Cars at AUS

Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Arrived yesterday (Friday at 1845) and the selection was quite pathetic. Maybe 15 cars on the entire property. One minivan, no SUVs, one Challenger, a couple other nondescript imports. Tons of cars waiting to be turned around.

And then a Jeep Grand Cherokee was brought up. Perfect as that is exactly what the DW wanted. Sirius worked. 8k miles.

Victory from the jaws of defeat.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Friday night 9:30pm, EA/ES had virtually no upgrades but lots of vehicles. All sedans exept for two Kia Sportages and a Town & Country. I managed to find the lone 300 (PXAR, so I guess it's a Limited), and there might have been a Maxima.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
I rented once in mid of May - Got there a few steps behind a gentleman, who picked an Infinity FX350 from Exec Select. There was 1 Nissan Murano but it smelled badly when I turned engine on, as someone smoked inside. Right before I drove it out of the parking lot, a Buick Enclave was pulled in. Made a switch, enjoyed ride but paid extra for gas...
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Arrived around 3PM 11/2/13. Narrowly missed a Toyota 4Runner in Executive selection. Took a 2014 Dodge Journey (nothing too special about it but it worked for me, my main requirements are a power adjustable seat and iPhone connection) with 1500 miles on it. A Dodge Durango with leather and most of the goodies pulled up while I was looking around, but I didn't want something quite that big for this trip (need to put about 200-250 miles on the car and don't want to pay that gas bill!). Two full-size pickups (a Chevy Silverado and a Dodge Ram), a couple of Equinoxes, most of the rest was sedans. There was someone pulling out of EA with a Challenger (I think, some old-style inspried 2 door sports car anyway), and another decent SUV in EA.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Arrived around 3PM 11/2/13. Narrowly missed a Toyota 4Runner in Executive selection. Took a 2014 Dodge Journey (nothing too special about it but it worked for me, my main requirements are a power adjustable seat and iPhone connection) with 1500 miles on it. A Dodge Durango with leather and most of the goodies pulled up while I was looking around, but I didn't want something quite that big for this trip (need to put about 200-250 miles on the car and don't want to pay that gas bill!). Two full-size pickups (a Chevy Silverado and a Dodge Ram), a couple of Equinoxes, most of the rest was sedans. There was someone pulling out of EA with a Challenger (I think, some old-style inspried 2 door sports car anyway), and another decent SUV in EA.

You may have also missed the Fiat 500L I dropped off (got off aisle). There was a 300C in the Executive area along with hyundai sonata hybrid.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
very SUV heavy from formula 1 race return
8 - suburban / Yukon xl Brand new snagged one with 2 miles on it
2- town & country's
1 impala classic (emerald)
3 little Mazda crossovers
1 charged came up but didnt even have time to get backed in to a spot

Manager said all sold out tomorrow so they pulled everything up before the holiday to hold then over this week
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:21 am

What is the chance of getting Dodge Charger or Challenger?

I booked full size for 2 weeks in April and wouldn't mind trying local upgrade to Challenger.
Just to compare with my previous experiences with Mustang and Camaro.

Charger will do too.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Geogregor
What is the chance of getting Dodge Charger or Challenger?

I booked full size for 2 weeks in April and wouldn't mind trying local upgrade to Challenger.
Just to compare with my previous experiences with Mustang and Camaro.

Charger will do too.
Charger is a fullsize so if one is around you'd be able to get it. Challenger should be a standard sports car, so it's possible if they don't have it reserved.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Charger is a fullsize so if one is around you'd be able to get it. Challenger should be a standard sports car, so it's possible if they don't have it reserved.
But how about any recent experience with their Austin location.

Do they usually have many Chargers or is it more of a rarity?
How about Challenger?
I'll be arriving about 5pm, don't know how mych choice they might have in the afternoons.

I rented cars many times in the US and usually found much fewer Dodges than other makes in rental companies.
I found getting Mustang upgrade fairly easy (with Budget and Hertz) but never had a chance to upgrade to Challenger yet.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A Charger is not a rarity in the U.S. National locations I visit.

National has a much different fleet mix than Hertz. If you're arguing that Dodges are rare in U.S. rental fleets because you haven't seen many with Hertz & Budget, that experience just isn't representative.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
A Charger is not a rarity in the U.S. National locations I visit.

National has a much different fleet mix than Hertz. If you're arguing that Dodges are rare in U.S. rental fleets because you haven't seen many with Hertz & Budget, that experience just isn't representative.
I was more asking question that stating the fact.
Good to know that National have more Chargers than Budget or Hertz.

BTW, is there any rule what brand particular rental company prefers?
Do, let say, National have special deal with one of the car manufacturers and Budget with other?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:21 pm

Hello,
As my trip is approaching I wonder if anyone had recent experiences in National at AUS.
How is their fleet looking? Anything fun to drive?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Any recent update at AUS? Planning a weekend trip next week.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, National Executive Elite
Suburban/Yukon XLs available in Austin?

I have a trip August 10th and have a Tahoe reserved, would prefer a Suburban.

What are my chances of getting there and a Suburban is available? 2015 would be really nice!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Originally Posted by JWAustinVTX
Suburban/Yukon XLs available in Austin?

I have a trip August 10th and have a Tahoe reserved, would prefer a Suburban.

What are my chances of getting there and a Suburban is available? 2015 would be really nice!
Was just there earlier this week and it's a 99% chance there'll be one. Numerous ones in the return line. Most are LT's with 20" upgrades

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.