Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:58 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
You booked a luxury, which is not a car you'll find on the Emerald Aisle or in the Executive Selection (typically). Counter service means you will go to the counter and allow you to select your car from the Luxury "Emerald Reserve" section, which is a fancy way of saying where they park all the luxury cars. I've never been to OGG but they may actually assign you one, depending on how large of a selection they have. If for some reason you don't like what they have/assign you in Luxury, you are free to select from the Emerald Aisle or Executive Selection (if you're an Emerald Club member) and then have the rate adjusted down.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Jeepmaster
I'm new to National and never been to this location OGG. It's a little confusing about the Emerald Club/Aisle/Reserved service. I booked a luxury car using my Emerald club membership for April 2013. On the reservation it said "Level of service Emerald Reserved", but later on when the sent me the email confirmation, it said "Level of service Counter" Does that mean I go line up at the counter?
Another thing is I wanted to get the CTS, but some posts said they don't have CTS in this location. Any tips on this location would be greatly appreciated.
There was a red CTS in the inventory when I was there in 2011... not sure about now.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by mobil11030
There was a red CTS in the inventory when I was there in 2011... not sure about now.
Same here...was offered a CTS or Lincoln MKS in early 2011 (I took the latter).

Last time I was there (summer 2012), I was really disappointed by the selection. Most of the fleet looked well-worn.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the help. I do hope they have the cts when I get there. What other luxury cars/suv do they have in the lot...MKX? Anybody been there recently.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:46 pm

January 19, 2013

Exec:
-10x Chevy Impala
- 3x 2013 Chevy Impala
- 2x Chevy Captiva (Saturm Vue)
- 4x Dodge Grand Caravan
- 1x Dodge Challenger
- 2x Dodge Charger
- 3x Hyundai Sonata
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Jeepmaster
Thanks everyone for the help. I do hope they have the cts when I get there. What other luxury cars/suv do they have in the lot...MKX? Anybody been there recently.
Hehe... wouldn't be surprised if it was the same CTS - well worn and high miled.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:31 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Jan 31, 2013:

Emerald Aisle:
Chevy Impala
Mazda S6
Chrysler 200

Row behind the Emerald Aisle:
Ford Mustang Convertible
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (2)
Chrysler 200 Convertible
Dodge Challenger

Now, this being my first time to OGG, I was quite pleasantly surprised to see all of the nice cars on the second row of the EA. No, couldn't be. Looked up from my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - no sign. Hmm, must be. A bit confusing why the couple next to us kept going on and on about needing a 4WD when there was another Jeep next to ours. I commented on how nice the selection was to the attendant at the gate.

Of course, then it dawned on me that the Jeep I'd taken was NOT from the EA, but from the row behind it, which was probably Premium or something. I asked the attendant if this car was on the Aisle:

"No, but it's ok." ^

We put the Jeep to good use doing the complete loop of the Road to Hana. :-:
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by dstan
Jan 31, 2013:

Emerald Aisle:
Chevy Impala
Mazda S6
Chrysler 200

Row behind the Emerald Aisle:
Ford Mustang Convertible
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (2)
Chrysler 200 Convertible
Dodge Challenger

Now, this being my first time to OGG, I was quite pleasantly surprised to see all of the nice cars on the second row of the EA. No, couldn't be. Looked up from my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - no sign. Hmm, must be. A bit confusing why the couple next to us kept going on and on about needing a 4WD when there was another Jeep next to ours. I commented on how nice the selection was to the attendant at the gate.

Of course, then it dawned on me that the Jeep I'd taken was NOT from the EA, but from the row behind it, which was probably Premium or something. I asked the attendant if this car was on the Aisle:

"No, but it's ok." ^

We put the Jeep to good use doing the complete loop of the Road to Hana. :-:
Sounds like you got one from the specialty section. Did they charge you more? Did you happen to see what was on the ES?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:01 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Sounds like you got one from the specialty section. Did they charge you more? Did you happen to see what was on the ES?
Nope, and I was worried about it after driving away, but the attendant had written the price on the bottom of the rental hang tag, and I was, indeed, charged that price upon return. It was about $1 more than my original reservation, apparently due to a vehicle weight charge, but that's it.

Sorry, didn't see what was on the ES - that's the very first row, right?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Newbie Question

I don't use the Emerald Club very often. Usually when I do it is easy to figure out where to go!

I am reading through these postings and am now confused about how I use this service at OGG.

We have reserved a full size..I have basic Emerald Club service.

My reservation says the following:

Your level of service is Emerald Reserve. Please proceed directly to the rental lot and the car class reserved to choose your vehicle.

So do I head over to "Emerald Aisle" and make my choice? Or do I just go over and pick any full size and skip the counter?

Thanks for any assistance with this.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:58 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
The "Emerald Reserve" is the section of cars of a given class from which those with a class-specific reservation must take. If you are an Emerald Club member, however, full size reservation (really midsize) enables you to use the Emerald Aisle. Did you make the National reservation through National or through a third party? It should say Aisle service if your profile information was attached to the reservation.

So, to answer your question: you can take from the full size emerald reserve section. If you see something you like in your reserved full size class on the EA then I suppose you can always ask, but you are not supposed to take from EA (or ES) unless it says so.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by dwbf11
The "Emerald Reserve" is the section of cars of a given class from which those with a class-specific reservation must take. If you are an Emerald Club member, however, full size reservation (really midsize) enables you to use the Emerald Aisle. Did you make the National reservation through National or through a third party? It should say Aisle service if your profile information was attached to the reservation.

I think I figured it out. When I rented a full size it put me under "Emerald Reserve". When I changed it over to a mid size it showed me as being "Emerald Aisle". As long as this gives us a selection of full size I am happy. I didn't know there was even Emerald Aisle service at OGG till I read this forum. On the National page it does not show anything. It does show as being available on Lihue, our next stop.

The mid size vs full size only saves me $10 but I am happy as long as we have a decent size vehicle. Sounds like we should be ok based on what others have posted here.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:53 pm

If you are only regular Emerald and book midsize you are NOT guaranteed a selection of full size vehicles. Chances are you could wind up with an Altima, Malibu, or Impala, but you could be stuck with your choice of Avenger or 200.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:29 am

i remember seeing a fullsize section though, next to midsize and premium.
it was a bunch of impalas.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: SPG - Gold Marriott - Silver Hyatt - Platinum HHonors - Gold
Wranglers on Executive Aisle??

Hi everybody,

Just curious if anyone has seen any Wranglers on the Executive Aisle as of late? Heading to Maui & Kauai for the BF's 30th bday, the entire trip is a surprise therefore all out of my own pocketbook (ouch).

Have a Wrangler reserved with Budget for 3 days on Maui and on Kauai for 2 days, also have a EA reservation at each location for FAR LESS than the Wrangler rate. Not sure if I should cancel the Wrangler rez's and hope for luck on the EA or just suck it up and add to the bill and guarantee a Wrangler for both islands.

Any advice would be awesome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.