Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Infiniti QX80 Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

2017 Infiniti QX80 Ride Report

This will be a fairly short report, as nothing has changed much from the '13 model year that was reviewed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...de-report.html

And a '14 that was reviewed here:

2014 Infiniti QX80 Review/Ride Report

Those were fairly limited reviews, however I agree with most of the comments. However, my mileage was much better and my truck only had 133 miles on it when I picked it up. I averaged 16.3 over my ~300 mile rental, and managed 23.5 MPG on a 75 mile highway trip.

The QX80 is a very comfortable ride under almost all conditions. The heated seats and steering wheel were great for the damp Spokane weather. The only issue I had was that there was a fair bit of bump-steer over uneven pavement.

My favorite feature? The LED front lighting. I believe starting with the '16 models all the front lighting is true LED. Both the headlights and fog lights. I have a hard time seeing at night, and these lights blow the doors off even HID's. They really have to be seen to be believed.

Least favorite feature? The sound system. It was decent, but not exactly what I expected from a $70k SUV. If you do rent one, I highly recommend going into the settings and turning on the "Driver focus" setting. That's not the exact name, but you'll see it.

Overall, at $104 all in for a 3 day rental it was well worth the price.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
I had one of these in Seattle before. Very comfortable, but just didn't feel special. Plus the one I got was pretty beat up.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Just had one in IAH from the exec aisle. Pretty nice ride, fully loaded. I don't know if I'd spend 65-70K on one though. Big SUV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.