Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Handling Car?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Best Handling Car?

I'm on a work trip to southern California until about June and there are so many amazing canyon roads to enjoy in this area.
At home I drive a 2015 WRX, but I can't rent that. So what's the next best car that I can choose from the Emerald or Executive Aisle?
A month ago, I had the Camaro, and while it handles pretty well, it really hard to see out of because you sit way too low and windows are tiny.
Would Mazda3 be the best choice if I can find one?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Nissan 370Z sometimes pop up on Executive. Mustangs are common. If you want to really get a car that handles well, bite the bullet and spend for the Corvette upgrade.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:49 am

I don't think I've ever seen a Mazda 3 at National.

I'd go for a Ford product, like a Fusion Titanium or Mustang. Corvette would be even better, as Don said above.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Putnik
I'm on a work trip to southern California until about June and there are so many amazing canyon roads to enjoy in this area.
At home I drive a 2015 WRX, but I can't rent that. So what's the next best car that I can choose from the Emerald or Executive Aisle?
A month ago, I had the Camaro, and while it handles pretty well, it really hard to see out of because you sit way too low and windows are tiny.
Would Mazda3 be the best choice if I can find one?
I got a gti once
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I don't think I've ever seen a Mazda 3 at National.

I'd go for a Ford product, like a Fusion Titanium or Mustang. Corvette would be even better, as Don said above.

I've rented a Mazda 3 with Alamo once which is a shared location with national at JFK last year. Fairly. Fun car IMHO

I would take a Ford fusion titanium over a Mustang IMHO unless you can snag a GT which I've seen in national a few times on the aisle.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Wait I have an Ambassador?, National Exe. Elite, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
Nissan 370Z sometimes pop up on Executive. Mustangs are common. If you want to really get a car that handles well, bite the bullet and spend for the Corvette upgrade.
Originally Posted by justheretogettips
I got a gti once

How recent were these rentals?

I've been to SEA, PDX, SNA, and RDU several times over the last couple months. So far the most sporty/exciting cars I've seen in ES/EA were a couple Camaro/Mustangs/Challengers(Turbo4 and V6), and one (1) Charger RT. All visits were Fridays and Sundays evenings,
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by yeeeeperdiems

I've been to SEA, PDX, SNA, and RDU several times over the last couple months. So far the most sporty/exciting cars I've seen in ES/EA were a couple Camaro/Mustangs/Challengers(Turbo4 and V6), and one (1) Charger RT. All visits were Fridays and Sundays evenings,

I've seen a 370z at LGA in the Alamo section with the keys inside which usually means I could take it. Was going to be snowing so I took an Explorer
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I've seen a 370z at LGA in the Alamo section with the keys inside which usually means I could take it. Was going to be snowing so I took an Explorer
I see the same one all the time at MCI, but it's always buried behind rows of other cars, so I've never tried it.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by yeeeeperdiems

I've had a 370z a couple times late last year in San Diego.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:25 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Had the 370z in PHX recently.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I see the same one all the time at MCI, but it's always buried behind rows of other cars, so I've never tried it.
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
I've had a 370z a couple times late last year in San Diego.
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
Had the 370z in PHX recently.
Is the 370z usually just sitting in the Emerald Aisle or do you need a higher class reservation to get it?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Twixboy
Is the 370z usually just sitting in the Emerald Aisle or do you need a higher class reservation to get it?
They've been in the Executive Aisle when I have taken them.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Twixboy
I think it's base sports car, like a Camaro or Mustang. So if you see one not on ES, just ask to take it and 99 times out of 100 they'll let you.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
They've been in the Executive Aisle when I have taken them.
I think it's base sports car, like a Camaro or Mustang. So if you see one not on ES, just ask to take it and 99 times out of 100 they'll let you.
Thanks guys.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:25 pm

I've had both a 370Z and 350Z, but it's really rare to see them IME. I did have an Impreza at SFO once, a MINI, and a few others but they are all unicorns. We took a Sonata canyon carving last weekend lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.