Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived at PHX on a weeknight at about 9 p.m. and the EA was pretty full. Mostly Sentras and Malibu. Also saw a Ford Fusion, Subaru Impreza and Legacy, an Altima and a Camry, which I picked.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:00 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Things were pretty bleak about 1PM on a recent weekday when I arrived. EA almost empty and ES had a few sedans. Turned down a new Avalon for a Malibu -- hoping in vain for a Prius. Last fall this location stocked none. Now they do but they had been claimed earlier in the day.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Arrived a 5PM on Thursday - EA & ES were quite empty - I took an Infiniti FX35 off ES.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:43 am

PHX Aisle and Exec Selections

I am traveling on a business trip into PHX later next week and am unsure wether or not to rent with National as I am an elite member or rent with another brand at the Sky Harbor rental car center. Before making that decision I would like to know what are the cars you all have seen on the aisles at this location. Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It would seem there are 10 posts here in the last year that speak to just that question. Glad you found the old thread.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:55 am
Suspended

The variety we've had in Phx lately has been growing since we were purchased by corporate earlier this year. And the variety keeps growing as the new 2009's start trickling in now.

If you are an EX Elite member you could find the following on the Ex Aisle:

Camry, Impala, Fusion, Grand Prix, Forester, Altima, Malibu, Charger, Legacy and there are a few Mid-size too as some people prefer the gas mileage of the smaller cars...so Sentra, Corolla, Matrix, Avenger, Sebring, Vibe, PT Cruiser, Impreza or maybe a Midsize hybrid Prius.

Occasionally the larger upgrade surprise/gift...full size pickup, like F-150, Tundra, Titan, Mid Size or Standard SUV - FJCruiser, Xterra, Murano, Rogue, Journey, 4Runner, Rav 4, Or Premium car like the Maxima, Avalon, Chry 300, Volvo S60...Maybe a Minivan...and once and a great while something even nicer like a luxury. It depends on what is going on in town and the supply of cars.

But as always you are guaranteed the Full size at the midsize rate...that would be the First list. The latter cars are not guaranteed...those are upgrades you would normally pay extra for. If you ever arrive and Need to have one of the larger ones upon arrival, please stop by the counter upstairs before you go to level two at the Phx Rental Center and one of the Rental Agents can check on an Emerald Club Special for you.

We hope to see you at National in Phx next week!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Paminaz
We hope to see you at National in Phx next week!
Y'all must have a bunch of Trailblazers and the like out there as well - I was quoted a lower rate for a week-long Standard SUV the week after next than for a Fullsize, as an EE. Since I like EE so I can pick up SUVs, this is a win-win!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:28 pm
Suspended

So you know you if you booked the Standard SUV...when you arrive in PHX next week...don't go to the Exec Aisle...when you get downstairs, tell the Greeters you are Emerald Reserved for the Standard SUV Row...!! Might be a Trailblazer, 4 Runner, Highlander, Xterra, Tribeca...we have several makes and models.

See ya next week!

The SUV's have been cheaper as they have been less popular with fuel prices being high...however they are fairly good on gas...it's not like they are 8 cyl or something!
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Clarifying my own post....the Mids are obviously in the Normal EA section right next to the Exec Aisle...so if you prefer the better gas mileage and don't want the Full size...help yourself. You aren't losing out... as you are only paying Mid Size Rate as an Exec Member anyhow. Just depends on what your need/likes are.
Exec Aisle will Have at Least Full Size as it's supposed to. Hope there was no confusion there. I just came back and read that...and it wasn't clear enough even for me.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
I tend to always grab a Volvo S60 when in PHX. The last couple of times, i've seen everything from a Nissan Murano and the Infinitis in the ES.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Arrived late at night thanks to U.S. Air.

Immediately found a new Nissan Titan, with a few other Titans on the lot.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Arrived late at night thanks to U.S. Air.

Immediately found a new Nissan Titan, with a few other Titans on the lot.

Maybe this has something to do with the price these things have been selling for lately.

The only thing though.. I have 2 credit cards that cover CDW for me. They both state in the terms that pickup trucks are excluded.

Ron.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: F9,DL,CO,US,UA,Hyatt,Marriott,Radisson, National
The witch is dead!

[QUOTE=Paminaz;10193795]The variety we've had in Phx lately has been growing since we were purchased by corporate earlier this year.

Ding Dong the witch is dead!

What great news! PHX and DEN were the worst franchises in the system. PHX once refused to pay when I called AAA to fix a flat in 110 degree heat. I complained to corporate who dealt with it immediately. Is DEN out of the clutches of that slimy organization too? I hope so.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Denver has been corp for nearly 5 years.

Cust has always been responsible for tires...anything that happens to them while car is out on rent...and the changing of them. You can now purchase Roadside Plus Protection (at $4.99 per day in PHX) to cover tires, glass, key-loss, lock-out service, jump-start, small quantity fuel delivery. I call it "Whooops coverage"...not mechanical issues, stuff that "whooops" happens during the rental.

If your corp agreement covered the damage to the tire...that's great, the only prob is most corp agreements don't cover the Changing of the tire.
I'm sorry you had an issue...

Here is the Roadside Plus Program:

Roadside Plus

KEY REPLACEMENT Lost keys? No worries, we will send replacement keys or a locksmith.
GLASS REPLACEMENT If the glass is damaged through no fault of your own, we will replace the glass.
FLAT TIRE If the vehicle's spare tire is inflated and serviceable, it will be installed to replace a flat tire. If no inflated spare is available, the vehicle will be towed in accordance with the towing provision.
TIRE REPLACEMENT If the vehicle's tire is damaged, the tire will be repaired or replaced at no additional charge.
TOWING Towing charges will be covered at no additional cost should the vehicle be inoperable.
JUMP START A battery boost will be provided in an attempt to start the vehicle.
LOCKOUT SERVICE If the keys are locked inside the vehicle, service will be sent to gain entrance.
FUEL DELIVERY* A limited supply of gasoline will be delivered to the vehicle to enable you to reach the nearest open service station.
*Up to three gallons or equivalent liters.

Available in all US states and select Canada locations. Roadside Plus is void and of no effect if, at the time of the incident necessitating roadside assistance, You (or any Authorized Driver) were in violation of the rental agreement, including, without limitation, the Prohibited Uses and Violations set forth therein. In such cases, roadside assistance will be available, but standard charges may apply. The purchase of this optional service plan is not required to rent a Vehicle.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Paminaz
So you know you if you booked the Standard SUV...when you arrive in PHX next week...don't go to the Exec Aisle...when you get downstairs, tell the Greeters you are Emerald Reserved for the Standard SUV Row...!! Might be a Trailblazer, 4 Runner, Highlander, Xterra, Tribeca...we have several makes and models.

See ya next week!

The SUV's have been cheaper as they have been less popular with fuel prices being high...however they are fairly good on gas...it's not like they are 8 cyl or something!
Sorry I missed you - I was running late and forgot to ask for you! (I'll be there 2-3 more times this year, though...)

I ended up with the lone Trailblazer LT - there were about a half dozen Highlanders there and a bunch of compact SUVs. but the LT barely has enough headroom for me when it has a sunroof, and the Highlander is shorter. I didn't see any SUVs in the executive aisle, so I was more than happy. Except, of course, for the 50% taxes and fees on the discounted base rate.

Next time out, the full-size is much cheaper - I guess because I'm reserving Sat-Fri instead of Sun-Fri - so we'll see how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.