Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MIA (Int'l Airport Location)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
IMHO, that's fine if you have a backup reservation, as I would expect little chance of a 7-passenger vehicle sitting on EA at any Florida location at such a peak time. (Exec Selection might be a little more successful.)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:19 pm

Sunday around 9am
ES:
Mainly sedans, including a number of Impala's, several of which were LTZ, but at least one of which was an Impala Limited
One or two minivans
Didn't see a single suv type on the ES aisle.

Kudos to the MIA location for their cruise port shuttle. Worked great both ways for us (we've had enough problems in FLL going from the port to the airport via the shuttle that we don't bother anymore, although FLL to port works well).
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Exec. Plat, Marriott Plat. Premiere, National Exec. Elite
How is the luxury selection in MIA lately? I have a reservation in a few weeks. Thank you!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by piper28
Sunday around 9am
ES:
Mainly sedans, including a number of Impala's, several of which were LTZ, but at least one of which was an Impala Limited
One or two minivans
Didn't see a single suv type on the ES aisle.

Kudos to the MIA location for their cruise port shuttle. Worked great both ways for us (we've had enough problems in FLL going from the port to the airport via the shuttle that we don't bother anymore, although FLL to port works well).
National MIA has a cruise port shuttle? I specifically e-mailed national customer service about this and they responded that there is no such thing.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Triggerhappy
National MIA has a cruise port shuttle? I specifically e-mailed national customer service about this and they responded that there is no such thing.
Unless they've cancelled it in the last couple months, they do, and I'd be surprised if they've dropped it. It's shared between National and Alamo. The return people can point you in the proper direction to catch it.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:38 pm

It's too late now, was there in January too. But we were renting post-cruise so I wasn't about to trek to the rental facility for a potential shuttle with 2 kids when National / Alamo's (both) CSR's said there's no such thing. Pretty annoyed at wasting $60 now. :P
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:11 am

I am going on holidays in August, I am a Emerald executive member... What if I can't find anything I like in the Aisle?
Going with my wife and 2 kids.... I am not a big fan of minivans ... I would like more a mustang or a premium car ... Or even a nice SUV ...
I will reach MIA arround 4-5 PM ....
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Fila79
I am going on holidays in August, I am a Emerald executive member... What if I can't find anything I like in the Aisle?
Going with my wife and 2 kids.... I am not a big fan of minivans ... I would like more a mustang or a premium car ... Or even a nice SUV ...
I will reach MIA arround 4-5 PM ....
After our cruise in January at around 10am on a Sunday we got into a Durango Limited. Fit all our luggage and stroller no problem. They had a Infinity QX80 on a $100/day upcharge which I told them I'd take for $50. They agreed initially but then found out I was going 1 day one-way out so that ended quickly. Other SUV notables at that time were a few Santa Fe's and Kia's. I didn't look at sedan options as I had way too much luggage and 2 kids.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:00 pm

A quick note....not sure if it affects us?

The line between Alamo and National seems to get a little more blurry every time I visit. Last two times I have dropped the car I was checked out by Alamo employees, even during office hours. The exits are now unmarked, as well, Alamo/National clients using the same.

Not sure how that affects us but I have seen A LOT more cars now over the last few months. There were instances when the Executive Aisle was near empty but that's not longer happening. And I have visited at many different hours. Requesting a specific car you want may be a tad easier now if they are not horribly swamped.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:31 pm

I'm arriving in Mid-July at 18:30 on a Friday evening. Expecting to be in car lot around 20:00. I'm National Executive and so is my wife, we are travelling with in total 6 persons. To be on the safe side, I made two reservations for Mid-size so we will always be good with 2 cars (quite some luggage). However, what are my chances on getting a 6-person SUV at that time, so we can drop the 2nd reservation? I'm aware that my chances are huge to get a minivan, but was hoping on full-size SUV like Tahoe, Expedition, Yukon etc. Suburban would be a dream, but not counting on that. Otherwise I should have reserved it... thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Tuesday, 7/19 at 9:00AM

Emerald Aisle: Nothing.
Executive Selection: Nothing.
SUVs: Dodge Journey and Chrysler Town and Country
Luxury: BMW 5-series for $75/day upgrade

There was a line of about 5 customers waiting on vehicles. I asked the station manager if there was a way I could get an SUV or the BMW due to my Executive Elite status and my brief rental duration. He said no to the SUVs and said the BMW could be done for a $70/day fee. No dice.

By the time I returned to the line, the first vehicle brought up was a Hyundai Elantra. The customer in front of me took it.

Next up was a Chevy Camaro. We had a party of 3 so we passed.

Lastly, a Chevy Malibu was given to us. 21k miles, broken passenger seat, some trash in the door panel. At least it had leather seats?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I would email National customer service. Maybe they will give you a free day against your reservation.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by seawolf
I would email National customer service. Maybe they will give you a free day against your reservation.
Got a $25 coupon. That's all they could do. Local agent said he'd give it to me after he "verified the seat didn't work when the vehicle was last turned in."

I said "look, I've got a plane to catch. I didn't break it. The seat was busted when I picked it up but you had zero other vehicles available to rent."

He hemmed and hawed and said "well I'm not supposed to do this, but just take the coupon."
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:10 am

Hi !!!

In the next 2 weeks I will be in Orlando and Miami, I would like to know what can I expect to find in the executive aisle?

Thank you
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: UA, HH
Question about MIA location - they don't list Convertible as an option - are they all in the Isle? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.