Wiki Posts
Search

Great Selection @ Executive Selection LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Great Selection @ Executive Selection LAX

Both the Executive Selection and standard Emerald Aisle were full of upgraded cars when I arrived at the LAX location this morning.

The Executive rows had pretty much everything in full-size and above: standard Buick Centurys and Monte Carlos, the Impala LS with leather, as well as several TrailBlazers, Durangos, PT Cruisers, and Dodge Caravans. Surprisingly, there were even a few Sebring convertibles mixed in as well.

Emerald Aisle also had some SUVs and minivans mixed in with the ordinary Grand Ams and such.

I ended up choosing a Buick Park Avenue out of the Executive Selection. Not bad for $22.99 a day (intermediate rate + free Executive upgrade + contract ID discount)!

The LAX selection was much more extensive than it was at SFO last weekend. Best I could manage in San Francisco out of the Executive Selection was a new Chevy Malibu (not the "Classic" but the new design).
Old Jun 27, 2004, 11:46 am

I was there last earlier this month and all they had on the Emerald Aisle were Classics. From a distance I could see a couple of SUVs and new Mailbus on the Executive Aisle. I guess it depends on the time and date.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:32 pm

Agree LAX is tops

Was there last week and the Aisle had SUVs, something like a LeSabre, and other full size cars, as well as what I assume are "classics". Got my first drive of a rendevous.
Old Jul 10, 2004, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LAX has, hands down, the best Executive Selection I've seen anywhere. I've rented from this location about 15 times this year.

New Durangos, Sebrings, Park Avenues, PT Cruisers, Grand Cherokees and even Caddys are the norm.

To add to the selection, the majority of the cars are brand new - and when I say brand new, I'm talking cars with 3 miles on the odometer when I pick them up.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:15 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by gnedge
To add to the selection, the majority of the cars are brand new - and when I say brand new, I'm talking cars with 3 miles on the odometer when I pick them up.
That happened to me at Palm Beach International Airport earlier this year.

I had a fellow FlyerTalk member with me, who was astonished that I not only could choose any vehicle that I wanted, but that the one I chose only had 3 total miles on it!

I will be arriving at the airport in Los Angeles tomorrow. I hope the vast selection still includes mini-vans and sport utility vehicles in the Executive Selection area when I arrive.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 11:56 pm

Programs: former NW Plat & HH Diamond, NA Executive Elite - now just a DL Gold sitting in the back of the plan
I was at LAX this morning (landed at 9:30) and found the selection in Emerald Executive to be very limited. Essentially my onlyl choice was between the Buick Park Avenue and Monte Carlos and a few mini-vans (blah!). No SUVS, convertibules, etc.) I lucked out that they had ONE Grand Prix which I happen to love so I snagged that up.

Don't know what everyone else experienced with LAX, but they seem to be selling out of their cars (supposedly) daily.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 11:58 pm

Programs: former NW Plat & HH Diamond, NA Executive Elite - now just a DL Gold sitting in the back of the plan
Originally Posted by gnedge
My car at LAX today had 22,829 when I started it up. Not that I really care that much. I've only had one rental that was brand spankin new, with 7 miles on it.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I found the selection of vehicles to be pitiful in Los Angeles.

Not only was there no mini-vans or sport utility vehicles in the Emerald Executive Selection area, but I had to pay extra to get the mini-van, which I needed. The mini-van will wind up costing me around US$313.00 for the week, including all taxes and fees.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
A prime example of YMMV, I guess.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Last week the selection at LAX in the Executive Selection had dwindled significantly. Only a few cars were there, period, and the choices were not too good. Three Buick Centurys, two Impalas (nice car but horrible sight lines out of the rear window IMHO), a Jeep Liberty, and a couple of Bonnevilles. I ended up with a Buick Rendezvous with 23,000 miles on it (!) and a broken right-hand mirror. Fortunately I was only renting for one day; otherwise I would have tried to flag down an employee in the lot to see if he could find something better.

When at LAX on the weekends I never have a problem getting what I want out of the ES.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 3:29 am

I just arrived tonight around midnight and the selection was a little slim as well.

If you're familiar with the Executive Aisle layout, you'll know that there are many SUV's and other cars parked around it. Some of these have tags on the rear-view mirror, some don't. Some have keys in the doors, some don't.

Usually, if the selection looks bad in the aisle itself, I take one of the SUVs or premium cars around the aisle - which I did again tonight. I've never had an issue doing this and no one has ever said anything - so I'm assuming that it's ok. I'm also guessing that they give the Exec. Elites a little more leeway and I'm always very nice when I get to the gate.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 2:22 pm

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
Am presently in DAY on business and was surprised to grab a brand new Dodge Magnum.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by thomasrich
Am presently in DAY on business and was surprised to grab a brand new Dodge Magnum.
Your lucky. I was there last week and had my choice of SUV's and Centry's.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Nice to see that there's more variety at National lots across the country with the addition of Chrysler vehicles. The ORD location had some Chrysler Pacificas mixed with the Cadillacs in the Luxury aisle this past weekend.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
This is a pretty old thread - but wanted to add vs. starting a new one. Anybody rented at LAX recently? I need to move (local) next weekend and have some free days to use. Was wondering what the chances of getting an SUV in the Executive Isle are on a Thursday morning?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.