Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Way Rentals

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

One Way Rentals

Anyone had an problems trying to use the Executive Aisle for one way rentals? I am picking up the car from STL and will be dropping it off in Evansville, IN. I have rented from STL in the past and I know it's just a booth you check out from. Everything I rent there never talk to a person before. Just want to make sure since it is a one way I don't get told sorry you must only take a midsize car because they don't want to lose an SUV for that location. I do have it reserved as an aisle pickup.

Boy I hate how much more one way rentals cost though.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, MileagePlus Silver, Executive National
Never had an issue have done several one way rentals in the past and I am currently doing one. Aisle cars are aisle cars doesn't matter the reservation in my experience.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by homanga
Never had an issue have done several one way rentals in the past and I am currently doing one. Aisle cars are aisle cars doesn't matter the reservation in my experience.
Glad to hear. I never had a bad experience with National but in the past Budget said they couldn't give me a different car because it was a one way. They gave me a class lower then what I reserved. This is my first time renting a one way with National.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:47 pm

If you're renting at a franchised location like CMH, they have a special row of cars that are going one way- you can only choose from this aisle because those are cars owned by National corporate, not by the franchisee.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canyoncar
If you're renting at a franchised location like CMH, they have a special row of cars that are going one way- you can only choose from this aisle because those are cars owned by National corporate, not by the franchisee.
Thanks I think STL is a corporate location, hopefully it is at least.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by canyoncar
Though at CMH you're lucky if you can pick from that aisle!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
I one way from STL all the time, you will not have any problem taking whatever you want from the aisle
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
I certainly can't argue with you on that one
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit

This is why I like Avis way of doing business where they do a hybrid model. This way the cars are all from corporate.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

One more question, I did rent midsize for the executive aisle. It includes unlimited miles on this one way. I shouldn't have any problems with picking a SUV and getting to the gate and them changing the mileage to not unlimited is there? I read sometimes renting above a full size will remove the unlimited miles on a one way. Did not know if the aisle would be exempt from that.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by nicemann
One more question, I did rent midsize for the executive aisle. It includes unlimited miles on this one way. I shouldn't have any problems with picking a SUV and getting to the gate and them changing the mileage to not unlimited is there? I read sometimes renting above a full size will remove the unlimited miles on a one way. Did not know if the aisle would be exempt from that.
I've done a one way from MCO to LGA on a Luxury res and had unlimited miles. It probably depends on the location and the contract but it isn't a policy that makes it anything higher have limited miles. That being said I would just call them to make sure?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:29 am

Retail rates = unlimited miles
Some corporate rates = unlimited miles for one-ways up to a fullsize reservation
Some corporate rates = flat rate plus mileage charge

Just a friendly reminder that everyone here is using a different rate plan. There is no one size fits all.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by nicemann
Why not rent Full Size? It costs the same and if there's an issue may lead to a better upgrade.

Ron.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newfbc
Why not rent Full Size? It costs the same and if there's an issue may lead to a better upgrade.

Ron.
Great point, I change my rental to a full size. I am using a contract ID that I have never used before but it is open to the public (at least I believe it is). I tried changing the rental to a full size SUV and it still showed as a unlimited miles included. So I should be okay. Contract ID is much cheaper then anything out there I can find for a one way, just did not want to call and have them start questioning me.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:45 am
Original Poster

A little follow up. I did my reservation and dropped it off yesterday at Chattanooga. Changed my mind on ending in Indiana before my trip started. I used WestJet code 3715794. Every other code came back well over $1,000 for the 8 day rental and I paid about $300 with it. I was really impressed with the price. Selection at STL was not great but I did end up with a Hyundai Sante Fe from the executive aisle. Was not my first choice but it worked out.

It was unlimited mileage but funny they did not even look at my mileage. They just put in 75 miles above what I left at. I really drove about 850 miles. Hopefully they update that in the computer before the next person takes the vehicle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.