Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Portland / PDX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
I was there a couple months ago as well. People were standing around waiting for cars. I saw one mini-van so I hopped in it and went. I saw 3-4 other folks driving away in mini-vans.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:48 am

I rented there back in late July on a Sunday Afternoon. I was regular EC member then. EA/ES was pretty well stocked. Didn't really have a chance to look around because I spotted a 08 Silver Grand Prix GXP that was just washed in the EA. Had about 15K miles on it but it was fully loaded with leather, heated seats, sunroof, and working XM. Needless to say, I took it. Had plently of power thanks to the V-8 engine.

I have Executive now with a rental coming up this Friday. Will report what I see.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:48 pm

Got a week rental at PDX National. The lot is off-airport and took 5-10 minutes to get there, but the driver was friendly and gave us tips on where to fill up (no gas stations at the exit for returns).

Mostly Malibus and Impalas on EA and EE. There was a new Mazda6 and one Altima. I grabbed a 2009 Malibu LTZ (loaded). I really just wanted XM and that was the first car I saw with the antenna. Upon return, it was again mostly Malibus and Impalas with one Jeep Liberty/Dodge Nitro on EA.

There was a brand new 2009 Ford Taurus, but it was parked in the Luxury space. I would have liked to test drive it, so I hope it makes its way into the EA/EE rotation.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:20 pm

I concur with the previous poster. I had a rental for a weekend in late March - Executive Aisle. Most of the EA was the standard Impala/cheap Altima fare. The Executive Aisle also mostly had Impalas, but they were newer/nicer. I picked up a Mazda6 with 1500 miles on it....that was the nicest car I saw. I did note the lack of SUVs on the lot....
Old May 6, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: NW GE, National EE, IChotels Plat
Last time I was at PDX the EE selection had a variety of SUV's (mainly Envoys and Trailblazers) I did notice one cadillac that was hopped in right away... I didn't pay attention to the other cars as I usually grab an SUV wherever I travel to. Granted this was back in October, but I was surprised.
Old May 7, 2009, 6:39 pm

No mentioning of Volvos, When I was there last Fall, there were a number of S40s/S60s. I will be there in a few weeks, an Altima/Malibu LTZ is good enough.

Update: Picked a 2009 Mazda 6, nice car.

Last edited by timrick; May 26, 2009 at 5:05 pm
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:35 pm

My experiences...

I hope this can help as this board has helped me alot...
I rent at the PDX National about 20x per yr.
I have ES level and I will post the car I have rented..
1.) Burgundy Prius - regular Emerald Aisle
2.) White Volvo V70 - ES Aisle
3.) Gold Volvo V70 - ES Aisle
4.) White VW Beetle - Emerald Aisle
5.) Silver Nissan Altima - Emeral Aisle
6.) Toyota Camry - ES Aisle

Cars I have seen:
1.) Ford Flex - ES Aisle
2.) Cadillac - ES Aisle

I will update after this weekend (I am going tomorrow)
Hope this helps!!!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:55 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome ardentazn both to Flyertalk and the National forum and thank you for posting your experiences.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This morning at PDX, ES was 3 Malibus and a Fusion. EA was worse. Pretty pathetic. They had other vehicles on the lot that would be ES-appropriate elsewhere, but not here.

Upon dropoff 6PM Monday there was nothing on either aisle but a Rondo, a Fusion and an Avalon. There must have been a problem with the Avalon, as people looked at it but left in the other two. The driver said they've been short on cars for much of the summer.

Last edited by bbison; Aug 15, 2009 at 10:46 pm
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Flew in late last Wednesday and was told I was lucky to have a reservation as they were sold out for the Hood to Coast Relay. I had rented a full and my pick was among two Jeep Unlimiteds, a Camry, and a Toyota FJ Cruiser. All the minivans were sequestered as they were rented and there was NOTHING else.

I went with the FJ Cruiser as my neighbor has one and it seems fun to drive. I really enjoyed it although I regretted not getting a Jeep for open top purposes.

When we returned the FJ they had a full lot but I was in too much of a rush to notice what they had.

I would like to point out that the street where the lot is located (Holman) is EAST of I-205....you go down and take a right at a car wash. We saved $70 by going with National over Avis so to us the shuttle ride was worth it. Great experience overall.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL GE
Bump bump bump!

Going to here in a couple weeks.. What's the scoop?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL GE
♫ ♫ AYYYYYY! Can anybody hear me? ♫ ♫
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pragakhan
♫ ♫ AYYYYYY! Can anybody hear me? ♫ ♫
I was last there in May and go through every six months. What they say is pretty much true. There is usually a good selection and an occasional specialty. I think I got a Charger the last time. If there is a special event, maybe not, just like everywhere else.

The big thing if you have never been there is the location. It is off airport. Really off airport. It is past the Embassy Suites and the Hampton. Past the Ikea. Past 205. Past the Motel 6, or is it a Super 8, anyway past all of that and turn right. Go back in an industrial area and it is almost invisible on the right. If there is a lot of traffic, there is a back way over by the Embassy and International center. If late, the lot is dark and kind of creepy, almost like some of the Thrifty locations. No gas close. Easiest I have found is take the 205 south to the first exit and go east over toward the Comfort Inn. Oregon is an attendant required state. Just sit in your car and someone will fill it up. I always tip a buck or two if they give quick service, but I do not know if it is expected.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Just piciked up on a Saturday evening. Lot was sparse, to say the least. There were a few of each size in the small reserve aisle and in EA and ES there were 2 cars - a Red Impala with 18K miles and a 2011 Dodge Avenger with 594 and Sirius. Guess which one I took?

I guess I can't complain about a $48 last-minute special rental for a quick trip up to Seattle and back but still a bit surprising to see so few cars there.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: DL DM, UA PP, Hyatt DM, Marriott SE, SPG Gold
If you're a Costco member the best plan is to drive east on Airport hwy past the turn for the rental car location about two miles or so to NW 122 (I think) and gas up. Otherwise you're probably best off filling up at radio cab in town (by far cheapest gas) just on other side of 405 from downtown at NW 15 between Kearney and Lovejoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.