Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Executive Status

What credit cards are offering Executive status? I had it through my Amex platinum, but I've since rid myself of that card. Anyone know of other options?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Jetblue Mosaic, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
What credit cards are offering Executive status? I had it through my Amex platinum, but I've since rid myself of that card. Anyone know of other options?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+credit+car...ecutive+status
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:03 pm

The first link (thepointsguy) tells me that my Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MC gives me National Executive status, but I don't think that's true. If the card offers you that status, wouldn't they advertise it as a card benefit? Not that it matters to me either way, but it's a card the OP should look into if it actually is a benefit.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:47 pm

Unfortunately, it's not that easy to answer this question. The search results on Google are old for this question. Most of them will point to the World Elite MasterCard and this is no longer true for National. I think the only cc option right now is American Express Platinum card and I'm not even sure if that's true either.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:49 pm

Visa Infinite gives an executive status.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
Unfortunately, it's not that easy to answer this question. The search results on Google are old for this question. Most of them will point to the World Elite MasterCard and this is no longer true for National. I think the only cc option right now is American Express Platinum card and I'm not even sure if that's true either.
That's not true - the Chase Sapphire Reserve also gives you executive status. When you log into your account, you click on Points, then Use Points, then scroll down to Card Benefits. There's a link there to sign up for National EC Executive.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
Unfortunately, it's not that easy to answer this question. The search results on Google are old for this question. Most of them will point to the World Elite MasterCard and this is no longer true for National.
It is still true. Older links quoted might not be valid anymore. This is the new one:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons...-benefits.html

Pointing to this:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/Nati...-Q1/offer.html
Old May 2, 2017, 10:08 am

So why is National passing up this opportunity to brand a credit card?
Old May 2, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So why is National passing up this opportunity to brand a credit card?
Are there any car rental branded credit cards? It might be too much money for them to do something like that. The hotel and airline industries are probably worth 10x or 100x more than the rental car industry. It's easier for rental car companies to create alliances with larger more established programs in those industries.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Twixboy
Are there any car rental branded credit cards? It might be too much money for them to do something like that. The hotel and airline industries are probably worth 10x or 100x more than the rental car industry. It's easier for rental car companies to create alliances with larger more established programs in those industries.
When you consider that EVERYONE now seems to have an affinity card I find it interesting that rental car companies haven't done it. If some of these bizarre places I see cards can get one, I don't see why rental car companies have not.

The only reason I can think of is that perhaps the card companies want some "perk" like "insurance" and it's not worth it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.