Search

National Franchise Wichita, KS Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
National Franchise Wichita, KS Airport

What is this place?

No Emerald Club anything here. Everything (including drop off) must be done at the main counter.

First they have nobody at the counter. Hidden behind a plastic sign was a service bell. Ring the bell and some guy comes out of the back with the top three buttons of his shirt unbuttoned so I get to see his tie dye t-shirt. His sidekick who at least had his shirt fully buttoned came out and decided he was the one who would actually be working.

Go out to the garage and find damage on the vehicle that I want recorded. They have nobody in the garage (to be fair, I don't think any agency other than Enterprise had anyone in the garage...).

So I go back in. This time I see a woman waiting at the counter saying nobody is there, she needs to return her car, she is going to be late for her flight... There is a new plastic sign on the counter that says agent has stepped away and will be back. The service bell was removed from the counter. Yet we can both hear voices in the back room. Try to get their attention but no luck. What is this? Is this how they handle a shift change? Another 10 minutes and one of them comes out and handles us, but no apology for the delay or explanation.

While standing around I observed every other agency in the airport had its counters staffed with people out front the entire time. Thrifty/Dollar had one employee with a very long line, Avis and Enterprise both had 3-4 employees coming and going, Budget had a couple employees... this is a really poor showing for National.

I was really surprised the woman who returned a vehicle just took a receipt from them and left. Nobody inspected the car. I have never seen this process before, but, again, it appears to be how most of the agencies at ICT handle returns. I guess before and after rental pictures are very necessary at this type of place.

Avis and Enterprise look to be the best options at ICT, I think they are the only ones that are corporate.
Old May 21, 2017, 2:06 pm

Excluding the dress, having a very small number of employees is typical for what I've seen in the smaller locations I've been to (FNT, CMI, GNV). I always have to return to the counter for damage declaration, and never have a walk-around post rental. In addition, during slower hours, I have noticed that only one person is on staff to rent/return and clean/prep cars- leading to the sign of 'will be right back'

I haven't been to ICT, but based on how you described it, you will likely have the same experience with all the rental agencies. I've had similar problems with Avis and Hertz at these too. In my experience you just have to set your expectations appropriately for the market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.