Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by infradig
Also got a nearly new Tahoe from ATL a few weeks back and found the front console USB didn't charge my phone. I wonder if this is a common problem (or design fault)?

Arrived on a Tuesday late afternoon. EC and ES were bare, less than a dozen cars and all getting snapped up fast. The Tahoe arrived and I quickly nabbed it. Very nice vehicle, USB charging aside.

When I told the manager she told me they are not guaranteed to work. Also there is no telling what people are plugging into them to charge/power. They also dont have the time to check them and verify that they work.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by infradig
Also got a nearly new Tahoe from ATL a few weeks back and found the front console USB didn't charge my phone. I wonder if this is a common problem (or design fault)?

Arrived on a Tuesday late afternoon. EC and ES were bare, less than a dozen cars and all getting snapped up fast. The Tahoe arrived and I quickly nabbed it. Very nice vehicle, USB charging aside.
I always try to grab a Tahoe.

I've had better luck using the 110V outlet in the center console. It actually faces the 2nd row captains chairs, but it's easily within reach of the driver's seat. It's located at the top of the rear-facing console and less than 12" away from the lid of the center console arm-rest.

It may be me, but it seems the phone charges faster through the 110V outlet. Also, the radio doesn't automatically try to sync up to your iTunes playlist
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Picked up from ATL mid afternoon today. ES was well stocked with a wide array of cars, minivans and SUVs. Picked a new MX5 Miata with 7 miles. ^
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Friday, February 20th, 6:00PM

Executive Selection:
1 Chevy Traverse w/ 19,900 miles w/ cloth seats (Ended up being my pick)
1 GMC Terrain w/ cloth seats and no nav screen or back-up camera
1 Dodge Journey
8-12 Altimas
6 MX-5 Miatas (RWD 2-seat sports car in Atlanta in February? WTH?)
1 Hyundai Azera w/ no keys
2 Toyota Camrys

Pretty rough night on the Executive Selection if you ask me.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:52 pm

This will be my first time using the Emerald Club. I have a reservation for midsize car the last weekend of March in ATL.

What are the usual options in the Emerald Aisle (EA)?

If I want a Camaro, Altima, Challenger, should I just book FCAR?

Will the attendant allow me to choose from the ES with just EA membership?

Or is the better option to book midsize and choose whatever car I like and pay the upgrade fee if there isn't anything in EA that interest me.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Just picked up a 370Z at ATL. FL tags. First time I've seen one of these at National. Base model, cloth seats. Still fun.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Just picked up a 370Z at ATL. FL tags. First time I've seen one of these at National. Base model, cloth seats. Still fun.
What class is on the keytag of that?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:05 pm

Rxar. Standard elite?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: MR Gold
What kinds of vehicles were in the aisle? This thread hasn't been updated with what's there in eons. Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:43 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
2 days is eons?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:03 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by dwbf11
2 days is eons?
In fairness, a posting of what was on EA/ES has not been made late-February, though still hardly "eons"
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:06 pm

I was there on a PCAR res. I found the 370Z at the end of the hot row, with a tag calling it a convertible. I took it to the booth and they said nothing to me, but when i returned it there was a $10.99 up charge on it.

I was just swapping a car from SIXT for a national car because I had to go into SC, and sixt doesn't allow that.

I did look at the aisle and there was nothing noteworthy other than the MX5s. I also do remember seeing a Durango, some other small SUVs, maybe some Buick's. There was a Q50 for a $50 a day upcharge.

SIXT was much better, I rented a CLA250 for $350 a week, with nav, sat radio, etc. They also had the new C class, 300c as an FCAR ($180 a week), A8, Corvettes.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:51 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I was just swapping a car from SIXT for a national car because I had to go into SC, and sixt doesn't allow that.
As long as you do not have a Georgia Driver's License, Sixt in ATL allows you to drive to NC, SC, FL, TN, and AL.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
As long as you do not have a Georgia Driver's License, Sixt in ATL allows you to drive to NC, SC, FL, TN, and AL.
Sixt are really doing themselves a dis-service with these ridiculous limits on where you can and cannot drive. How do they expect to be taken seriously with such arbitary limits? I wanted to book with them for an upcoming trip but Sixt in LAX won't let cars be taken to UT or CO even though Sixt at PHX will allow cars to be taken to UT, CO or CA. It makes no sense and lost them the business to National.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I picked up a Grand Cherokee. On my last visit to ATL. ESaisle well stocked for a 9PM pick up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.