Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Membership With Chase sapphire

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Executive Membership With Chase sapphire

Hi Guys,

I recently got the Visa Infinite card from chase and signed up for Exec Membership in national. Am trying to make my first reservation for a trip with family next month.

I tried to book a emerald Aisle choice using Infinite contract & tried once with regular Emerald Contract. Infinite came out to be little bit more expensive (15$ for a week). For both cases its showing me to pick a car from emerald aisle.

My question is my reservation shows to pick the car from Emerald aisle not Exec. Emerald aisle. If i show my membership on the counter will they allow me to take the car from executive aisle.

Also to use the Exec emerald aisle do i need to reserve using the visa infinite contract ?

Appreciate the help.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:53 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If National shows that your membership has been upgraded to Emerald Exec. then you can just choose from the Exec. aisle. You can use any contract ID you want. Just call National to confirm whether you Emerald Club member number has been upgraded to Exec. or not.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:32 am

Wasn't there another thread on this topic, saying this is "fake" Executive membership? You can pick any car from the Executive Aisle, but you will get no rental credits towards free days?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:10 pm

I have not seen using or removing any specific Contract ID as giving or revoking access to the Executive Aisle (sometimes I have seen them require "Counter" though). So, you do not need to use the Infinite code (I use my corporate code, never Infinite and have no problems)

Have you linked your Emerald Club to your Sapphire Reserve through the National Executive link in the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal? (Near where you would have activated your Priority Pass). When I upgraded my account, it took a couple of days before new reservations said to "Proceed to Executive Aisle". If you have already done that and your account shows "Executive" as the level, you should be fine. Printing out that page wouldn't hurt, but I doubt you will need to show it to anyone.

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Wasn't there another thread on this topic, saying this is "fake" Executive membership? You can pick any car from the Executive Aisle, but you will get no rental credits towards free days?
I can't speak to the Inifinte code, but I got full credits when using this upgrade and my company corporate ID. Granted, I only needed to use the automatic status for a month or so before I hit the 12 rental mark, so it's been awhile since my data point.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlueEngineer
I have not seen using or removing any specific Contract ID as giving or revoking access to the Executive Aisle (sometimes I have seen them require "Counter" though). So, you do not need to use the Infinite code (I use my corporate code, never Infinite and have no problems)

Have you linked your Emerald Club to your Sapphire Reserve through the National Executive link in the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal? (Near where you would have activated your Priority Pass). When I upgraded my account, it took a couple of days before new reservations said to "Proceed to Executive Aisle". If you have already done that and your account shows "Executive" as the level, you should be fine. Printing out that page wouldn't hurt, but I doubt you will need to show it to anyone.

I can't speak to the Inifinte code, but I got full credits when using this upgrade and my company corporate ID. Granted, I only needed to use the automatic status for a month or so before I hit the 12 rental mark, so it's been awhile since my data point.

Actually I created my national account from chase rewards portal and my tier status does say Executive..only thing is it doesn't show proceed to executive aisle on the reservation I made..hopefully that's not a issue and I can show my executive status on the app if they ask ( I don't have a physical card)
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Gowtham Ram
Actually I created my national account from chase rewards portal and my tier status does say Executive..only thing is it doesn't show proceed to executive aisle on the reservation I made..hopefully that's not a issue and I can show my executive status on the app if they ask ( I don't have a physical card)

The app doesn't say it for me and I'm an executive elite. I never had an issue getting cars off the executive aisle though.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:31 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Are you new to the Emerald Club, OP? Usually they require a desk visit at the first rental to verify your documents (DL, CC).
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Are you new to the Emerald Club, OP? Usually they require a desk visit at the first rental to verify your documents (DL, CC).

I don't think I needed to when I signed up for it. I am actually like 99% sure I don't. Even when I go to JFK at midnight where it tells me to go to the counter I can just go to the aisle.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I don't think I needed to when I signed up for it. I am actually like 99% sure I don't. Even when I go to JFK at midnight where it tells me to go to the counter I can just go to the aisle.
When I first signed up, it told me to go to the counter, I did, and the agent just waived me on up to the selection area.

OP, If you created your account through there, then you are all set. I would be shocked if anyone asked you any questions/caused any problems. Like I said before, if you want a little bit of assurance, print out your account summary, or have the app on your phone to show your status. You almost certainly won't need either.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I think that might've been me who repeated what someone else said about the Visa Infinite code. It was clarified elsewhere that if you use that code then you won't accumulate any rental credits. However, since then someone else also confirmed the executive status isn't tied to that code. Once your account is upgraded to Exec, you can use any code you want and still pick from the Executive stalls while accumulating rental credits.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all the reply.. I feel more confident now ( this is my first time with national).. Hopefully PHX has some good cars in executive aisle..
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Here's your opportunity to find out more ahead of time.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, National Executive
does the Executive status expire at all?

I've had status through the Chase Reserve, and today got a nasty surprise at the airport. App said I'm down to Emerald status. National is saying once you attain Executive status, you have to complete 12 rentals in order to maintain the status for the following year. They're treating it like a status match.

Can anyone confirm? I'll call Chase this evening about this when I get free again.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by viperbrown
does the Executive status expire at all?

I've had status through the Chase Reserve, and today got a nasty surprise at the airport. App said I'm down to Emerald status. National is saying once you attain Executive status, you have to complete 12 rentals in order to maintain the status for the following year. They're treating it like a status match.

Can anyone confirm? I'll call Chase this evening about this when I get free again.
Should not expire as long as you hold the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
viperbrown likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, National Executive
no one has been able to tell why my National status dropped off. the reps at National are so bad. they kept harping that you need 12 rentals to get back Executive status, because it's treated like a status match. they did say contract ID has nothing to do with it.

As a last resort, I simply used the National Executuve enrolment link on the Chase Sapphire website and voila - got back Executive status.

moral of story - getting National status through Chase is perpetual as long as you hold the card. no one at Chase or National can get you this status over the phone. you are forced to use the Chase website link in case anything goes wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.