Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email from National: "Take control in a BMW X3!"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email from National: "Take control in a BMW X3!"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I don't know either but the one I had two days ago (2,500 miles) had rearview camera enabled but parking radar and parking turn lanes aid off. Probably previous renter messing around.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:18 pm

Just picked up an X3 at EWR. Car was not sitting in the executive aisle, but rather a special premium section up front. The CSR said I could take it as an EC Elite.

Drives great. Mega disappointed there is no rear view cam or other proximity sensors. Shame for national. Shame on BMW. Why even offer such and under tech enabled car nowadays.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by JCrew7384
Just picked up an X3 at EWR. Car was not sitting in the executive aisle, but rather a special premium section up front. The CSR said I could take it as an EC Elite.

Drives great. Mega disappointed there is no rear view cam or other proximity sensors. Shame for national. Shame on BMW. Why even offer such and under tech enabled car nowadays.

Hmm seems they don't order it for some. The one I have now from LGA has both.

Check the settings? I do find the sensors to be a bit sensitive so I turn them off sometimes. Put on 2,000 miles so far and love the ride. Will be going to Boston soon and shall see how comfortable the seats are for a long road trip
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:00 am

Picked one up today at SFO. No trouble asking attendant for one that I saw in a different row other than EA/ES. Kinda disappointed this one doesn't have a backup camera even though it has the technology package (but no driver assistance package) - checked above the rear license plate, no camera to be found...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:09 pm

Saw one at Astor Place several weeks ago; it was being returned by two Asian females and was damaged. They were on the phone with National working out the damage claim process.

Might be interesting to drive one, but with my luck the first time am ever in any sort of accident would be with a rented BMW. *LOL*
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:37 pm

Interesting to note: I can see what I think are lane assist lights in the dash next to the speedometer, but certainly no way to turn it on.

Also there was a huge crack and chunk of plastic missing from the drivers side mirror. Seems like people are driving these a little recklessly
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Overheard some other renters talking about the X3, which was hiding in the back corner of the regular Emerald Aisle at PIT. Naturally, I grabbed it when they decided to stay with their larger SUV. It had NJ plates and definitely had rear view camera and proximity sensors. Some idiot also set the speed limit warning to 5mph which caused the alert to go off every time the car accelerated past a measly 5mph.

I had no idea this was a "promotion" and surprised they made a big deal about it.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
When did PIT get Aisle service?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:43 am

Just picked up another BMW X3 at EWR this week. This was a white one with the M Sport package. It HAS a rearview camera and proximity sensors, but no lane change or dynamic cruise or anything like that, again, even though in the dash I can see the outlines of where it should light up.

Interestingly, the one X3 sitting out did not have a camera. I asked if they had more in the back with a camera and she was confused about why the one sitting out didn't have one.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:08 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Just picked up another BMW X3 at EWR this week. This was a white one with the M Sport package. It HAS a rearview camera and proximity sensors, but no lane change or dynamic cruise or anything like that, again, even though in the dash I can see the outlines of where it should light up.

Interestingly, the one X3 sitting out did not have a camera. I asked if they had more in the back with a camera and she was confused about why the one sitting out didn't have one.
Pics or a VIN available? M-Sports have a full body kit among other upgrades, I'd be shocked if they stocked those in the fleet, but am genuinely curious.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Pics or a VIN available? M-Sports have a full body kit among other upgrades, I'd be shocked if they stocked those in the fleet, but am genuinely curious.

I've seen one once in JFK before this whole promotion was announced
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Will grab a pic today. It is nicer on the inside than the standard I had last week. Steering wheel has an "M" in the bottom center. Front seats have extending thigh rests. And in addition to lumbar support, there is like side body supports in the seat. Also there is a Sport+ mode that didn't exist on my previous model.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:09 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Will grab a pic today. It is nicer on the inside than the standard I had last week. Steering wheel has an "M" in the bottom center. Front seats have extending thigh rests. And in addition to lumbar support, there is like side body supports in the seat. Also there is a Sport+ mode that didn't exist on my previous model.
Very cool! Sounds like you definitely got one, that is exciting news!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite

Saw two X3 with the MSport package on the ES at EWR when I returned a car two weekends ago. Was almost tempted to book a another reservation on the spot to drive it but unfortunately, it's still the version with a 2.0L I4 rather than the 3.0L I6.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:26 pm

Can you take any pics?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.