Search

Car not processed yet at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Car not processed yet at IAH

Dropped my car off at 1 pm today. Told the lady who was approaching my car with her little machine that the tank is full and key is in the ignition. Usually get my receipt emailed within a few minutes. Not this time. It's still open and now says overdue on my res. I called the counter there and the agent Trish said not to worry they will do inventory tonight and it will close out then. I told her I sure as hell don't want the car back time listed as midnight! She said to call back tomorrow after it closes out so you can get them to ensure the return time reflects the actual time. What a pain. She indicate that today was the 1st day of their new set up so it's taking time for everyone to get up to speed.

Has this happened to anyone before?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:28 pm

Happened to me once. I had a similar conversation but I ended up going back to the location and talked to them in person.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
I dropped mine off at JAN at 5:30pm and the guy told me he would check it in. I just realized I didn't get a receipt so it hasn't been checked in either.... guess I'll find out.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Update: I received my receipt this morning as expected. The time returned was already correctly indicated at 1 PM. I suspect the agent I talked to on the phone flagged this since the return time on the record said exactly "1 PM" (that's what I told the agent) when it was more like 1:06 or 1:07 PM technically.

Nice work National.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
I can't recommend enough the importance of snapping photos. It gives you a timestamp and a location.

1. I dropped a car off at PWM last summer and the agent couldn’t get the res to close, so he sent me inside.

The agent was punching the keys for a while, then said the system was down and she'd close it out later. Thankfully I snapped a pic of her name tag and the sheet of paper she was writing on (she was taking notes about charges and rates).

Didn’t think anything of it… until 2 weeks later when I got an Amex charge email alert for over $2k on my $180 rental. Apparently the res was never closed and it incurred penalties and over fees for 2 weeks.

I called National and they said they needed verification I dropped the car off on that day. While I suppose my good word and a flight # would have sufficed, I sent them the pics I had taken. They credited my card and threw in a free rental day.

2. I've received a few post-rental damage charges (even though the gate agent is supposed to document them), but since I always video and photo the entire inside and outside of the car, I've been able to document with pics and timestamps that the damage was already there.

In summary, technology is your friend.

Last edited by troydwhite; Aug 20, 2017 at 9:01 am Reason: typos
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by enviroian
Update: I received my receipt this morning as expected. The time returned was already correctly indicated at 1 PM. I suspect the agent I talked to on the phone flagged this since the return time on the record said exactly "1 PM" (that's what I told the agent) when it was more like 1:06 or 1:07 PM technically.

Nice work National.
They may have written the hour of the car return on the window or something...

Got a car a few weeks ago somewhere and on the upper left corner driver side window it said "7p" and I asked what that was (thinking it may be a damage or something) and was told it was when it was returned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.