Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:05 pm

Maserati

Last night (Feb 23) they had the Ghibli in the Emerald VIP section. Not sure as an EX whether I could have driven it off. In the ES they had a number of Pathfinders, new Cherokees, large Chevy SUV's, and Nissan 370's (I took one). I thought I also saw 2 BMW's being driven off as I arrived.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Hope the selection is as good when I land in a couple of hours... I'd probably take the Z if I wasn't going to be with my boss (the type that always takes an Impala Limited off of EA regardless of being EE).
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Tuesday night ~6pm was pretty bleak... ES was only 5 cars (Malibu, Altima, Charger, two Sonatas) and EA was pretty much 200s. There were, however, 5 Ghiblis lined up in PS with another in VIP. I was on an LCAR res and, to my surprise, there were actually cars in ER-LUX... though they were a pair of Cadillac SRXs that didn't do much for me. I tried negotiating a Ghibli without the PS charge without any luck (I was less disapointed when I peaked inside and saw how much they raided the Chrysler parts bin). There was a nice clean Lacrosse in ER-PREM that I ended up taking without much disappointment since it's pretty much my favorite PCAR now that the Genesis is all but gone and the Cadenza is a rare bird.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by upsidedown
Last night (Feb 23) they had the Ghibli in the Emerald VIP section. Not sure as an EX whether I could have driven it off. In the ES they had a number of Pathfinders, new Cherokees, large Chevy SUV's, and Nissan 370's (I took one). I thought I also saw 2 BMW's being driven off as I arrived.
They are "speical" cars and you can upgrade for $100/day. A deal in my book
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

This past weekend, ES lots of Chevy Impala's, 1 300, got a Impala, 750 miles, boring car. I wanted a Ghibli but not on this rental... Lots of Mini Van's I would say roughly 15, 5 Suburbans, 8 Tahoe's.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Friday the 27th around 10:30pm. ES had a Ram 1500 and a couple sedans (I think a Mercedes or Lincoln??). Didn't pay a lot of attention to ES, since I am EA. on the EA aisle there were about 8-10 Hyundai Sonatas, plus a Nissan Altima and a Toyota Camry LE with 500 miles on it. I took the Camry. Not a lot of cars on the aisle and definitely not a lot of selection, but I was pretty happy with the Camry.

Obviously not National's fault, but the Toyota Camry had this annoying Eco light that kept coming on. It was just bright enough to be distracting and annoying.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:02 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Huge selection in ES on 3/6...As reported above, many SUVs. My friend and I are here for a baseball weekend, so we wanted something cool and fast. Was popping into a Dodge Challenger when they rolled up a Mustang convertible. Quickly grabbed it before 3 other circling "vultures" (like myself) were able to. It had 900 miles on it and is fully loaded.

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Mar 6, 2015 at 4:08 pm
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k; AA Ex Plat; National Exe; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
Picked up this morning at 11am (3/8). Never seen such a poor selection. Luckily I had a premium reservation (ended up being $10 less than Midsize with a coupon!)

Emerald Aisle- Empty

Executive:
1 Camero
1 altama
1 santa fe
1 sonata
1 enclave (brought out while I was looking)

Premium

2 Avalons (1 2014, 1 2015)

Took a 2015 Avaon XLE Touring with working XM, NAV, Moonroof
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by lowetide
Picked up this morning at 11am (3/8). Never seen such a poor selection. Luckily I had a premium reservation (ended up being $10 less than Midsize with a coupon!)

Emerald Aisle- Empty

Executive:
1 Camero
1 altama
1 santa fe
1 sonata
1 enclave (brought out while I was looking)

Premium

2 Avalons (1 2014, 1 2015)

Took a 2015 Avaon XLE Touring with working XM, NAV, Moonroof
Was that actually all the cars on the lot or just what you saw?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1k; AA Ex Plat; National Exe; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Was that actually all the cars on the lot or just what you saw?
That was it in those three categories.

There were a few cars under the different specific classes full size, suv etc. But as noted nothing in ea, a few cars in ee and 2 premiums
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA Silver
Slim Picks for Race Weekend in PHX

Friday 6:30 AM picking up a weekend rental for a trip out to So. Cal. Got there at 6:15 and lot was pretty bare with typical altimas, camrys, sonatas, maxima (1), Equinox high miles (1), captivas, murano, compasses, rav4 xle (xm, sunroof, but no leather) almost took that but then at 6:25 they begin to pull up new return vehicles. Waited a few minutes and they pulled up 2 Explorer Limited and a Toyota 4Runner. Drove off with Explorer with 800 miles. VIP had Maserati ($100/day) and Premier had BMW 3series ($50/day). They would not budge at counter on giving BMW with no charge to Executive Elite.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cba13
Friday 6:30 AM picking up a weekend rental for a trip out to So. Cal. Got there at 6:15 and lot was pretty bare with typical altimas, camrys, sonatas, maxima (1), Equinox high miles (1), captivas, murano, compasses, rav4 xle (xm, sunroof, but no leather) almost took that but then at 6:25 they begin to pull up new return vehicles. Waited a few minutes and they pulled up 2 Explorer Limited and a Toyota 4Runner. Drove off with Explorer with 800 miles. VIP had Maserati ($100/day) and Premier had BMW 3series ($50/day). They would not budge at counter on giving BMW with no charge to Executive Elite.
I had a X3 once and was only charged $10/day extra which I thought was fair, and the X3 was pretty loaded to my surpise.. The Marerati is a fair upgrade for $100/day...
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Is the Maserati really a good deal? It's pretty much all just plastic Chrysler parts, isn't it?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:45 pm

How do you guys handle the insurance if you rent the Maserati? I usually rely on my Amex coverage but it specifically excludes Maserati (not to mention any car over $50k). Are you just counting on your personal insurance? I don't have a $100k personal car so I don't think my personal collision policy would cover the rental Maserati.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:51 pm

Actually never mind. I see the $25 Amex premium coverage will handle pretty much any make up to $100k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.