Search

No Rental Credit using Sapphire Reserve

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Gold
No Rental Credit using Sapphire Reserve

Hey friends.

Noticed that since I got my Sapphire Reserve I am not receiving rental credits with National. I know that the card bumped me to Executive but is that way I am not getting credits??
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:48 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I'd start by checking your profile to make sure you have selected free day credits (and not airline miles). I use an SR and have never had this issue.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Yea I did that. Maybe the infinite code?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by ericjkelly
Yea I did that. Maybe the infinite code?
Not sure what the infinite code is...but sounds like this could be sorted with a call to Emerald CS.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

So here is what they said...

Dear Mr. Kelly,

You are welcome!

The company ID number is automatically linked to the credit card, which allows the Executive tier status. The status will be removed, if the ID number is removed, since they are linked.

Warm Regards,
Shanita
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:21 pm

That doesn't answer the question though. I've never heard of there being a relationship between how one achieves their status (i.e., earned rentals or credit card) and the ability to earn rental credits towards free days. It sounds like there is some internal block on your account for some reason preventing you from earning the credits. I'd suggest calling and not emailing.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:28 pm

I just ran into this same issue after having used the visa infinite contract number to book a one-day rental in TPA. The rep confirm that there is a comment on her screen where rental credits would normally appear that said 'org. does not support emerald club', which apparently means they opted out of rental credit accumulation as a cost saving measure for their contract. She gave me 5 rental credits (to push me to a free day) for my trouble.

In the future I will be using either my company's contract number or the base emerald club member contract, 5007125. The latter looks to have rates similar to the visa infinite contract anyway and also allows free additional drivers.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:25 pm

Yeah, I made a reservation using the infinite code with a free weekend day on the website. When I go in the app and select modify, there is a notification at the top of the screen that says, "this reservation is not eligible for earning rewards due to a restriction in the contract." I honestly think this is an error with the way National put the contract into the system. You don't give people free Executive status, and then not allow them to earn credit using the contract ID they just used to sign up for the program with.

***Edit*** There's another regular Visa cardholder contract ID that doesn't have this problem. The only time I ever use this contract is when using the free weekend day coupon for Visa that's associated with it. Otherwise, the regular Emerald Club code provides the same discount. I just don't want to risk voiding the primary rental coverage provided by the Saphire Reserve by using a coupon not provided by Chase or Visa.

Last edited by NCLSEA123; Mar 28, 2017 at 4:10 pm Reason: Update info
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
Yeah, I made a reservation using the infinite code with a free weekend day on the website. When I go in the app and select modify, there is a notification at the top of the screen that says, "this reservation is not eligible for earning rewards due to a restriction in the contract." I honestly think this is an error with the way National put the contract into the system. You don't give people free Executive status, and then not allow them to earn credit using the contract ID they just used to sign up for the program with.

***Edit*** There's another regular Visa cardholder contract ID that doesn't have this problem. The only time I ever use this contract is when using the free weekend day coupon for Visa that's associated with it. Otherwise, the regular Emerald Club code provides the same discount. I just don't want to risk voiding the primary rental coverage provided by the Saphire Reserve by using a coupon not provided by Chase or Visa.
bruh, you don't have to use the contract ID to gain rental coverage. Read the terms of your card agreement, please.

Certain contract codes DO NOT gain rental days because of the discount provided. If rental days are that important, find another code
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by AppleTwapple
bruh, you don't have to use the contract ID to gain rental coverage. Read the terms of your card agreement, please.

Certain contract codes DO NOT gain rental days because of the discount provided. If rental days are that important, find another code
I use the Visa code only when using a free weekend day coupon also sponsored by Visa. The reason is that in order to get the primary rental coverage using the Saphire Reserve, you have to pay the rental entirely with your card. It has been mentioned in the past in other threads, that certain coupons, including Emerald Club free days could invalidate that coverage, because Visa's insurance company interprets the "free" day as a different payment method. By using a free day coupon sponsored by Visa, it would be much tougher for them to say that I didn't pay for the entire rental using my card.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I am having the exact same issue as the OP. Looked at my National account for the first time this year, and realized that I wasn't receiving any credits for the multiple National rentals I've had in 2017. Called National and they said the contract I have on file, Visa Infinite, is preventing credits from being accrued. Called Chase and they transferred me around a bunch without a positive outcome.

Why have an advertised benefit on the card if you're unable to properly use it? Very frustrating.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:50 pm

You can use executive level from with another contract number or with no number at all.

And you still would have your primary coverage if you pay with card but use another contract.

Also you can use visa infinite rate, but that rate doesn't include free days.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:31 pm

If you're set on using a Visa code, use the regular one. No restrictions against earning credit and the same discount. I think that the regular Emerald Club discount is the same.

https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca...12-visa-1.html

Like I said before, the only benefit to using the Visa code is if you're using the Visa free weekend day coupon and using the Saphire's primary rental coverage benefit.

Last edited by NCLSEA123; May 10, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.