Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at RDU

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Picking up Thursday 8/19 at around 7:00 P.M....

Didn't see anything but regular "midsize" cars on the EA (including a couple of VW Beetles), regular "fullsize" cars on the ES -- no SUVs, no minivans. After checking the lone car with a visible satellite radio antenna to see if the subscription was active (a Toyota Corolla -- it was not), I went with the one Nissan Altima sitting on the ES. Both I and the person who wrote up the hangtag were fooled by its trip odometer -- the mileage was a lot higher than we thought, I realized after pulling out (something like 35K); oh, well, it's still much newer and lower-mileage than the '97 Altima that's my own personal car.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
RDU Update

As you can tell, I'm doing a stint here for the past few (and future few) months. Typical Monday morning pickup around 10a. The last few weeks it's been a Grand Marquis graveyard in the Exec Aisle. I've been able to get alternate cars - a 300 and a Charger. Last week was a Prius. Got into it and realized that it was a smoking car, so quickly hightailed it out and into a Santa Fe.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 4:14 pm

The ES was pretty well stocked at 1:30 this morning (RDU location just went 24/7 recently...). Camrys, Chargers, Grand Cherokees, you name it. Not a Grand Marquis in sight.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Just flew into RDU on Tues around 7pm. ES had a smattering of sedans and a couple of SUVs. I picked up a fully loaded Kia Borrego with leather. This time of year the heated seats are wonderful.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:34 am

What passes for a luxury car on RDU these days?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Picking up on a Thursday at about 5:45 P.M....

ES seemed to have a decent selection of the usual full-size suspects (seemed to be Chargers aplenty).

EA contained exactly four vehicles: one Dodge SUV, and three Malibus, all silver, one with a handwritten note jammed into the driver's door that read "LOCKED." However, one of the unlocked two turned out to be an LTZ with 596 miles and active XM, so I took that one. As I was pulling out, it was replaced with a fresh-from-the-wash Hyundai -- Sonata, I believe.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
more cars at RDU

Just picked up a dodge journey with leather from the executive selection aisle. It has 20K miles so I'm not sure precisely how it got in that aisle. I like to get an SUV in RDU because so many of them and pickups and minivans are on the road in the triangle that I like to be able to see around those big trucks. The ES aisle was full but mostly of boring sedans I did not look closely at them. Just a few SUVs and not that many with leather. There were more cars including some SUVs in the regular Emerald Aisle which seemed to have quite a good batch of cars notwithstanding a slew of HHRs.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
Picked up a Volvo S60 on the Executive Aisle last week. Lots of SUVs with seriously low mileage. Not sure if I was just lucky or if the selection has gotten a whole lot better lately
Old Dec 26, 2011, 6:00 pm

Monday, Dec. 26th 10am

EA:

- 1 x Dodge Nitro (which the attendant claimed was inadvertently parked there)
- 1 x Dodge Avenger
- 2 x Chevy Malibus

SUV:

- About 6 Jeep Compasses
- 1 x 2012 Chevy Captiva

ES:

- About 4 Impalas
- 1 x Dodge Durango
- 12 pickup trucks

Specialty:

- 2 x Mustang V6 Premium convertibles
- 1 x Chrysler 200 Convertible
- 1 x BMW 328i (which I took) with a luxury booking

They had a bunch of cars behind their little booth, not sure why they were keeping the location underfilled.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:48 pm

What to expect RDU in EA

Coming in to RDU on 3/4 on a Sunday night around 7:00 pm. What can I expect to see in the EA at this time on a Sunday. I can get a 'premium' car from another company around the same price as the EA midsize. I'm debating which one to go with.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Monday AM (2.13)

Arrived @ RDU at 10AM...RDU is a shuttle from the terminal to rental car facility airport and made a tactical error sitting in the rear of the coach, - and - being gracious and allowing fellow pax to get off before me (the entire shuttle was Club and Executive). This resulted in me missing out of the most desirable vehicles... I guess I needed to be "shuttle lice", and stand at the door

Anyway, as I recall in the Aisle...
1 X Camry
2 X Altima
2 X Mazda 6 (I spied #2 at the same time as a female traveller, I swear she speeded up her pace to grab this one)
2 X Chrysler 200
1 X Fusion

Walked to the far end (non-canopy/ES), there were 2 X Avalon ('11/'12) was about to cop the '12 when the attendant asked my status. Staff seemed very helpful. multiple attendants available to assist.

I also had an Enterprise premium res (same $), so, I walked across and subjected myself to a small upsell. Rental was for 3 days and required a drive to RIC (DL wanted an exorbitant fare ATL-RIC...chose instead the nice 2 hour drive on I-85), so I opted for an Enclave. Nice SUV, only issue the XM went out on Day 3 so no Bluesville on the way back.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
In My Mind I'm Going...

...just a little JT love right there

Back again at RDU this past Monday...prepared to be less passive/gentlemanly - not necessary, shuttle bus not crowded. So, a leisurely perusal of the Aisle :

- Altima, Camry (2), Fusion, Escape, Edge, Caravan (Multiple), 200 (Multiple), Soul, Sonata (2...both Indigo Blue - parked next to each other...took the one with less miles). Love that Sonata - nice ride and guaranteed XM.

Executive :

- Suburban, Avalon, Maxima, Traverse, among many others

RDU was full of vehicles parked in every nook and cranny of the facility. Friendly staff, always ready to assist. Gentleman near me in the Aisle area apparently had selected one of the Camry that had a MX, was allowed to take an Avalon.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Picked up Sunday 11:00 am

The EA and ES were full. Impalas, Malibus, Camrys, minivans and plenty of SUVs. I wanted a minivan with the DVD player in it, so I had to back out two cars just to get to it. Also watched as someone wrecked a brand new charger into the exit gate. He was on the phone and didn't see the agent trying to get him to stop so she could check the paperwork and driver's license. Overall great selection, but could be organized better.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:18 pm

Was dropping off a one-way from DCA Saturday morning around 9am. Did they erect some more signage and a new enclosed kiosk since my last visit?

Anyway, EA/ES had a 300, a couple Equinoxes, and lot's of Camrys, Impalas, Malibus.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Was dropping off a one-way from DCA Saturday morning around 9am. Did they erect some more signage and a new enclosed kiosk since my last visit?

Anyway, EA/ES had a 300, a couple Equinoxes, and lot's of Camrys, Impalas, Malibus.
Really didn't pay attention. I was just trying to get out of there and they had cars everywhere. Some of the cars I was interested in probably would have required me to move at least 15 to 20 cars. It is a real tight location for my first time renting there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.