Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at GEG (Spokane, WA)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I wouldn't cancel the reservation. I would just call the local number and talk to someone at the desk. It might take a few calls, but hopefully you can get through. I would tell them you have not yet made a reservation (so don't give them any details about you) and just say you wanted to know if they will upgrade you as an EC member. They will probably let you know how much they would charge, or if they will give it to you for free.

You can then take that info and compare it with your price for a premium that you have. Keep in mind, the price they quote will be before taxes.

Honestly, I would guess you will be better off just sticking with your premium reservation, as this way you know you have it and they won't run out and have no options when you arrive.

Good luck!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:29 pm

Thanks again. I'm holding on to both reservations for now, I'm going to keep eying the prices over the next few weeks but I doubt I'll be able to get the base rate much lower than the $44/day I have no for the premium. Maybe I'll find a better coupon that works towards a premium, I wish the free weekend day coupons did.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:24 pm

Anyone been there within the past week or so? If so how was it? I leave next Thursday, fingers crossed I'll get something good on my PCAR reservation.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:30 pm

Figured I'd update. My reservation went flawlessly, ended up delayed flying out of MSP by an hour so didn't get to GEG until around 10pm local time.

There was no one in line at the counter and the attendant was incredibly fun and friendly. He had my paperwork all ready to go and I was initially given a 2014 Maxima on my PCAR reservation. I told the guy I was trying to "show off" for my family a bit and asked if he had anything else available. He chuckled and told me of course, he'd see what he had. Couple seconds of digging through his treasure chest of keys and he came up with:

2014 Avalon (PCAR) - I considered, but a little boring
2014 Enclave (PGAR) - Spiked my curiosity, but wasn't interested in an SUV
2014 MKS (GXAR)

I jumped on the MKS. Yes, it had higher miles (15K). No, it wasn't in perfect shape. However, for a double upgrade on a $45/day premium reservation with LDW included I think I did alright. It's an incredibly comfortable car with great seats, decent fuel economy, and more than adequate power.

I will agree with drzoidberg's review in saying I don't think it's quite worth the GXAR designation they assign it, it would be better off as a standard luxury car. But If you can schmooze your way into one on a lesser reservation I highly recommend it.

Last edited by alec_b; Mar 10, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Old May 22, 2014, 5:15 pm

Anything new here @ GEG Spokane?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:03 pm

What does the Sports Facility Tax (1.0%) mean at Spokane National Car Rental?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:36 am

Anyone been here recently

Coming in tomorrow, hoping to get upgraded with my executive status. Curious if that's likely and what cars they have.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:56 pm

Curious if anyone has any updates on what type of vehicles GEG is currently stocking? Will be heading there in two weeks; hoping to be able to pull larger SUV/Wrangler/Pick-Up from Executive Aisle to head to the mountains.
Old May 12, 2016, 4:33 pm

Any updates at GEG? Headed for another family visit 6/1. First rental with Exec. status (card came in the mail today ) and I've got a PCAR reservation for.... wait for it.... $17.19/day! For that kind of money I almost don't care what they give me, any PCAR is worth the price.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum. 1MM IHG Platinum. National EE. Hertz PC
Stay open until last flight?

I am arriving this Sunday at 11:43pm. Does anyone know if this location stays open until the last flight?

It lists closing on Sunday at 11pm but I know some of the franchise locations will wait.

Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:16 pm

Picked up 6/1 at 11 AM:

I strolled the lot before I went to the counter, but didn't see much of interest.

Ford F-250
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ford Fusion Titanium
A sprinkiling of Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon's
Chrysler 300
Chevrolet Impala, new body style

Big shout out to Kristen at the National desk. I mentioned that I had strolled the lot and she immediately apologized for the lack of selection. I'm an executive and had a midsize reservation, the price was so great it was worth taking a chance at getting upgraded.

My rental contract was pre-printed, as it usually is, however I noticed that no vehicle had been pre-assigned. Kristen asked if anything had caught my eye while I was out on the lot, so I asked if the Yukon was available. 5 minutes later I was on my way: 2016 Yukon SLT with 13k miles on it, California plates. Quite the upgrade, to me anyways!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:59 pm

Headed back to GEG next weekend. No recent updates since last June? I'm hoping to push my luck and possibly find something like a BMW/Audi/who knows.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:53 pm

I was in GEG and they gave me a 2wd Chevy Malibu and wanted to charge me triple for an upgrade to an AWD SUV. Got stuck in the snow in the 2wd but I saved myself $140 and got some exercise shoveling it out so guess wasn't terrible. I'm surprised they didn't give me a free upgrade to the SUV with executive status.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:52 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by xrayflyer
I was in GEG and they gave me a 2wd Chevy Malibu...
...and got some exercise shoveling it out so guess wasn't terrible. I'm surprised they didn't give me a free upgrade to the SUV with executive status.
This is exactly why they wanted to charge you a huge upgrade fee for an AWD/4WD SUV. They knew what the weather was going to be and that others would be willing to pay to upgrade to them.

Same as there being tons of BMW 4 series convertibles on the ES in many locations right now. Come warmer months, that will definitely change...
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Has any one rented a car from GEG National since the pandemic and driven it to Canada? The T&C says it's ok, but I'm not sure if we need to let the rental car company know? Have a work trip that is right across the border and the client did not recommend flying into Kelowna and driving through the mountains in the winter time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.