Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Captainmidnight
I need a minivan on June 12th. Should I chance it on the aisle or just reserve one in advance?
If you *need* a minivan, you should reserve one.

Plus, I think there's a 4th law of thermodynamics which states that if you reserve a certain car type, there will be at least dozen of the exact car you want on the Aisle when you arrive. Conversely, if you rely on the Aisle for a certain car type, the entire lot/garage will be completely devoid of that car type when you arrive.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Arrived today at 1538

EA - Hyundai's,impala's,malibu's, Nissan Altima's

ES - 300C, F-150, more altimas, hemi charger,Lincoln continental ( of course with no keys ).

Asked if I could take Infiniti crossover ( forgot the model ) but was told I couldn't but I could take the Audi Q3.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:52 am

Been traveling to ATL weekly for the past 9 months, here are some of the cars I've had from the ES aisle, many I have had multiple times. Overall this location has a great selection at most times.

- Audi Q3
- BMW X3
- Infiniti QX70 & QX30
- Caddy XTS
- Nissan Maxima's
- Nissan Altima's
- Dodge Charger w/Hemi
- Ford Explorer Limited
- Ford Expedition Limited
- Hyundai Tuscon
- Ford Edge Titanium loaded.
- Buick Encore
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Chrysler 300
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Willyk9
Been traveling to ATL weekly for the past 9 months, here are some of the cars I've had from the ES aisle, many I have had multiple times. Overall this location has a great selection at most times.

- Audi Q3
- BMW X3
- Infiniti QX70 & QX30
- Caddy XTS
- Nissan Maxima's
- Nissan Altima's
- Dodge Charger w/Hemi
- Ford Explorer Limited
- Ford Expedition Limited
- Hyundai Tuscon
- Ford Edge Titanium loaded.
- Buick Encore
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Chrysler 300

Thanks for the update. I'll be picking up something next week ( well depending on what my other reservations have ). I'll look through all the inventory as usual though.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:54 pm

Picked up a Cadillac XT5 Thursday. Lot was full Cherokees, impala, small Buick ( didn't get the model), Durango GT...etc

The XT5 is ok. I'm not sure how I feel about Android Auto. One thing is you have to use the usb port in the car. This does not provide enough power to charge my phone as well as use Android auto. You have to use it if you want navigation on-screen, since this XT5 only had On-star Nav, which is not something like or would get again.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: klm frequent flyer; National car rental emerald club
Emerald midsize

The list from Mike 929 looks great. I am just in doubt. Are these cars availible with a midsize rental or are there 2 Emerald Aisles?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Michael W. Batchelor
The list from Mike 929 looks great. I am just in doubt. Are these cars availible with a midsize rental or are there 2 Emerald Aisles?
What is your status? I am executive. When I would make a midsize reservation that would allow me access to pretty much everything ( minus the "upgrade" ) lanes. I think now you have to make a full size. If I am wrong someone please correct me. You can still get the upgrades at a cost of course.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:37 am

Well I had quick weekend rental picked up and Friday. Made two reservations Avis and National. Avis option was a LT Impala with nothing in the upgrade lanes. I spoke to the attendants and they said they had 160 reservations and no cars.

So, I went down to National and nothing to exciting.

No attendants at the door. A note on the window that said all suv's are reservation only.
SV Maxiums ( why can't they get the higher packages?? ). They do have Navigation though
Altimas
Camry SE
Camero RS with no keys and smelled like smoke
Buick Lacrosse
300C's
Malibu

So, I walked down to Almo and got a Challenger R/T (5.7 V8). This car has made it to my possible owner's list. It is a fun car to drive. I just wish it had the 7 or 8.2in screen with nav. Car sounds awesome. Makes me want to try the SRT or Rat Pack...or Hellcat.

However it is a big heavy car. I wish it had European handling, out side of that an enjoyable rental.

I guess I would like to try the Charger as well in R/T and higher packages.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:21 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by mike929
SV Maxiums ( why can't they get the higher packages?? ). They do have Navigation though
I recently had a base trim (S) 2017 Maxima [not through National and not through ATL]. While it was a guaranteed free upgrade based on my particular reservation and was missing a few things I would have enjoyed in a "Premium Car" (leather and heated seats, power lumbar, etc), I still found it a nice rental, a pleasure to drive [as a rental, not as a daily driver], and a far cry over the previous generation Maxima.

It seems that most of the things that I would have expected out of a "Premium Car" rental are standard on the SV trim level, so I am curious what you found lacking versus in the SV trim that are available in other cars in the rental class, say a Ford Taurus or Chevy Malibu?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:16 pm

Update on some recent rentals from ES aisle.

- Lincoln MKC, nice little SUV.
- Nissan Armada
- Camaro and Caddy XTS some coworkers had recently.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:08 am

On Friday 9/1 @ 9PM in the Executive Aisle:
  • Nissan Rogue
  • Chevy Camaro
  • Chrysler 300 (30k miles!)
  • Chevy Impala
  • Infiniti Q70
  • Dodge Challenger with hemi (3k miles)
A few others I can't remember, but nothing else caught my eye. I took the Challenger to try something I haven't tried before.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:53 pm

Friday 10/27 @ 3PM in the Executive Aisle:

Pick your Malibu/Impala//base model 300

1 x of the following below:
300C with 11k
Volvo S60
Santa Fe
Traverse
Charger
Challenger
Maxima
Grand Cherokee Limited with ~1800 miles.

Went with the Grand Cherokee. Nice ride!

Last edited by onedollar; Oct 27, 2017 at 10:54 pm Reason: added another car that i remembered was there
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:02 pm

Anyone been here this week? I've seen a few posts where they have signs out that SUVs are Reservation only in periods of high demand. Is it likely the case between Christmas and New Years?
I've got a 3 day res starting 12/28. Only want it if I can get a 3 row SUV off the aisle. Otherwise I'd like to cancel.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I was there yesterday and there didn’t seem to be any SUVs around 11p. Tons of Chrysler 300s, mustangs, camaros and the odd challenger.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Originally Posted by mike929
Picked up a Cadillac XT5 Thursday. Lot was full Cherokees, impala, small Buick ( didn't get the model), Durango GT...etc

The XT5 is ok. I'm not sure how I feel about Android Auto. One thing is you have to use the usb port in the car. This does not provide enough power to charge my phone as well as use Android auto. You have to use it if you want navigation on-screen, since this XT5 only had On-star Nav, which is not something like or would get again.
There is a power outlet under the center console just below the shifter on the right side. You don't need to use USB for Android Auto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.