Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I return a weekend rental early?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Can I return a weekend rental early?

I want to take advantage of the $9.99 weekend rental rate, and have found a few that are having the promotion. My problem is my flight leaves on Sunday, which means my car would be returned a day early then the contract stipulates. Is there a fee associated with returning the car early when booked under the weekend rate? Can't find any info in the ToS
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by AJDem
I want to take advantage of the $9.99 weekend rental rate, and have found a few that are having the promotion. My problem is my flight leaves on Sunday, which means my car would be returned a day early then the contract stipulates. Is there a fee associated with returning the car early when booked under the weekend rate? Can't find any info in the ToS
The weekend special rate typically requires a Saturday night keep. You will very likely be charged extra if you return early.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
The weekend special rate typically requires a Saturday night keep. You will very likely be charged extra if you return early.

Hey, thanks for the reply, what is a saturday night keep?
I plan to return it sunday, when my return date is monday. Is that not gonna work?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Plans change all the time. In my experience you will be charged what you agreed to. I doubt any extras will arise for early return. After all , they can rent the car again and double dip. Just my opinion. Ymmv
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:32 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Plans change all the time. In my experience you will be charged what you agreed to. I doubt any extras will arise for early return. After all , they can rent the car again and double dip. Just my opinion. Ymmv
Sorry, but this is not correct nor is it a "YMMV" situation. Many rates are calculated based on, among other factors, how long the car is being kept. Some rates (such as the National Last Minute Special) are invalid if a car is returned early or not kept a certain length of time. Perhaps the programs you use or your own personal corporate code does not have those restrictions, but many do. Following your advice, depending on the itinerary modifications, OP could see his or her rate default to a higher than quoted price or the maximum daily rate, which could be several hundred dollars per day. It has nothing to do with if the car can be re-rented.

OP, the only way to confirm if you will have an issue would be to call the reservations line and ask them to confirm if there will be a charge for a change in plans.

As an aside, the $9.99 weekend rate is an Enterprise program (not National, as far as I am aware, unless you're referring to a Florida Drive Out rate which isn't yet valid), and as such, may have completely different rules altogether.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
If this is indeed an Enterprise 'weekend special' - the terms are usually Friday to Monday rentals.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.