Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016/2017 Dodge Charger?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

2016/2017 Dodge Charger?

do any of them have a backup camera? Honestly I would rather have them order ones with a backup camera than the RT trim.

The V8 HEMI inside is fun but I rather rent a Toyota camery if that's the only other choice because they have the backup camera.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Don't think the ones I've rented have ever had one. But it's been a number of months since I ended up with a Charger. By next Spring, all cars will be required to have them, so then you can have your fun with the Hemi.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Don't think the ones I've rented have ever had one. But it's been a number of months since I ended up with a Charger. By next Spring, all cars will be required to have them, so then you can have your fun with the Hemi.

Which means I would have to wait until the summer /fall for the 2018 model year. Still it would be nice for them to just buy that option since I doubt it costs more than a few hundred bucks.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Which means I would have to wait until the summer /fall for the 2018 model year. Still it would be nice for them to just buy that option since I doubt it costs more than a few hundred bucks.
Had one a couple months ago from Avis and it didn't have a backup cam either. R/T trim too.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
Had one a couple months ago from Avis and it didn't have a backup cam either. R/T trim too.

I am pretty sure it's Dodge/Chrysler who's not leasing/selling them with it.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:50 pm

I had a 16 in LA last year and it had no camera. I think it as base model. Rear vision is lousy on them. To some one from the UK they look a cool car but never will I rent one again even if they are on EA.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wadda
I had a 16 in LA last year and it had no camera. I think it as base model. Rear vision is lousy on them. To some one from the UK they look a cool car but never will I rent one again even if they are on EA.

Rear vision isn't lousy like a camaro, Mustang or challenger but it's not a selling point IMHO. it's doable for the most part.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I had one recently -- no rear camera -- but it did have AWD which came in very handy in the snow!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noah
I had one recently -- no rear camera -- but it did have AWD which came in very handy in the snow!

Only the V6 has AWD. I was about to take one last week a 2017 SXT model but they got my a jeep grand Cherokee limited with 4x4 and the camera.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
I rented a '16 Charger RT base model from HNL. I love the V8 and would take the HEMI regardless of the trim level, but I agree that it would be more appropriate for it to have a higher trim including backup cam.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OSLexpat
I rented a '16 Charger RT base model from HNL. I love the V8 and would take the HEMI regardless of the trim level, but I agree that it would be more appropriate for it to have a higher trim including backup cam.

Don't get me wrong I love the HEMI V8 but driving in the city where I need to park a lot on the streets the camera is more important for me. The camaro SS which I rented from AVIS is probably one of the few other cars that I find just as fun as the V8 charger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.