Most fun car at LHR?

Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
Most fun car at LHR?

Anyone know what fun cars the London Heathrow Enterprise (no National there) has to offer?

I have a 4 day rental coming up and want something fast and fun - I don't get to drive in my real life these days.

I have a class E intermediate reserved currently.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:51 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Between the speed cameras, fuel costs, and the traffic, I don't know how much fun it is to drive anything than a comfy cruiser anywhere other than the back roads in England today. You certainly won't be going anywhere fast. I'd aim for something frugal and comfortable.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
I appreciate your perspective but I don't care at all about fuel costs. I only get to drive a few times a year right now.

I seem to have had good luck with speed cameras too - the few tickets I have earned turn into warnings half way across the Atlantic. I drive on a US license these days.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
All cars are fun in the UK. You get to drive from the passenger seat, in the wrong side of the road and turn left in roundabouts ....

That said fun cars are far between when renting through National in Europe. European locations are serviced by Enterprise, National Status recognition is very rare and the absolute majority of cars are high mileage, mid market brands with minimum engines (Think Opel, Peugeot, Citroens, Fords with 1.2-2.0 litre engines). Expect an intermediate to be a low spec Ford Focus/Mondeo or Opel Astra/Insignia 1.6litre with 30k+ kms on the meter.

I you're looking for fun cars to rent from LHR (and are willing to pay), I'd call Enterprise LHR to ensure specific models or look elsewhere (eg. Sixt LHR has Jaguars, Range Rovers and higher spec BMW/Mercedes and AVIS has Bentleys and Aston Martins). Remember fun highend sedans are often Diesel in Europe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.