantage at National to get to pick your car when you don't get to pick at all nor get upgrades comensurate to your level.

Anyone else have trouble at major airport stations getting a normal car at certain times?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
The last time I went to IAH, National was sold out. Used Avis, am a President's Club member, and still didn't have a car waiting. Was lucky and a car pulled up while she was looking at the screen. During peak times, it can be tricky anywhere - and IAH seems to be a particularly busy place.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:24 am

Rented 9:00 PM 3/29:
Had an Alamo Full-Size Reservation. The attendant said take any sedan from the Emerald Aisle.
Impala LTs and LTZs in any color one could imagine, Mazda6, '13 Malibu LT, Camry SE, '13 Altimas. I took a bright red Impala LTZ with 460 miles.Few assorted SUVs such as a Captiva and maybe a Tucson but didn't pay much attention.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:46 pm

Reading this board made me neurvos about IAH, but picked up Friday about 4pm with no problems.

EA had a wide selection of:
Multiple small SUVs/Crossovers (handful of Patriots, Chevy, Santa Fe)
Two huge pickups (so big they had truck plates)
A few midsize cars

I wound up taking a Nissan Rogue which is TX-plated, a 2013 and had just under 2,700 miles on it. Two nitpicking things, the car was filthy on the outside and the gas was not full, but not a big deal.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I came into IAH, my regular place, on Memorial Day looking forward to a big selection hoping to pick out a nice car.

They had a huge stock and I was amazed I could not find anything above the normal stock in the Executive Aisle with no premiums dropped in. It used to be, at least at other locations, that they would sprinkle in a premium car from time to time, but I never see at IAH. In fact, I don't know if they even have that class! I do see some Lincoln MKZs around, kept over in the luxury pen and I see them in the returns, but some on.... getting sick of my special treat being an LTZ trim!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:22 am

As I mentioned earlier, when I took out my Rogue it has 6/8 a tank of gas, but I returned it full because trying to guess 6/8 when you have no idea how big the fuel tank is, yea, not easy.

However, the scanner on the return aisle asked if I wanted a refund for giving them extra gas, of course, I send yes and he sent me to the counter. They promptly took a nice sum off the bill for giving them extra fuel. Had no idea they would do that but super classy move.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:06 pm

Both the EA and ES were well stocked today with a selection of pick-ups, small SUVs, random sedans, and some higher end vehicles, as well. I actually had to stop for a second and debate between an S60 and a Genesis. The Genesis won out.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Never contributed to the National Car forum even though I rent from them just about every week (I've mainly been on the AA / UA forum only up until now), but discovered this today and wanted to add some of my knowledge.

At IAH the past couple of weeks. Executive Aisle still has a strong selection of SUVs (a ton of Suburbans, a few Jeeps, a few Explorers, a few Chevy Equinox / Captivas, etc.), sedans, a couple of muscle cars, and a few premium cars (had an XC60 - Volvo SUV last week, were a number of Lincoln and Volvo sedans as well). Also had a couple of pickup trucks
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: AC100K, Delta Plat, Nat EX EL, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NEXUS
I rent from here probably 15-20 times per year and it's really touch and go. Sometimes I'll have a good pick and others I need to wait for something to come in as the ES has 4 minivans or an impala.

I'll admit I'm kind of a Ford snob as I like the Sirius radio and their vehicles in general but for the most part they'll accommodate even if it means pulling a car from Alamo if I request it.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents, National EE, Hilton Gold, United MP
Was at IAH this week.

I'm on ES and was in a rush but I recall the following:

2x F-150
2x Ram 1500
1x Ram 2500 (it's huge... but it's texas)
1x Grand Cherokee
1x little Cherokee
3x Charger of whatever type
1x Challenger v6
1x Mustang v6
1x each of Escape, Journey, Town&C, Caravan, Terrain
1x Infiniti Q50 (which I had to do a double take on that, the dude in front of me snagged)
Bunch of misc fullsize fillers like Altimas and impalas new and old.

Next to the Q50 was a Ford Flex Limited monocolor silver, with 1600 miles, nav and sirius. Took that. The Flex is still my go-to car if I have a possibility of taking clients out.

Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by theandysho
Was at IAH this week.

I'm on ES and was in a rush but I recall the following:

2x F-150
2x Ram 1500
1x Ram 2500 (it's huge... but it's texas)
1x Grand Cherokee
1x little Cherokee
3x Charger of whatever type
1x Challenger v6
1x Mustang v6
1x each of Escape, Journey, Town&C, Caravan, Terrain
1x Infiniti Q50 (which I had to do a double take on that, the dude in front of me snagged)
Bunch of misc fullsize fillers like Altimas and impalas new and old.

Next to the Q50 was a Ford Flex Limited monocolor silver, with 1600 miles, nav and sirius. Took that. The Flex is still my go-to car if I have a possibility of taking clients out.

Haha, little Cherokee, nice.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Flying into IAH in early June, and I'm wondering what they have for a Luxury/Convertable reservation. Anyone got some recent experience?
Old May 1, 2014, 10:07 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Thursday 6PM

ES
Several Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Pickups
Several 2014 Malibu LTZ's
2X Hyundai Sonata
1X Ford Explorer Limited
1X Ford Mustang hard top
1X Dodge Challenger

Upgrade section
2X Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1X Buick Enclave
1X 2015 Tahoe

Luxury
2X Infiniti Q50
1X ATS 2.0L
1X MKZ
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:50 pm

Picked up a 2015 Yukon with 3 miles on it from the exec selection 10 days ago. And I drove it for 1,700 miles and returned it to DFW so I'm sure they hate me at IAH now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.