Community
Wiki Posts
Search

After hours EA selection?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:33 am
Original Poster

After hours EA selection?

I have a flight arriving after-hours. Can I book an EA pickup and still leave with my selected vehicle even though the counter will have closed? I understand this is a "shared" facility so someone will be around at the exit gate I should think?

TIA
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

An answer for the record should anyone in the future wonder:

Yes, from a shared facility with an all-night guard at the gate, a car can be retrieved from the (National) Emerald Aisle even though the counter is nominally closed.

This is what you do: book your reservation for as late as possible before the counter closes so that the reservation is on the books; if you wait for when you arrive in the middle of the night it won't be scheduled until the next morning.

Once the reservation is logged, call the nighttime counter shift and explain you intend to arrive after they've left, so don't purge the reservation but more importantly, the nighttime guard needs permission for removal of the car to be on the list. Your phone call will ensure that.

Off you go; worked like a charm though the facility was almost deserted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.