Thank You National

Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Thank You National

I just wanted to throw a thank you out there. We all seem to complain about a multitude of things, but don't really give thanks. Thank you National for providing us with out choice of cars and placing desirable vehicles at the locations I frequent.

Some notable vehicles I've had in the past 12-months include:
- multiple Chrysler 300Cs
- multiple Mustang 5.0 Convertibles
- multiple Hemi Chargers
- multiple 370Zs
- multiple Impalas
- multiple Regal Turbos
- multiple Expedition Limiteds
- Maxima
- S60
- Yukon Denali

Thank you National! It's difficult on the occasions when there is slim picking and I drive off in a base model Camry, but I appreciate all the times I can choose a nice vehicle.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Agreed. That's why I'm very loyal to National. I've driven all of those cars and the Mustang 5.0 is by far my favorite.

Not like Hertz where a 300C is considered a HUGE upgrade.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:28 am

Yeah I love national. Currently have an Audi Q5 for $11 a day and the Manger took off $150 so it came to be only $160 for the month. Yeah it's a base trim with little to no options but I needed a small to medium sized crossover and it's fast, good gas mileage and very comfortable so it's worth it IMHO.

Only time I use Avis at times is when I want something fun and I know I can get it whereas National doesn't have it at the airport locations in the nyc area. Rented a camaro SS and a top trim Buick LaCrosse which was fun /comfortable rides.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Yeah I love national. Currently have an Audi Q5 for $11 a day
Wow huge score!^ How did you land that?

Also a big fan of National. Less car class creep than other rental companies.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Wow huge score!^ How did you land that?

Also a big fan of National. Less car class creep than other rental companies.

Idk? I am renting it for a month and I've seen the manager there a few times already and since there was slim pickings already just asked what's the lowest he can offer for the Q5 or the BMW x3 that they had. He said he can give it to me for $11 per day and said he can even offer a discount for $150. Since that was the price of the rental basically after they removed the airport taxes since I'm a local renter I took it. At that price it's a great car. It I've seen better optioned cars in the premier section.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Again, thank you!

I'm in an A8L this week.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Again, thank you!

I'm in an A8L this week.

Where? The only luxury cars I see in nyc is the BMW 328i, x3, the Mercedes C300, Audi A3, Q5 various Cadillac models ATS, XTS, CT5 and Lincoln various models. I've seen a BMW 740i once
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Where? The only luxury cars I see in nyc is the BMW 328i, x3, the Mercedes C300, Audi A3, Q5 various Cadillac models ATS, XTS, CT5 and Lincoln various models. I've seen a BMW 740i once
Saw one at EWR last weekend for $100/day upgrade
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: delta, hilton
I had a fully loaded Q5 from atlanta last week. Had the full car sun roof. Weather was beautiful and loved it.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:17 am

I used 2 free days on a rental but returned it like 2 hours into the 2nd day thinking they will just charge me another day and waste the free day. I got charged for it instead and went to the counter where he actually just charged me for one day and one free day got credited back to my account which I didn't expect.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

In a brand new x3 this week...

According to the Nav, it has been in Massachusetts, New York, Florida and Connecticut.

Originally Posted by xienon
Saw one at EWR last weekend for $100/day upgrade
I was lucky enough and had no upgrade fee

Last edited by 91StealthES; Mar 2, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:17 pm

I've hit a rough patch over the past 2-3 months in terms of options. Other than a Suburban I had at RDU, the choices have typically been Camry equivalents.

Been to PIT, HOU (2X), MSY, PHL and STL recently and none of them had good options available. My timing must suck lately.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Gold
they removed the airport taxes since I'm a local renter
Which airport are you renting from? I can't get my local airport branch to do anything!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
*jealous*

I'm renting from Hertz these days and I'm lucky if I get a Malibu. My last travel job had National as our main corp rate and I was always driving great cars, just picking them out from the Exec Select aisle...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Wiley
Which airport are you renting from? I can't get my local airport branch to do anything!

LGA. It's not technically on the airport which is why they do it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.