Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Executive elite rental credit limited to certain class?

Old Nov 27, 2016, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

I've noticed the Brooklyn location in NYC is allowing us to reserve full size elite and since I am an elite I thought there is no limitations on class I can use the free day on. Says on the app and website I can't reserve that.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
For some reason full size elite is considered an "exotic vehicle" and thus isn't allowed for redemption as a executive elite.

This is a major annoyance I have in the program -- I can't seem to even reserve "luxury" anymore either.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell
For some reason full size elite is considered an "exotic vehicle" and thus isn't allowed for redemption as a executive elite.

This is a major annoyance I have in the program -- I can't seem to even reserve "luxury" anymore either.
Stealth devaluation? I also noticed I can't reserve anything higher than a Premium with a banked free day.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:21 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
It's location specific. Some places don't allow certain classes to be reserved regardless of status or how you're paying. DTW, for instance, does not offer luxury as a reservable class so if that's something you want you have to talk to the folks at the desk.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bworrell

JFK has recently allowed me to reserve luxury and even use the free coupon as an executive elite. Also can do premium crossovers as well. Problem is they don't have a dedicated luxury or premium crossover section. When I reserved a premium crossover they said I could take a Dodge journey which was on the aisle or a infiniti Qx60. Ended up taking my coupon off and just used one of my other coupon from that promotion and took a BMW 328i which was nice.

At the Brooklyn location I ended up using my day with a premium crossover and got a caddalic SRX. Had 28,000 miles and it was an OK ride. I wouldn't pay the price for the rental or even buy it but it was an ok ride. I am currently renting a Ford fusion titanium and it's a 2017 model and it's fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.