Cars at SFO

Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by neo_781
Yes, I am there most weeks ... no major changes ... do you have a specific question?
How is the car selection? Any peak times to avoid?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:48 pm

Yeah - thanks!

I have EE and rented a Premium SUV (Suburban) using my Free Days.

Do I have to pay additional to rent from the PS tier? I wouldn't think so because under the T&C for Free Day redemption under EE, says that it is "valid for up to any car class except
Trucks and exotic vehicles".

If so, then I'll probably get a Infiniti QX 60 or Caddy ATS

Anyone has experience with redeeming free days from the PS tier?
https://www.nationalcar.com/content/...ber%202014.pdf
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by neo_781
Yes, I am there most weeks ... no major changes ... do you have a specific question?
Yeah, I was wondering if we are redeeming free days. I reserved a Premium SUV, but wondering if it is possible to pick up _any_ car from the Premium Aisle (eg. the Infinity QX or Caddy ATS) and not pay a surcharge?

The Emerald Club T&C says EE members can redeem free days "Valid for up to any car class except Trucks and exotic vehicles".

Anyone used free days to get cars in the Premium Aisle in SFO before?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by exparagus
Yeah, I was wondering if we are redeeming free days. I reserved a Premium SUV, but wondering if it is possible to pick up _any_ car from the Premium Aisle (eg. the Infinity QX or Caddy ATS) and not pay a surcharge?

The Emerald Club T&C says EE members can redeem free days "Valid for up to any car class except Trucks and exotic vehicles".

Anyone used free days to get cars in the Premium Aisle in SFO before?
You are confusing two things here.... which are naturally confusing.

A Premium Car is a Chrysler 300, Lincoln Town Car, Toyota Avalon, Genesis etc. There is no Premium aisle, but there is a section for Premium cars and you can take one from there or from the EE aisle.

The Premier Aisle is the aisle for cash upgrades. You can take those, if you pay the upgrade fee.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
We're heading to SFO in January and I want an SUV to go to Tahoe.

What SUVs does National typically have at SFO? I've rarely seen good SUVs in the aisles, so I'll probably book a Standard of Fullsize SUV.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd like to know what the luxury category vehicles can be at SFO. I see Cadillac CTS is suggested. ATS would be a disappointment. Any European cars?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hugolover
I'd like to know what the luxury category vehicles can be at SFO. I see Cadillac CTS is suggested. ATS would be a disappointment. Any European cars?
Personally I haven't seen a CTS in the area for a long time now. I would expect an ATS since I still see those pretty often.

3-series is GXAR so not sure if they will give that to you. Haven't see any Audi in the area either.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
We're heading to SFO in January and I want an SUV to go to Tahoe.

What SUVs does National typically have at SFO? I've rarely seen good SUVs in the aisles, so I'll probably book a Standard of Fullsize SUV.
Lots of Tahoes and Santa Fe. There are a couple of Cherokees around. Escapes seem to be harder to find.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
The ATS is better than any of the European cars you will be offered on an LCAR reservation - trust me. The 328i is particularly underwhelming in the spec National orders them.

My last LCAR yeilded an Infiniti Q50 and the novelty quickly wore off. The ATS is a seriously good car in this class.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
The ATS is better than any of the European cars you will be offered on an LCAR reservation - trust me. The 328i is particularly underwhelming in the spec National orders them.

My last LCAR yeilded an Infiniti Q50 and the novelty quickly wore off. The ATS is a seriously good car in this class.
Cadillac has seriously stepped up its game in ride/handling/build quality. I've had two SRX SUV's as rentals and liked them a lot. (My normal ride is Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited loaded with options,)

The ATS is smallish, but a solid sedan. CUE is an object of hate, but in the 2016 models its much faster. The one I had in LA was loaded with XM, sunroof and extras.

This from a former BMW and Audi owner.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kxc262
Lots of Tahoes and Santa Fe. There are a couple of Cherokees around. Escapes seem to be harder to find.
Thanks for the info. I booked a fullsize SUV, "Tahoe or similar".

Any idea if these are typically 2wd or 4wd?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
Thanks for the info. I booked a fullsize SUV, "Tahoe or similar".

Any idea if these are typically 2wd or 4wd?
I have received both types. The best way to check is look for the 4wd knob to the left of the steering wheel. If you need 4wd, it probably doesn't hurt to ask the greeter when you get there.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca
Cadillac has seriously stepped up its game in ride/handling/build quality. I've had two SRX SUV's as rentals and liked them a lot. (My normal ride is Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited loaded with options,)

The ATS is smallish, but a solid sedan. CUE is an object of hate, but in the 2016 models its much faster. The one I had in LA was loaded with XM, sunroof and extras.

This from a former BMW and Audi owner.
I am a current BMW owner and I agree. I am always very pleased to receive an ATS.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
The greeter at SFO is awful. I've now run into her on my last 4-5 trips and never received an upgrade, let alone any recognition for status. This last trip, I had booked Premium. She pointed me to cars on the ES and kept saying I could take any of them since I had booked a midsize.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:39 pm

Hi guys, updates. Been to SFO location for the past two wednesdays at 3.00pm.
My findings:
- Generally good selection of PCARS from the EE aisle.
- 3~4 Impalas, 4 Lacrosses, lotsa Camaro hardtops, some Challengers / Sonatas / Jeep Compasses.
- Some smallish SUVs (Hyundai Santa Fe).

Did anyone sight any nice cars? ATS / Suburbans ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.