Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Any way to avoid underage surcharge with National?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Hey all, does anyone know of a current way to waive the underage surcharge with National? I know USAA works for Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise, but I can't find anything for National.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:40 am

Some corporate and association discounts do.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Some corporate and association discounts do.
Do you know of any in particular? I'm not looking to cheat the system, there may be some I qualify for.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:02 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by m907
Do you know of any in particular? I'm not looking to cheat the system, there may be some I qualify for.
You would know if you qualify for them
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
USAA waives underage surcharges for a few rental companies (not sure about National though) and you can get a USAA number without being a full member (military veteran, military family, etc.).
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
You would know if you qualify for them
I'm not sure I would - it looks like National cracked down on sites providing codes a couple years ago, FlyerTalk being one of them.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:39 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by m907
I'm not sure I would - it looks like National cracked down on sites providing codes a couple years ago, FlyerTalk being one of them.
That's right, and those using various contract IDs as part of an affiliation with an employer/alumni network/etc can easily enough determine the t's and c's of those programs they are eligible to use.

So, check with your employer, your college/university and/or its alumni office, any credit cards you have, affinity groups, airline or other travel programs you belong to, etc. Any of those who participate with National will have that information readily accessible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.