Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at RDU

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've seen and taken multiple Traverse(s) from the RDU ES, but mainly because they didn't have any PCARs available for a PCAR res any time I've rented there. Outside of the size, which I didn't need, the Traverse isn't much to write home about (through I don't have any problem with its cousin the Enclave).
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Thursday around 940pm

Emerald Aisle had a smattering of Malibus, Camrys, and Journeys.

Executive Selection had Malibus, Jeep Patriots, a Traverse, an Equinox, a Grand Cherokee with cloth and no nav, and a Corolla(wth?).

I needed a van and asked the agent if he had any coming around. He returned 3 minutes later with a Grand Caravan SXT with 19.5k miles and XM still working.

Minivan, one-way for 3 days paying out of pocket total of about $1.50 in taxes. The absolute best way to use free day coupons.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Just started renting weekly from RDU again after a few months away. Sunday nights usually have a pretty decent selection, especially if you take note of the Executive spaces against the fence that are somewhat not in your immediate field of vision because of the bright lights in the Emerald Aisles. If you dont see anything you like, the volume of traffic is so high that the entire lot will likely flip in 10-20 minutes.

Midweek is much more suspect- I showed up at 11pm on a Monday a few weeks ago and the ENTIRE lot (not just the Emerald Aisles) was empty. There was a line of customers waiting for cars, and you had to take the first car offered to you.

The employee (manager maybe) drove up to gentleman in front of me with a minivan and exclaimed "I GOT A MINIVANNNNN" and he was visibly annoyed.

Lucked out and got an XC60 right after him
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
good exec aisle selection on 10/29, with lots of SUVs, trucks, and nicer cars including a sexy yellow '16 Camaro CVT

we ended up with a modestly equipped Nissan Pathfinder 4WD, was pleasantly surprised to see it get 26ish MPG
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:48 am

Nice selection in ES on 12/11/15, took a nice Mustang convertible.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
Originally Posted by Willyk9
Nice selection in ES on 12/11/15, took a nice Mustang convertible.
Me too - this last Tuesday, 12/15. 70 and sunny - great for the 10 mile ride to the office for a tough meeting.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: WN,DL,BA
2/6/15 Thursday Afternoon

EA Malibu, plenty of small to mid size SUVs
ES very nice selection, Challenger, Camaro, Full Size SUVs and Minivans

grabbed a brand new Tahoe after arguing that a Ford Expedition is in the same class as a Tahoe.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:35 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Tuesday night, extremely late. All minivans ALL THE TIME! Both Aisles were 80% minivans of all shapes and sizes. Very very slim pickings. A number of Hemi Rams and an F150. Three challengers, one of which had 4 miles on the clock. I took that Challenger and took it well away from RDU, all the way to Omaha! Hah!

There was a Hemi Charger RT on the upsell line right in front of the main office, however it was apparently "rented" to one of the staff. I would have LOVED to have taken that instead.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by `X'
Tuesday night, extremely late. All minivans ALL THE TIME! Both Aisles were 80% minivans of all shapes and sizes. Very very slim pickings. A number of Hemi Rams and an F150. Three challengers, one of which had 4 miles on the clock. I took that Challenger and took it well away from RDU, all the way to Omaha! Hah!

There was a Hemi Charger RT on the upsell line right in front of the main office, however it was apparently "rented" to one of the staff. I would have LOVED to have taken that instead.
I loved the availability of minivans at RDU.

When I lived in the area, I'd regularly burn free days for lengthy one-way rentals in minivans with the family.

RDU is a PITA for lost-and-found, but when it comes to a stocked aisle, and agents willing to "hunt" the lot for a specific vehicle, it was top notch.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
2/20

ES probably 100 minivans, Audi A4, BMW 4 series convertible, challenger etc

Got brand new fully loaded minivan 1 way
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:36 pm

Odd mix of Dodge Ram trucks (several), Dodge Minivans, One cloth Nissan Maxima, Nissan Rouge and a Camaro on the Executive Aisle today.

I took a previously mentioned tip and headed straight back to the 3 deep rows of cars on the far Executive Aisle. There was a Explorer Limited in the middle and an Infiniti QX70 at the rear. With the wife and 5 year old in tow I didn't feel like moving cars around and took the QX70.

The exit booth asked if someone gave me this car. I replied it was at the back of the aisle. She said it was my lucky day.

It's a nice car....but crazy base. No aux input...just a USB port for Iphones only. No bluetooth streaming and a very dated infortainment screen. I'm going to have the car for 8 days ($220 all in) and might try and exchange it for an Explorer. The lack of streaming audio is pretty big. Not Nationals fault, but annoying.

There's no where to park and "check the aisle" so I might have to gamble and just hope for a decent exchange.

Nice car otherwise...just 1500 miles.
KRSW likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:24 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Did you have the QX70 or the QX60? The 60 has three rows and the 70 two. I previously rented the QX60 (PGAR, only 3K miles). But had to swap out as I found the seats to be atrocious. National is not ordering the Premium Pack which adds power lumbar support...I found it pretty atrocious that a $45K vehicle doesn't come with adjustable lumbar standard but so be it.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Did you have the QX70 or the QX60? The 60 has three rows and the 70 two. I previously rented the QX60 (PGAR, only 3K miles). But had to swap out as I found the seats to be atrocious. National is not ordering the Premium Pack which adds power lumbar support...I found it pretty atrocious that a $45K vehicle doesn't come with adjustable lumbar standard but so be it.
It's the 70. Just two rows. Used to be known as the FX
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Got an Explorer there last Friday night in the far right Executive Aisle. Pretty nice with leather, nav, and dual-panel moonroof.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:47 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by stillageek
It's the 70. Just two rows. Used to be known as the FX
Bummer. Seems National is ordering all of the Infiniti SUVs in the bargain basement trim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.