Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by bretthexum
I'll be there in a few hours. I'll see what they have!
Report back!! I'll be there Saturday.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Almost all cars, tons of Chargers. Only saw 1 SUV, which was an Explorer. A few Impalas, Altimas, and a few vans. Was actually pretty quiet in there with lots to choose from. I ended up just taking a Charger which was decent.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bretthexum
Almost all cars, tons of Chargers. Only saw 1 SUV, which was an Explorer. A few Impalas, Altimas, and a few vans. Was actually pretty quiet in there with lots to choose from. I ended up just taking a Charger which was decent.
PHX isn't a hot spot for tourist in the summer time, so many of the SUV's might have been taken over to SoCal.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: National Emerald Club Executive
Just came back from a 4 day vacation with the wife in Scottsdale.

Arrived at PHX and was hoping to find a nice convertible. The lot was overflowing with cars but most of them were the typical sedans (Camry, Malibu, etc..) there were some nice SUVs (saw an Audi Q5 I believe) and also a few Camaros. Also saw a few trucks and minivans. (Honestly, there was something nice available in every segment so props to PHX location for keeping a nice selection.)

There was a BMW 430i (hardtop convertible) right in the front with "no keys" signs on it..asked the attendant anyways and he confirmed there were no keys. I asked him if he had any convertibles but since the whole lot was full, he said to just look around and take any convertible I find.

Walked all over the front area and then finally way back at the end of the lot was another BMW 430i with 5000 miles on it.

Hopped in, dropped the top down and fully enjoyed the 4 day vacation
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:26 pm
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
Aeropatel, Did you find the car in the very back (to the right as you enter the National lot, past the Emerald Club signs, where the overflow cars are parked in tandem?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Rented two cars this past Saturday. I didn’t see what was in EA but my dad grabbed a new Rogue SV which was pretty nice. Looked to be standard sedans otherwise.

Executive Aisel had some of the nicest cars I have ever seen at one time. Saw a Q50, a BMW, a few well equipped midsize SUVs and I didn’t even look around a whole lot. I was hoping to grab a full size SUV or fall back to a minivan but none were to be found. Talked to the attendant and she said full size SUVs were reservation only, but I could grab whatever Minivan I wanted. Couldn’t really see where they were so I just grabbed a QX60 with less than 1k miles on it. Was a tight squeeze for 6 adults but it worked out alright.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Scored a Volvo S60 on Friday night. Everything else in Executive Aisle was american.

Weird return experience . . . there were no National employees so be seen so we did "drop and go." I had a funny feeling so I took a picture of the car (with license plate clearly showing) under the return your vehicle here banners. By the time we got home (4 hours later) they still had not checked the car in. Tried calling last night, but location wouldn't answer the phone and corporate was useless. This morning, the App showed vehicle as "Overdue." Called PHX again, and a nice agent put me on hold and got her manager to close out my rental. I hope they found the car.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:45 am

Picked up Saturday the 11th.

Both aisles had nothing outstanding. Was offered a Cadillac XT5 but was looking for a big SUV. There were 2 Armada's but both had a smoky scent to them. Agent went and got me a Expedition.

ES:
2x Armada
2x Maxima
3x T & Country
A few Impala's
A few Santa Fe's

No Tahoe's/Suburbans/Expedition's

On a side note. The greeter was fantastic. Simply bubbly and helpful both nights I saw her.

On another note. I returned the expedition to pick-up a 15 seater from Alamo for a one-way. Was given the most rattiest Chevy Express I've ever seen. Apparently that was all they had or so I was told. Some of the seatbelts were actually broken. It didn't actually cross my mind to ask for something on the National side until I was pulling to the exit and saw National employees sitting in a brand spanking new Transit. Needless to say I pulled over and went back to find a manager to procure me a better vehicle. After 30 minutes was given another Chevy Express but one in much better condition.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj

On another note. I returned the expedition to pick-up a 15 seater from Alamo for a one-way. Was given the most rattiest Chevy Express I've ever seen. Apparently that was all they had or so I was told. Some of the seatbelts were actually broken. It didn't actually cross my mind to ask for something on the National side until I was pulling to the exit and saw National employees sitting in a brand spanking new Transit. Needless to say I pulled over and went back to find a manager to procure me a better vehicle. After 30 minutes was given another Chevy Express but one in much better condition.

This is why I don't rent from Alamo or Thrifty they have some of the worst cars I have rented.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This is why I don't rent from Alamo or Thrifty they have some of the worst cars I have rented.

With Alamo it's quite different depending on location. At JFK and LGA National and Alamo shares the same. Fleet pretty much. Also with enterprise which isn't far away. At MCO I had a lux Res with national but ended up in a car parked in lux for Alamo and it was a Volvo S60 2018 model year with 15 miles on it.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Actually I've found Alamo's fleet to be excellent 99% of the time. In fact one or two of my rentals have been brand new. If they only had a membership program similar to National in benefits, I would probably stick with them fully.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Brother is here at the moment.
8pm Monday Evening

ES - 3x BMW 430i, 1x Q5, 1x QX60, Durango, Grand Cherokee
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: A few
Just a quick data point when arriving late evening on a Wed; more full size SUVs than you can shake a stick at in the Executive aisle; Tahoes, Suburbans, etc.

Also lots of crew cab F150s, numerous quad cab Ram 1500s, and even an F250 that had no side-steps and was too tall for me (even at 6'1") to climb up into.....
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:05 am

Any recent updates? Hoping for a GC Limited or a Pacifica when I pick up on Friday AM
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tstad
Any recent updates? Hoping for a GC Limited or a Pacifica when I pick up on Friday AM
My brother was here last week and he got a Q50. Plenty of Cameros soft tops on ES. There was a lot of 300S (not 300C).
PHX will also put 4-series on the aisle.

I am also sure that there should be a Pacifica if you ask.
tstad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.