Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Two weeks ago I showed up late monday night (10pm). Usual selection, but at the end of the ES was a brand new Cadillac STS with 6 miles on it. Loaded (sunroof, DVD navigation, bose stereo with XM radio, perforated headed/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, etc). Only got about 11mpg with my foot on the gas
Old Apr 18, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Nice to hear about the Cadillac STS. I've got a luxury rental coming up at this location, does anyone know if they have foreign "luxury" cars in their fleet as have been reported in other locations? (e.g. Infiniti, Saab, Volvo, etc.)
Old May 1, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
I just returned a 2011 Altima 2.5S with RFID key, aux in, and just shy of 7kmiles to this location.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Sunday 4:00 pm. EA and ES were pretty well stocked with cars, vans, and SUVs. ES had Impalas, Camrys, Toyota Sienna, about 2-3 Dodge vans, a Chrysler van, a Dodge Durango, brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (someone beat me to it), and a Ford Flex Limited with navigation. I was using a free day and saw a 2011 Nissan Armada that I wanted to drive. The attendant told me I couldn't take since it was on the Full-size SUV aisle. Went on my phone, changed my free day to a Full-size SUV and I was on my way. That is why I love being EE so much.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was here for July 4. Usual stable of Camrys, Altimas, Impalas. One Town and Country in EE. Jeep Cherokee. 300. Dodge Cruze. I took a Pathfinder.

On the return, I saw a couple of Muranos and an Infinit sedan prob G as opposed to M in the return lanes.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Back in ATL on Jul 10. Saw a Flex, and usual Altimas in Aisle. Same usual sedans in Executive plus Edge and Lucerne. Was going to take the Edge but then saw an Armada in the row behind Executive. Didn't know Executive selection spans 3 aisles.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, National EC, Choice Hotels, Priority Club
July 27th Update

Stopped by about 10:30 pm on a full-size res, and the lot was surprisingly varied considering there were maybe 50 cars total to choose from.

EA had lots of Impalabus, Jettas and Eclipses, a Rogue, two Mazda 5s, one well-used Altima and a poor unloved Sebring (definitely not a 200). ES had a more varied selection; I took a look but didn't bite. Lots of Malibu LTs, a couple Hyundai SUVs, a mix of Chrysler and Dodge minivans, one shiny slate blue Altima, two Buick LaCrosses, a Jeep Patriot and two Ford Escapes with sunroof and SAT radio. There was a Caddy SRX, a red 2011 300, and a CTS if you were on a luxury hunt. The full-size aisle had two HHRs, two Impalas, and a pre-refresh Hyundai Elantra.

I talked to the gate agent and negotiated a 2012 Mustang coupe as I've been renting almost 30 days straight and am kind of tired of sedans and SUVs. Ride report on the Mustang will follow as soon as I'm done with the tires - ahem, I mean fully evaluating the car
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Nomad_Tech
Stopped by about 10:30 pm on a full-size res, and the lot was surprisingly varied considering there were maybe 50 cars total to choose from.
Echo that last Thursday afternoon, with Hyundai Genesis and new Chrysler 300s on the ES, with a few Impalas, minivans, and crossovers thrown it. There were greeter staff and valets in abundance, too, offering help to anyone who showed even a bit of hesitation.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold
SUV heavy

Sunday afternoon of Labor Day weekend, good selection of SUV's on ES. A Yukon, several new Pathfinders, Sorrentos, etc. I took a GMC Acadia SLT with 5000 miles and working XM. I've yet to be disappointed with the ES in Atlanta since the new rental car depot was built.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by infradig
Sunday afternoon of Labor Day weekend, good selection of SUV's on ES. A Yukon, several new Pathfinders, Sorrentos, etc. I took a GMC Acadia SLT with 5000 miles and working XM. I've yet to be disappointed with the ES in Atlanta since the new rental car depot was built.
Glad to hear that. I think @ATL, at least, ES is the sweet spot.
The prices were a little too high for my budget that weekend, so I ended up in a cab. (and they were a little harder to come by that weekend.)
Interesting, I tried the website for Enterprise, and it was showing soldout for that holiday weekend.

Last edited by 4now; Sep 6, 2011 at 8:36 am
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Have rented here a lot in the past month. From the ES, I've taken:

- Buick Regal
- GMC Terrain
- Ford Explorer
- Dodge Durango

Notably, both the Explorer and the Durango were new enough to have temporary plates on them.

I've also seen Grand Cherokees, Dodge Journeys, a Mazda CX-9, Chevy Traverses, Grand Marquises, Town Cars, as well as fairly standard Impalas, Camrys, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot; it's a really varied selection.

That and the friendly staff make this one of my favorite locations of late.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Selection here continues to be good -- the above are all still in evidence, plus a decent number of Nissans -- mostly Altimas, but there was one Maxima on the ES Sunday night.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:38 pm

This morning 0730 - lots of Impalas and Sonatas, several Mopar SUVs and crossovers, a nice Taurus that smelled like furniture polish inside, a Lucerne, a Regal (which I took), a few minivans.

I had a premium reservation with Alamo - selection was deplorable (old 300 and old Charger, that's it, no kidding). Was offered a stripped down Challenger, didn't want that, then was told I could pick from National. A few others off to the sides didn't seem operational - STS I couldn't open, Enclave with defect writing on windows. There was a loaded Grand Cherokee I tried to snag but was told it would cost a bit more. Very pleasant employees at this location.

In my hotel parking lot is a loaded new Charger rental - nav, chromes, parking senors, hemi...that would have been nice.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Happy 2012 in the ATL

Friday the 13th at ATL at around 2000 I spied a brand-new 300 still dripping wet being brought into the Exec aisle. Flagged the man down and told him he didn't need to park it. I drove out of there with about 280 miles on the ODO, and the girl who checked my ID at the gate complimented that engine's sexy purr. I made sure to knock the MPG average down a few points for the one night I had her...

When I came through around 1400 on Jan 5th, I saw some Fiat 500s in the lot, if you're into that sort of thing. I opted for the only Suburban with Sirius...the 7 other large SUVs in the Exec aisle all had lapsed subscriptions.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:37 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Was here this past Saturday afternoon-- was probably pretty busy with the holiday weekend as both EA and ES were only 1/2 to 2/3 full and there wasn't a SUV, crossover or minivan in sight. ES was stocked with the usual Mazda 6s and Altimas, with a few Camrys and Hyundai Sonatas-- definitely nothing fun/out of the ordinary. EA was mostly Chevy Malibus and I saw a lone Chrysler Sebring. Surprised they still have that in the fleet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.