Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:07 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Yes, there are cars with the ES/EA mirror tags towards the back and side of the EA/ES section, so always worth checking over there too!

Monday 8PM:

EA/ES much more wiped out than when I picked up on Friday, had some time to kill and found the following:

Impalas and Malibus
3X Nissan Altima
1X Nissan Armada??
2X Chrysler 200 (loaded)
4X Yukons
1X Expedition
1X Escape
1X CX-7
1X Ford Flex
1X Nissan Rogue
1X Nissan Cube
2X Jetta 2.5 SE
1X VW CC in return aisle
1X Nissan Murano in return aisle

Luxury/Premium:
Regal CXL
Ford Taurus Limited
2011 Chargers
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
10/26/11 - 11 am
About 50 cars on the combined EA and ES aisles
Chevy Impalas
Chevy Malibus
Dodge Chargers
Jeep Liberty
Mazda 6
Hyundai Sonata
Toyota Camry
Dodge Journey
Nissan Altimas
Ford Escape Limited (which I took)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:36 pm

Friday 11/4, 8:30PM

EA/ES overflowing with vehicles. There were so many cars/trucks that the back 3 aisles had cars parked in the middle of the rows (blocking in what was parked (cough) Yukon XL I wanted (cough) ). They seemed to be very SUV heavy tonight for some reason.

Of the more interesting finds
3X GMC Acadia SLT
1X 2012 Nissan Pathfinder (2K miles)
1X 2012 Ram 1500 Pickup (Ohio Plates)
Several Yukons, Yukon XL's
Many 2011 Chargers
2011 Nissan Armada (which I took)

Premium/Lux:
Enclave
Volvo S60 T5 (MI Plates, nice to see the DTW national picking these up)
Taurus
Regal
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:11 pm

Friday 12/2, 10:00PM

EA/ES overflowing with vehicles, except the ones that were accessible (IE not parked in) were very average in terms of quality. I guess they stop replenishing after a certain point in the evening and instead park their inventory wherever - and however - they want. Kind of disappointing if the car you want is buried 6 rows deep.

Tonight, like last Friday I picked up here, was very SUV and pickup truck heavy. Looks like this station just took delivery of a whole bunch of brand new Chevy Silverado pickups in various trim levels; most of them were LT 4x4, although there were a few LS and WT trim levels as well (base models with plastic, not body colored, bumpers), all in various 2WD/4WD configurations. None had leather or the autodim mirror. All were parked together with brand new MI truck plates.

Of the more interesting finds (aside from standard Impala/Malibu/Korean SUVs):
2X Dodge Ram 1500
1X 2012 Ford Flex Limited
Several Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon XL's in various trim levels (most LT with leather, some SLT without)

Premium/Lux/"Specialty": Really wish I didn't need a large vehicle this weekend, so many nice car choices I had to pass by
Buick Enclave
Volvo S60 T5 (MI Plates, same one I saw last time I think)
Buick Regal
Several Crown Vics (yuck)
Volvo S80
2011 Hyundai Genesis (!!)
2011 300C (PXAR, base model with cloth and no touchscreen - confirming what drzoidberg observed in another thread)
Jeep Wrangler
3X VW Passat CC

Another weekend of hauling so I snagged a Ford Expedition. Ride report to follow soon!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:45 pm

Sunday 10PM

EA/ES had standard fare, Altimas/Malibus/Impalas

Standouts were several Yukon SLTs and Yukon XL SLTs, and a 2012 Nissan Maxima (PCAR). Also several 2012 Kia Optimas (PCAR). Also about 5 pickups (Ram, Silverado)

Premium/Lux: 2011 Chrysler 300 (leather, PXAR), Buick Lucerne, Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Suburban, 2 Camaros, and 5 or 6 Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.

In stock but not on the aisles/ES:
Volvo S60 T5 (TN plates, GXAR)
Volvo XC70 (IL plates, GXAR)
VW CC
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
ES looked like some kind of Frankenstein supersize used-car lot - in a good way. They had so many cars under the canopy they gave up and filled in all rows at the back so one couldn't take anything from those sections. Still, there was plenty of variety. What I can remember:

Nissan Armada, Pathfinder, Rogue, Maxima

Mazda CX-9, CX-7, 6

Dodge Charger, Nitro

more Chevrolet Impalas than I could count

Chrysler 300, 200
Old Dec 17, 2011, 7:40 pm

Sounds about par for the course for DTW on a weekend! Although if you ask nicely, and see something you want elsewhere on the lot, generally it's not a problem to take from elsewhere.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Premium was looking pretty thin today, although I didn't scour Exec Selection looking for P-cars over there. I looked at changing a reservation and only a few specialty classes showed available at all, so maybe the location is headed for a Christmas sell-out.

VW CC x2
Lincoln MKS as PGAR, I think
Dodge Charger (really)
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL GE
Curious.. DTW as an airport just doesn't seem much like a "destination" to me, yet the National lot, esp for us is huge. It rivals LAX, which to me is more of a destination.

I wonder if they use DTW as a car hub and spread them out to off sites like MBS, LAN, FNT or GRR or is it like MBS which has a contract with Avis to keep X amount of cars on site for Dow? Except in this case, the big three?

Just curious, I wish all locations functioned like DTW, I love when I get to run a one-way, always something new.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:33 pm

It's very much a destination for business and tourism alike...sorry if this comes off harsh, but that comment (or rather its ignorance) really exemplifies the bad rap Detroit/Michigan get in the national media every single day. Have you ever spent time here? I'm guessing not.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by dwbf11
It's very much a destination for business and tourism alike...sorry if this comes off harsh, but that comment (or rather its ignorance) really exemplifies the bad rap Detroit/Michigan get in the national media every single day. Have you ever spent time here? I'm guessing not.
Hear, hear! That being said, it's also the Motor City...and so getting anywhere from Metro without a rental car is pretty challenging.

To keep this on point, picked up a nice Mazda CX-9 from the ES on Thursday...800 miles!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 1:46 pm

It's very much a destination for business and tourism alike

One way you can tell is by the apparently large number of out of state plates. Posters are commenting on National's cars at Detroit having plates from TN, IL, TX, IN, etc.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL GE
I understand it is a destination so to say, but looking at the security lines as compared to LGA, LAX, LAS, MCO, it isn't a huge destination yet has a seemingly larger National property then any of those airports mentioned.

It was a general observation out of curiosity, sorry.

dwbf11, no never been to Detroit, ever.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:12 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - lets get back on topic of what cars are found in the EA/ES at DTW - and not whether DTW is a destination.

peteropny - mod - National
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Premium selection for Emerald Reserve on Wednesday night was two Chargers (marked FCAR), a base model 2012 300 (marked PXAR), and an Avalon (PCAR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.