Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:38 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Late night arrival 6/16

Upgrade area
Mustang Ecoboost Coupe
Lincoln MKX
BMW 430i Convertible

Also available (off the upgrade section): BMW Z4, Volvo V60, Jaguar F-Pace, and 3 or 4 Camaro SS (both coupe and convertible). Upgrades were at $50/day.

ES
Pick your color Fusion (no Titanium, some hybrid) or Malibu
1X Chrysler 300C
1X Dodge Challenger V6

EA
Lots of Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, and other smaller cars, plus an Impala Premier.

Waited about 10 minutes and they parked an Infiniti QX30 in the EA section, so took that.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Will also add that I was here a couple days ago during evening (7pm ish) on a Thursday and the lot was full. Lots of cars being returned and a good variety of cars available.

Took a 2017 Camero with the RS package. Swapped it since the car seats basically had limited reclining access. Trunk space was huge though for a two door car.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:37 pm

News?

Will have to switch vehicles at SFO due to windshield chip, currently on an LCAR res driving a CTS. Will arrive next Thursday before noon.
any insights/recent experiences?
Thanks and safe travels.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by muricy1
Will have to switch vehicles at SFO due to windshield chip, currently on an LCAR res driving a CTS. Will arrive next Thursday before noon.
Thanks and safe travels.
Thursday is when the weekly business rentals are starting to return.

I once swapped a nice car on a Tuesday morning and found a limited selection. The staff told me to return Thu/Fri and swap for something nicer. That worked.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:26 am

Thank you for the information, sounds good. I will report back the result.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by muricy1
Thanks and safe travels.
SFO recently got a ton of 4 series convertibles. Saw a lot in returns last time I was here. PS also had an A4 and XTS.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
SFO recently got a ton of 4 series convertibles. Saw a lot in returns last time I was here. PS also had an A4 and XTS.
Hey,
thank you too for answering! A 4 series sounds very tempting, not sure about trunk space though. Was actually very happy with CTS, offered everything we needed, what a pity about the crack... Starting to like Caddy, so maybe XTS... Will let you know what we ended up with. All in all selection sounds much more attractive than SEA where we originally picked up.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:58 pm

Sorry for double post, using small cellphone, a bit fidgety...
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:19 am

I'll be visiting the EC area tomorrow to pick up a car for 30 days.
Given what's been available there recently, what would you go for?

Regards,
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:37 pm

Hey guys,
CTS swapped with black X3, moonroof, navigation, no backup cam but hey, thats ok with CDW and LIS ;-).
Premier had furthermore a white C class 300 and a black Macan.
All of those (also X3) had the 50$ upgrade paper behind windshield but I was just offered merc and bmw, Macan I was told was an upgrade (was on open LCAR res). You think that was correct or did they just not want to give me the Porsche..?
ES had lots of cars, challenger and camaro hardtop sprang to eyes, rest not in memory but I think pretty good selection.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
forgot to write up 9/28 8am available options:

Upgrades:
Audi Q5 - $25
BMW X5 - $75
Audi Q7 - $75
BMW 3 convertible
Cadillac XT5

Executive VIP:
Lincoln Continental
Chrysler 300
Audi A4 Quattro
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:10 am

12/6 around 10pm doing a swap

ES - Had some good mix of cars, Nothing exciting though. Ford Flex, Camry, Sonata, Altimas. Couple of Durango GTs, 1x Grand Cherokee Limited from IL, 1x Challenger, 1x Camero convertible, 2x 300C, 1x Tahoe, 1x Nissan Armada SV, 1x Pacifica
EA - Pick your color Elantra, Corolla, Juke

Alamo renters pick from EA or ES depending on what they book.
Sun/Monday tends to be the worst days here according to greeters, but they will dump VIP cars to the aisle if people are waiting.
Fri/Sat tends to be the slowest days and better times to pick your car of preference.

VIP - Nissan Maxima SV

Upgrade - Escalade, Merc GLE, Infiniti SUV
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:20 pm

12/22 @ 1:30pm - picking up right during the holiday rush

ES had full size sedans (Fusions - reg / hybrid), Maxima, Camry. Notables - 1x Challenger, 1x Camero SS (hard top), 1x Camero RS (hard top), Infiniti QX30, Audi Q3 (I took this), 1x Tundra
EA - Pick your color Camry / Altima

VIP - Maxima SV (there was a Plat on ES...)
Volvo XC60

Upgrade - Infiniti Q50

Booked lux - offer Merc CLA250 or Q50. Decided to cancel reservation and rebook at aisle and took the Q3 (ride report later)

Tahoes/Suburbans and minivans pulled off the aisle as expected. No SUVs on the aisle, but greeter pulled a Kia SUV for somebody upon request
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:22 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
12/22 @ 6:00pm - later on the same day posted above

EA full of Nissan Sentras and some other junky stuff, so I took a Sentra and was actually pretty happy with it - bare-bones interior, but good pickup, smooth ride, and 32 MPG.

(Afterwards realized that I still had ES and could have pulled from the other aisle ).
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: National EE, Flying Blue/SPG/Sixt platinum, Hertz PC, Club Carlsson, Best Western Diamond, IHG
I am now Executive Elite status and should take a car end of April in SFO (I am quite early here :-D).
Question: does it exists a specifc area for Exectuve Elite or is it just Executive Aisle for Aisle Choice reservation?
Also, for a Mid-Size SUV, does usually SFO provide interesting upgrades options to Executive Elite members?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.