Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MIA (Int'l Airport Location)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:11 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by powermax
I made a reservation with Alamo in Miami for a convertible. What models should I expect besides the 200s?

Thx
I'm not sure that this location is a joint Alamo / National one (I think it is). National's convertibles tend to be the Chrysler 200 with some Ford Mustangs thrown into the mix (that's the "sample" convertible on the website now - but that doesn't mean anything really).

Also, I deleted your virtually identical post in the FAQs thread since this is a better thread and it's not really applicable in that thread.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:08 pm

Got a nice cts v for 200 per week. They also have the wagon and the 4 door coupe.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by nitenrz
Got a nice cts v for 200 per week. They also have the wagon and the 4 door coupe.
are you kidding me, get out of here! why couldn't these cars come up north?!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:18 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by nitenrz
Yeah, I'm calling shenanigans. Pics or it didn't happen.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Yeah, I'm calling shenanigans. Pics or it didn't happen.
Not necessarily; peteropny reported renting a Caddy CTS-wagon a few months back in PHL.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Not necessarily; peteropny reported renting a Caddy CTS-wagon a few months back in PHL.
Wasn't a V though - I would think there are some CTS coupes (non-V) floating around too.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 5:33 pm

This location is so hit-or-miss. On my last two rentals there were plenty of Altimas. This friday EA had a choice of silver Impala, black Impala or red Impala. Oh yeah, and a Santa Fe or two, one of which I grabbed.

Seriously I felt like I was at a Chevy dealer. Not sure if photos are appreciated on this thread; maybe I'll upload to photobucket and add a link.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt
This location is so hit-or-miss. On my last two rentals there were plenty of Altimas. This friday EA had a choice of silver Impala, black Impala or red Impala. Oh yeah, and a Santa Fe or two, one of which I grabbed.

Seriously I felt like I was at a Chevy dealer. Not sure if photos are appreciated on this thread; maybe I'll upload to photobucket and add a link.
Photos are always appreciated!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:57 pm

Photos are always appreciated!
OK, here goes:

Impalas

Impalas

And more Impalas

There were actually another three, but the photo was too blurry. Next time I'll dig out the real camera instead of using the phone.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:46 pm

OK, here goes:

Impalas

Impalas

And more Impalas

There were actually another three, but the photo was too blurry. Next time I'll dig out the real camera instead of using the phone.
Thx for pictures! Looks like the 2nd Impala on the left has a moonroof?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: na
HEY

Thx for pictures! Looks like the 2nd Impala on the left has a moonroof?
if you only saw all impalas on the ea aisle that night you should of spoken with an agent there.they are a very nice staff in that location.you could of ask for something specific like any car you like abd they will check in the back or they tell you to grab one from alamo that you like.so next time you see tons of clunker impalas ask an agent to get you something.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by agero2k5
if you only saw all impalas on the ea aisle that night you should of spoken with an agent there.they are a very nice staff in that location.
Thanks for the suggestion. This was a really short rental, so it was mostly just good for a laugh. But I'll try that next time if necessary
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: na
hi

Thanks for the suggestion. This was a really short rental, so it was mostly just good for a laugh. But I'll try that next time if necessary
no problem anytime.when you go to miami again and if u see those ugly cheap impalas ask an agent they have tons of altimas and mazda 6 and cx 7 and jettas available in that location and fully loaded malibus you can ask them for any of those and they will give it to you.im a executive elite member and if i see all trucks or impalas in my row i always ask for what i want and they give it to me.so next time dont hesitate the staff at mia are very friendly.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:55 pm

Went to get a convertible at MIA they only had a few OLD Sebrings and a PT cruiser convertible at the isle. Walked right by the cars towards the exit looking for an agent when I saw a whole bunch of mustangs convertible with no key inside, they were parked on the side close to the exit... I asked one of the alamo agents if it was ok if I take one of those cars, she said "if the keys are inside you can take it" then I checked one by one 3 had no keys in it and the last one had it so I just took it. I was very dissapointed when I saw the old sebrings and a PT cruiser, if those were the only options I was going to cancell my reservation.

Last edited by powermax; Dec 23, 2011 at 6:03 am
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:08 pm

fixed.

Last edited by PKCorey; Dec 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.